PDA

View Full Version : how to make up for a more muscular build..

Corinna E
09-05-2007, 11:51 PM
hey girls,

a problem i have always had is that as a guy im rather built!!! as cori, i hate that!!! however it is what it is and there is no way around that. i was wondering though if maybe any of you have came across some select styles or tops that really take away from it. I have large shoulders and it drives me crazy...i try to stick to long sleeve or at least like 1/2 sleeve to cover tattoos. anyone have some ideas for me??

Corinna E
09-05-2007, 11:52 PM
sorry girls,

i got a little caught up looking around on here and didnt realize where i posted!! ill be sure to be more careful. still if anyone could help though i would greatly appreciate it.<3

Chantelle CD
09-06-2007, 12:12 AM
Pad you butt to match yer shoulders :)

misstoni
09-06-2007, 12:19 AM
As a top heavy girl myself, I find that building out my breast, pulling in my waist, and padding my hips really helps the broad shoulder thing. Also, you need to watch the necklines of your tops. You need to go for tops that have lower necklines. The higher the neckline falls to your neck the more prominent you make the line from your shoulders appear.

:2c:

MsJanessa
09-06-2007, 06:10 AM
also if you don't think long sleeves are quite sexy enough, try wearing shoulder length gloves with the appropriate outfit---will camoflage your muscular arms but highlight them in a very feminine way at the same time.

Karren H
09-06-2007, 07:03 AM
Also, wear a fuller skirt instead of a tight one... That will balance out the top and give the appearence of a fem hour slashish figure...

Karren

Lovely Rita
09-06-2007, 07:51 AM
You would be surprised how much long sleeves help in this area.

Corinna E
09-06-2007, 09:51 AM
thanks ladies, all great ideas!!! i have been trying to go with lower neck lines but i had no idea that padding your hips and butt would help also!! thanks so much. <3

Veronica 1
09-06-2007, 12:36 PM
I was watching a makeover show yesterday and the girl who won the makeover had similar problems, wide shoulders and lean hips. They suggested a lot of the above advice, low necklines to draw attention away from your shoulders to your cleavage, fuller skirts, etc. The one thing they they added, though, that really made a difference was a belt, worn diagonally with the buckle to the side. It really pulled in her waist and added to that hourglass figure.

Kathleen Ann Trees
09-06-2007, 02:27 PM
I don't have a huge shoulder line to deal with, but it clearly isn't as petitie as I would like. I remember reading a web site that was dedicated to helping women with different figures. One thing that struck me was a comment, that basically said, "just accept it." If you have broader shoulders, enjoy them and show them off. I've done that a little bit, and I admit, when I stopped worring so much about it, it really opened up my clothing options and my self esteem about it. Just keep shopping for different looks (as suggested above).

Kathleen

KandisTX
09-06-2007, 09:14 PM
First thing is make sure that you select a breast size that compliments your frame. (I chose a D cup for myself as I have very broad shoulders and a thick neck). D size fits my shape well, and does so much more to take attention away from the size (width) of my shoulders.

Kandis:love: