PDA

View Full Version : wearing a corsit in the car

carmie
09-05-2007, 03:23 PM
ive not been out much dressed as my trouble and strife will not permit me to as she sayes im gay but im not. just like to dress, anyway i went out with a friend in january 07 we decided to book in to a hotel get changed then take the car i was driving we went to clacton for the evening. when we got there we parked up i got my furr coat out to which ide been dying to try on it was verry windy i must of looked good as nobody looked at me, we walked along the coastal path for a while then went into the amusement arcade. we decided to return to the hotel stoped a few times as my corset was digging into me in fact it made me quite sore, we continued to change again to go to a night club across the road i walked for that in heels wow it felt goood.

can anyboy advise me any altenatives to acorset?

Dita_B
09-05-2007, 03:58 PM
An alternative? Yes dear, lose some weight...

And if that is not an option... and you still want to be pretty you'll have to suffer a bit... It is all par for the course...

:love:Dita.

Karren H
09-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Dita's right about the weight.. Then you'd only need a waist clincher.. Or get a better corset!! I've ridde for 6+ hours in mine with no discomfort at all...

Karren

KandisTX
09-05-2007, 04:16 PM
A properly cinched corset should not cause problems or discomfort. If you are cinching yourself in, you are not doing it properly, if someone else is, they need to be educated on the proper way.

Kandis:love:

DonnaT
09-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Proper cinching and proper fitting. Especially in torso length.

You could also try wearing a slip underneath it.

But, an alternative would be an all-in-one foundation garment, like a body briefer. Available in many stores.

KandisTX
09-05-2007, 09:35 PM
I should add that I have been making custom fit corsets for many women over the past 9 years so I do know a bit about corsets ;) (sorry gurls, my patterns just do NOT work well with the male form) I also have one of my own which I wear as often as I can. Nothing like that fabulous hourglass figure you get when properly cinched in a well fitting corset.

carmie
09-06-2007, 02:36 PM
dear donna t does a body briefer hold you in to get that hour glass look we all desire and make your clothes feel good dress or top and skirt and can i drive long distances ?

KandisTX
09-06-2007, 02:38 PM
dear donna t does a body briefer hold you in to get that hour glass look we all desire and make your clothes feel good dress or top and skirt and can i drive long distances ?

I'm not donna, but I can attest that a proper body briefer helps you get that figure. ;) I just adore body briefers and would wear one at all times if I could get away with it. ;) Of course, I could say the same about a good corset as well.

Dita_B
09-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Never heard of that kind of an animal...

KandisTX, could you please enlighten me -and perhaps others- what a body briefer is?

Thanks,

KandisTX
09-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Never heard of that kind of an animal...

KandisTX, could you please enlighten me -and perhaps others- what a body briefer is?

Thanks,

A body briefer is an "all-in-one" undergarment that works similar to the old fashioned girdles only without the boning and such. You can find them in the "Shapers" section of stores like Wal-Mart and the like. one piece articles that usually have a snap crotch and are VERY comfortable (to me at least), they are sold by bra sizes and tend to hold you nice and snug, often times helping eliminate the need to tuck those bits away that might show. ;)

DonnaT
09-06-2007, 03:07 PM
There's all kinds of body briefers (http://www.barenecessities.com/Shapewear-Body-Briefer_catalog_nxs,33,style,96.htm).

Put the term "body briefer" in quotes into a google search.

Can one drive a long time wearing one? Don't see why not.

Michelle S
09-06-2007, 04:45 PM

No, body briefers don't give you that hour glass figure, but see below.

I had the same problem you did with corsets. Basically the corset I had was too long and the stays would stick into my thighs while sitting and especially when driving. Many corsets are designed to come up just over the bust line. But, since I was wearing breasts forms I could not wear my corset correctly. I eventually found an underbust corset that was the right length for me:

http://www.absolutecorsets.com/underbust-corsets/satin/vo-1915u.htm

Notice the model is seated. The problem had nothing to do with my weight. It is best if you can be fitted in a corset shop. I don't live near one and so ordered it online and it has worked great!

I often wear a body briefer over my corset and bra to smooth things out.

~Seana~
09-06-2007, 07:00 PM
ya all are making me jealous, alas i think my corset days may be numbered I have a lovely corset which last I tried i could no longer get on. Trip to use the scale at the motherinlaws confirms it, i've put on 25 pounds. Must be all that summer bbq'ing.

Amanda

Darlene-VA
09-06-2007, 07:53 PM
I have a corset that I just love to wear, but since I have lost 7 pounds my all in one with the belly band works just fine and when I lose the other 5 pounds it will all come together

Paulette
09-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Fit Fit Fit what more can I say, if it fits right it should to the job withot killing you but do not look for comfort.

KandisTX
09-06-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm a little interested in that, actually! I've been wanting to get a corset, just haven't done any serious looking for one. I was going to make my own, but for the expense, I figure it would be more wise to purchase one.

depending on where you look you can find a decent one at a relatively decent price. I managed to find mine for $60.00 because one piece of the busk was missing (on top where I don't really need it so I can use my forms with this one). You want to look for one with steel boning, and odds are it is going to have a steel busk in it as well. Differant styles will cost more. I would suggest an Edwardian for someone just starting out it is the most basic looking corset and usually the cheaper of them all.

jakie
09-09-2007, 12:25 PM
hi girls
Well it is a lot of corset models.
One major "parameter" is the front length. This is very important as soon corset is busk equiped.
When you want check front length you should be sit down on hard chair keeping straight position: lower extremity of corset should be at least 1" up pubic bone.
On side you should have enough clearence to be esay be able to knee down.
In rear keep one inch free when sit down on chair (in straight position)
This is my experience of several corsets and a little longer or little shorter will do confortable stays or impossible to wear for long period and specially during journey in car.

MsToriJones
10-08-2007, 06:01 AM
we decided to return to the hotel stoped a few times as my corset was digging into me in fact it made me quite sore, we continued to change again to go to a night club across the road i walked for that in heels wow it felt goood.

can anyboy advise me any altenatives to acorset?

Maybe you don't need an alternative to a corset but you just need a corset made for you. Males normally are longer in the torso and their waist is not located the same as a gg so most of the off-the-rack corsets won't fit the male form well. If you sew you can make yourself an underbust that works with your body and works well in a car.

One lady I know who wears a corset 23/7 says she has a small pillow that she sits on at the back of her seat to make her seat more flat and that makes the corset feel better in the car.

I hope I helped at least a little.

Ms Tori