PDA

View Full Version : how do you deal with your frustration ?

MJ
09-05-2007, 03:08 PM
i hope it's OK to ask this question ..ok can you guys shed some light on how you deal with your frustration ?

please forgive the obvious here
so i was born a boy raised as one but it was not who i am , yes i try to pretend i am one but as you know that does not work and over time the frustration builds and before you know it I end up a mess " gender dysphora "

But now i live full time as mj i still get frustrated because i can't delete my past it hangs on. you know not a boy and not quite a girl !! so will it ever go away ?

my question to you is :- guys how do you deal with your frustration does it ever go away or you you get frustrated ?

Thank you

Cai
09-05-2007, 03:20 PM
I try not to get frustrated about my past. I know I'll never a be a cisgendered man, and that's okay. I'm a transguy. My past (and present) life as a woman is part of my identity as a transsexual man.

mistunderstood
09-05-2007, 03:36 PM
I try to remember that no matter what I will always be a girl. Having said that I do not like that fact. I try to balance myself between the two. When I need to bind and pack I do, when I have to be a girl because of monthly's I do that to. But yes I get really angry at being a girl.

MJ
09-05-2007, 03:48 PM
I try to remember that no matter what I will always be a girl. Having said that I do not like that fact. I try to balance myself between the two. When I need to bind and pack I do, when I have to be a girl because of monthly's I do that to.
But yes I get really angry at being a girl.

so i am not going crazy then , it must be the estrogen because i get very angry at times , but there is nothing i can do but ride them out

Adam
09-05-2007, 04:06 PM
When on a good day im ok on bad days i seek out freinds and family or work on the car to take my mind off things. Shame if i cant change my past but good thing is i can my future:D

Syr_SwitchyGQ
09-05-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm looking into investing in a punching bag or aikido lessons... :D ...but until then, any sort of physical activity helps me burn off steam and not feel so powerless.

mistunderstood
09-05-2007, 06:02 PM
No MJ you are not going crazy.

SirTrey
09-05-2007, 09:39 PM
i hope it's OK to ask this question ..ok can you guys shed some light on how you deal with your frustration ?

please forgive the obvious here
so i was born a boy raised as one but it was not who i am , yes i try to pretend i am one but as you know that does not work and over time the frustration builds and before you know it I end up a mess " gender dysphora "

But now i live full time as mj i still get frustrated because i can't delete my past it hangs on. you know not a boy and not quite a girl !! so will it ever go away ?

my question to you is :- guys how do you deal with your frustration does it ever go away or you you get frustrated ?

Thank you

I get frustrated, yes, but it's one of those situations that "is what it is"....What gets frustrating to ME sometimes is that My wife (who is genetically male) can lift more than I can...deeper voice...you get the gist....but you deal with it the best you can....Her being MtF helps, but, simple genetics sometimes does rain on My parade, through no fault of Her own....Actually, today isn't one of My better days, so probably was not the best day to answer this one....<<sigh>> **Trey**

ZenFrost
09-05-2007, 11:14 PM
I apply the art of Zen and meditative thought to my frustrations. I can't ever get rid of the feeling that I'm in the wrong body, but I try not to let things I can't change bother me.

privateperks
09-06-2007, 12:38 AM
I just start a new painting when I get po'd, then at least I'm doing something useful.

Abraxas
09-06-2007, 12:58 AM
Benny's step by step frustration relief method:

Step one: Buy boxing gloves.
Step two: put on boxing gloves
Step three: Apply boxing gloves to wall/ punching bag in a percussive fashion.

That's what I do (when I can) to burn off some of that frustration (or frustration for any reason). If I can't, like if I'm not home, I just play some lod music and let my mind wander.

John
09-06-2007, 07:32 AM
I'm a product of my upbringing, and my past, I can't get read of it, and to be honist, seeing as I can't chainge it, I don't want to get read of it. I don't particulally like it, but I axept that it's a nesecery part of me, that without it I wouldn't be a whole me. (I still sometimes get fraustrated with it, but my coping methods are not the best to imitate)

Dasein9
09-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Well, I used to punch walls and slice my arm up with razors.

Nowadays, I just read something difficult, take a walk, or take a bath. Self-soothing techniques are key.

Taylor105
09-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Well, I used to punch walls and slice my arm up with razors.

Nowadays, I just read something difficult, take a walk, or take a bath. Self-soothing techniques are key.

You too? I thught I was the only one.

Dasein9
09-06-2007, 05:51 PM
You too? I thught I was the only one.

Eh, you must've missed a thread where we were talking about it a couple of months ago. Maybe it was during your big move.

Yeh, I started when I was around nine and stopped sometime in the spring of 2000, when I was 30. I count April Fool's Day as the anniversary.

A few months later, I kicked the (now) ex out, and it's gotten much easier not to cut.

MJ
09-17-2007, 08:13 PM
cutting that sounds like it would work were do i start and how deep ? , boxing gloves. sound like a good idea too .. but i am getting better thank you for your advice sometime it's good to blow off steam
thank you :hugs:

Syr_SwitchyGQ
09-17-2007, 08:39 PM
cutting that sounds like it would work were do i start and how deep ? , boxing gloves. sound like a good idea too .. but i am getting better thank you for your advice sometime it's good to blow off steam
thank you :hugs:

:eek: Please tell me you were being sarcastic, MJ!

boi_0h
09-17-2007, 08:44 PM
I generally let my frustration get pent up until i get so depressed and hopelessly angry that i tweak out and either start punching walls or cutting again (yeah i know it's not a good thing). I try to keep myself occupied by writing poetry and my novel, listening to music, and taking photographs. sometimes i go visit ronnie's grave, it helps to talk to him, even though he can't answer it just feels like he's there.

MJ
09-17-2007, 08:55 PM
:eek: Please tell me you were being sarcastic, MJ!

yes sorry i was being sarcastic, i cry when i break a nail , or get a paper cut .. but i am feeling a lot better about myself thanks :love:

Syr_SwitchyGQ
09-17-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm glad... I was pretty sure I detected a hint of sarcasm, but you never can tell... :blink: I used to hurt myself back in the day, but have since found more productive outlets for my frustration.

Tobie
09-18-2007, 06:17 AM
I get so confused and frustrated with being bigender. I can't really expose my male side due to the kids being so young. Very few people know that it's not just crossdressing.. most of the time, I just call it crossdressing because that's more 'acceptable'.

As for dealing with the frustration: I don't really have a way to deal with it. I used to scratch/cut/scrape myself, but I stopped a few years ago. I guess my biggest coping mechanism is coming on here to talk about it. It's really the only support(other than S/O) that I have.

Xaff
09-18-2007, 09:41 AM
The way I deal with frustration was when I was younger, about 11 to 15/16 years when I got the feeling that I might needed to be born a boy. I just wanted my body to not get the female shape. So I didn't eat very much, in hope I lost some weight. That actually never succeded! I always stayed at my normal weight. Since a the age of 17 I just sport more, to keep my body in shape. To get some musseles, and my hipps are musseled better.

So I just sport 1 a 2 times a week, the rest of my life is normal. So the frustration at the moment is not that bad. And if I feel bad, than I just look on the internet for information about being transgender. That makes me more happy too. But on the other hand I live right now as a boisch girl. And people accept me as I would like to be accepted. So maybe I don't have to transition ........ I don't know. All I know is, I have no frustration anymore right know. Lucky me..... :D

Dasein9
09-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Finally realising that going back in the closet doesn't work any better than the time I tried to put all the organs back in the frog I'd dissected helps with the frustration. Being more and more out helps quite a lot, actually.

Melisa Honey
09-19-2007, 08:13 PM
When I get frustrated I pray or meditate. It works