PDA

View Full Version : The hidden benefits of crossdressing

windycissy
03-22-2005, 11:36 PM
I dress for a simple reason: I love the way I look and the way it makes me feel. But I've discovered some hidden benefits, such as:

Crossdressing motivates me to keep in shape. No way I could pass if I weighed what I weighed a few years ago. So I really watch what I eat and exercise a lot, which has done wonders for my body, energy, and frame of mind, even when I'm in drab.

Crossdressing has allowed me to become much more empathetic towards women. I used to feel let down when my girlfriends liked to hang out in jeans and a tee shirt on the weekends. Now that I know how high-maintenance it is for them to get dolled up, I understand why they need some "down time".

Crossdressing has made me a much more loyal lover - I get my kicks from dressing up, which has replaced the need to play around. Wouldn't the average woman rather that her boyfriend or husband got his thrills from putting on skirts instead of chasing them?

Anybody else know any other benefits?

Tristen Cox
03-23-2005, 12:05 AM
I've definitly learned how to better take care of myself, personal hygene, skincare and the like. I've developed a better sense of fashion and now I do understand more of why women wear what they wear. Nailcare has become a new vanity over the past two years, and I've already recieved compliments that my nails look manicured. Why not? Dressing up drab or drag; it's great to have good looking nails. Also understanding women themselves has become clearer. For instance befoe I had always thought them to be too picky and to take too long going shopping etc. These thoughts are in the past. I've become a much cleaner living person and my habits show it in everything I do. Organisation has become a major past time. Clean freak? Yes I am. But I'm just blethering now so I'll stop. Interesting thread Windy. Take care.

Love
T

Marianne
03-23-2005, 12:47 AM
The line "don't worry honey, I *am* the other woman!" springs to mind.

:) :) :)

crispy
03-23-2005, 02:20 AM
The line "don't worry honey, I *am* the other woman!" springs to mind.

Brilliant !!

Sweet Susan
03-23-2005, 02:37 AM
Very good points, Windy. I also keep myself in shape because of crossdressing. If I wasn't a crossdresser, I know I wouldn't watch my weight as closely as I do. And it certainly does take care of the running around.

Holly
03-23-2005, 03:02 AM
May I quote you... to my wife?:D

Tiffy
03-23-2005, 07:26 AM
One of the benefits that I have found is a great intrest in hair care. Which my wife benefits greatly from. And she could use it with hair to her ass.

Kisses, April

Wendy me
03-23-2005, 07:36 AM
well outside of as being a crossdresser i would have never met this all too complaceted loveing careing tottaly centered and off the wall girl that is wendy
what a shame it would have been not to have known her .............i love her my own inner girlfreind.......................

AnnaMaria
03-23-2005, 10:12 AM
I must say that I have also noticed some positive side effects of being a cd over the past few months.

For me the most important one is in the fact that I am now a lot closer to my wife than I was before I came out to her. We talk a lot more and I am more open with my feelings now than I was.

Of course I also got the shock of my life when I recently went to the docs office for a physical so that I could start a new job. One of the things that I had to do while I was there was to get weighed and I almost feel over when the girl told me how much I weighed. It was then that I realized just how it must be effecting my wife to want to loose weight after the birth of our son. And to that end I have started a diet to try to loose some of the gut that I have developed while I was on layoff.

huggs
anna

Richelle
03-23-2005, 11:34 AM
Windy,

I agree that I tend to look after my weight more. I also am more concern about my skin's condition.

No only if I can get my wife to believe what you wrote.

Richelle

Wouldn't the average woman rather that her boyfriend or husband got his thrills from putting on skirts instead of chasing them?

sidney_girl
03-23-2005, 06:53 PM
Besides giving me an incentive too keep my weight down (and to lose a few more pounds) and to take better care of my skin, hair, and nails, my crossdressing has done one other thing for me.

I tend to be a somewhat--actually, a very--impatient person, especially when dealing with things like slow-moving lines in stores. Actually, I should say that my male persona is the impatient and angry one. :mad:

Sidney, on the other hand, isn't quite so bad. You see, when I'm en femme, although I may feel impatient at times, I tend not to act upon those feelings, and as a result, they begin to disappear. When I'm dressed, I don't want to make a scene, and am on my best behavior. Of course, Sidney's far from perfect, but I think she's a much nicer person than the man who shares the same body. :)

Dominique Melt
03-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Ditto for the fitness thing, although I look like a linebacker. No doubt the CDing thing, now that I am fully proud and happy with it, has made me more conscious of my overall fat-to-lean muscle ratio and has changed my attitude about my personal appearance and my relationships with women. I love them even more, and am no longer jealous of them. Well, maybe just a teensy bit envious.

Marianne, I am stealing your line for my stand-up schtick. M'kay?

Trinity_cat
03-23-2005, 07:41 PM
I find that I am a lot calmer as Catrina. Intoxicated with serenity.

On the down side though, when in drab and arguing with my wife, she tends to call me a bitch at times :) .

Catrina likes to voice an opinion even when in male mode. The cheap little hussy hehe.

Tiffy
03-23-2005, 09:38 PM
Trinity, it is funny that you say that. My wife and I were playing around two days ago and I was dressed. Well, I said something dumb(which I often do) and she stopped and looked at me, cocked her head and called me a bitch. I was stunned. I asked her again what she said and she said it again. I asked her why she called me that and she said look at your self, (I was wearing a black crushed velvet skirt, hot pink thongs, and a silk blouse) your the one wearing a skirt, you are my girlfriend. I kissed her right there. For some reason I was so happy. :) She was looking at April and not the man she married. And loved April just as much. I am still in awe.

April

Wenda
03-23-2005, 10:06 PM
April, that is so cool! glad to hear it. wenda. as for me, dressing has helped me appreciate the women in my life. I notice hair styles, shoes, weight loss, etc, and they really seem appreicative. I should trim up, but I am too undermotivated. wenda.

Ava Mouse
03-23-2005, 10:08 PM
Benefits? Meeting people like you, Windy Cissy! :)

wilma
03-23-2005, 10:38 PM
I have to echo Ava's comments. The most wonderful thing about my cross dressing is the new friends I have made here on the forum. Especially one and she knows who she is. LOL Wilma

windycissy
03-23-2005, 10:40 PM
Amen, Ava! Think of the generations who had to suffer in silence until the web gave us this wonderful way to relate to each other! Windy

JanineSoCal
03-24-2005, 12:10 AM
less judgemental of others due to empathy arisen out of crossdressing: harshly judged and misunderstood by our culture.

take better care of skin and nails

have less road rage when wearing pantyhose

don't get irritable when a girlfriend is taking a long time to get ready...understand why

spending on tools, Monster Truck Rallies, and Body by Budweiser t-shirts has gone down dramatically :)

Janine

Sharon
03-24-2005, 12:27 AM
The only benefit I require is a good dental plan. Beyond that, my needs are few. :)

Strangely enough, back when my wife and I were first dealing with this tranvestite stuff, she was convinced by our therapist that TV's make better lovers. Everything seemed to go much smoother with us after that!