PDA

View Full Version : Was bound to happen

Veronica 1
09-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Yesterday, my daughter in law came to visit. After opening the door and sitting down in the living room with her, I noticed that I was still wearing my pumps. OOPS.(Darn things are just sooo comfy.) Well, I was caught, so I asked her how she liked my shoes. They look great, she said. We got to talking and I outed myself to her. All she had to say was, cool. She went on to tell me that her dad was known to dress up once in a while and she was totally cool with it. :D So we got to talking about girly things and chatted for the next two hours, it was great. She also let me know that my son had suspicions, but his biggest fear was that I was gay. No worries there, so maybe he could be accepting about it in time.

Diane Douglas
09-08-2007, 09:47 AM
You are lucky to have an understanding daughter-in-law and she has a CD father too. Who kmows, maybe you have something new to talk to your son about.

vivianann
09-08-2007, 09:49 AM
That is cool, it is so wonderful when a GG can be so understanding of what we do, especially since it was your daughter in law. thanks for sharing that experience with us.

Mya Summers
09-08-2007, 11:25 AM
I'm glad to hear that she accepted you and was understanding, and hopefully your son will come to the acceptance of it in his own time. Good luck and congratulations.:thumbsup:

Melinda G
09-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Answered the door wearing your pumps. Now that's funny. I always keep a pair of shoes handy, for those unexpected door knocks.

SherriePall
09-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Amazing! Your son has a CDing father and father-in-law. Good thing your daughter-in-law was ok with her father dressing "once in a while" because it made it a whole lot easier for you. Congratulations.
Now, about those pumps....

Victoria Anne
09-08-2007, 12:16 PM
unfortunate you wetre caught but you did come away with a new friend to talk with , my daughter-in-law would freak. I am happy for you.

Veronica 1
09-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Answered the door wearing your pumps. Now that's funny. I always keep a pair of shoes handy, for those unexpected door knocks.

I have a pair of runners sitting here just for those occasions, too. It is just that my pumps are so comfy I totally forgot that I had them on.

Wenda
09-08-2007, 07:40 PM
I came out to my (adult) daughter on line, who informed me that her older borther also dressed, so I emailed him. We are all ok with it, but we just avoid seeing each other en femme. We chat about it on line, but real time encounters are just too much of a stretch. Glad to hear it went well for you! wenda.

Angie G
09-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Well the daughter-in-law still likes you You've got it made hun :hugs:
Angie

Darlene-VA
09-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Great story thanks for sharing, glad it worked out

SandyR
09-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Cool, glad it worked out. I told my wife that someday I might just go to our firends Holloween party in enfemme. She said "you would look great as elvira"...Gota love pumps.......

SandyR

melissaK
09-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Glad for the "so good so far story." But kinda dissapointed your son is "worried" you are gay. And kinda puzzled that being a hetero CD is a notch above being gay on the worry scale. These stereotypes and biases do run deep don't they. But I am glad that even if your family isn't fully embracing the entire "rainbow of gender," they are on the tolerant open minded side of things. Bodes well.

hugs,
'lissa

PS. The "outted by the door bell" story is pretty funny. I too outted myself answering the door once . . . I think its gotta be the bell - the door bell rings and like Pavlovs dog I opened the door - then I engaged my brain and realized I was sporting pink toe nails and shaved legs in girls shorts.

Byllie
09-08-2007, 10:07 PM
It's wonderful to hear stories like yours. All too often we hear the tragedies, the divorces, the family splits. You are ever so lucky to have DIL like you do.

Melinda G
09-09-2007, 09:06 PM
You never know when the doorbells going to ring. The UPS guy, etc. Can't just kick off the heels, if your toenails are painted. So I keep a pair of deck shoes in the front room, just for emergencys.