PDA

View Full Version : Whew (came out to a friend)

Mya Summers
09-08-2007, 12:06 AM
Well i just thought that I would let you ladies know that I told some one about my CDing tonight as a matter of fact about an hour ago. I was so scarred to tell her b/c she is an ex-girl friend from high school that I just found back in April. I couldn't believe it she was more understanding about it than my wife was. Of course she askd the normal questions i.e. how often do you do it, where, do you go out in public like that, are you gay. You know the questions any woman would ask a man that just told her that he was a CDer. She lives back in Tennessee where I'm from, and my wife and I have been planning to move back there for the past 2 years. She offered to give me make up tips and such. I asked her jokeingly if we could go shopping together and her reply was yes. She said she would be more than happy to go shopping w/me. The town "well city" that we are going to be moving really close to in Tennessee supports gay rights and such, so I think that I'll finally have my chance to go out en'Femme alot down there w/out being ridiculed, I can't wait. She even want's to see pics of me in CD mode. I am still in awe and shock over the whole outcome of the conversation w/her. She told me that she still excepts me for me and MYA no matter what. ( Now I kinda wish that I would never have broken up w/her in high school)LOL And right at this point I still don't know what possesed me to tell her about it. I just wish that there were more understanding people in the world w/this issue. Thats all I have to say for this bit. I will let everyone know what she thinks of the pics when I show her tomorrow. And one last thing, was I wrong for turning to my ex-grl friend w/this issue? Or did I do the right thing?:praying:

Suzy Harrison
09-08-2007, 01:37 AM
I've found that keeping secrets is hard work and quite stressfull. There are many benefits in putting it out in the open - but risks as well. !
I'm so happy that this has worked out for you :hugs:

Veronica 1
09-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Secrets are hard to keep and it is wonderful that she was so supportive. I just told my daughter in law yesterday and it gave me a wonderful feeling of relief to be able to tell her, and she was supportive about the fact so my world is rosy.

Mya Summers
09-08-2007, 11:19 AM
yes some secrets are hard to keep, but I'm just thankfull that she didn't freak out on me and stop talking to me, she is such a good friend and hope that nothing ever changes between her and I.

Wenda
09-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Actually, I think a lot of friends and family have their suspicions, which they keep to themselves. They connect the dots, like when my closet door opened on its own, to reveal 12 pairs of shoes to my son, who was house-sitting. A surprise, but not the end of the world.
For some, it may be a bit of relief. We are 'just' crossdressers, not gay or whatever. Glad it worked out. wenda.

Valerie
09-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Still, if you love your wife, be extremely careful... If you are still married to her...It was not clear from your message.

Valerie

Mya Summers
09-08-2007, 08:50 PM
yes we are still married, she knows I do it but isn't that accepting of it. But the thing that I don't understand w/her is she brags to her friends about how hot of a woman I make at Halloween when I'm dressed up. When I ask her about it she says that thats the only time she likes it when I Dress up. It makes it confussing to me.

Holly
09-08-2007, 11:05 PM
Mya, you are playing with fire! Don't be surprised if you get burned. Taking up with an ex-GF while you are still married and your dressing is an issue is a recipe for disaster. If you value your marriage relationship, walk away from the GF now.

trannie T
09-08-2007, 11:19 PM
I've come out to my brother and to a friend. It is a very liberating experience. The view from outside the closet is great!

Mya Summers
09-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Mya, you are playing with fire! Don't be surprised if you get burned. Taking up with an ex-GF while you are still married and your dressing is an issue is a recipe for disaster. If you value your marriage relationship, walk away from the GF now.

My ex and I only dated for 2 weeks my freshman year, and became really good friends through high school. My SO knows I talk to her and her herself talks to her. But I will point this out I only dress up when my SO is gone. But I can see where you are coming from, from a certain point of view, if the ex and I had something going on though.

Mercedes
09-09-2007, 12:51 AM
Hello Mya,

A quick story that I hope may help.

About 5 years ago I told a female former colleague of mine after she moved away about my CDing. I was quite close with her and felt very comfortable sharing. I do not know why I choose her I did not know if she would accept but I think we get a feeling about who we can trust. In fact she was the one who helped me find my fem name.

Well sure enough she was totally accepting and wished I had told her when we were in the same city because she would have made me clothes. About a year after she left she came back to Calgary for a visit and she brought me some make-up and we went shopping. It was a great day with one exception I kept this from my wife. I realized after this day how vulnerable I was and that had she not left there could have been serious damage to my marriage. Finding someone who is totally accepting versus not very accepting (my Wife) does not offset the otherwise great relationship we have and I could have jeopardized that.

So enjoy the experience as it sounds like you have two very special people who share different sides of your life.

All the best and I hope I haven't bored you to tears.

Mercedes

RachelDenise
09-09-2007, 08:07 AM
I agree with the posts about being married and doing things with an accepting GG without telling your wife! It is a major problem and breech of trust in the marriage, no matter how your wife views the CD issue. Imagine what could happen if your wife found out!!!! If you are that unhappy in your marriage, then do something about it. I understand it is not easy and have often posed the question to myself......would I leave my wife and my family for another woman who accepts Rachel? It is very complicated. Sometimes I think that I would and many other times I know that I wouldn't.