PDA

View Full Version : Pink Mist strikes again!!!

Deborah Jane
09-08-2007, 10:51 AM
I,ve been thinking about getting another wig for ages, so today i go off to get one! After about 40 minutes of trying on every wig in the shop i settled on one i realy like! [Brunette, not blond!!!!] While in the shop i became shrouded in the Pink Fog!!:heehee: I eventually left the shop with--- New wig, leather mini skirt, satin top, undie,s and make up!!! I only had just enough money left for petrol to get home!!! Does anyone else get it like this?

Wickanne GG
09-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Now if I did that someone would tag it OCD...and they would be partial correct.

But I tend to find I spend like that when I am trying to compensate for something that is lacking in my life...or because it gives me a sense of control over my life. :dom:

:love:
Wickanne

PaulaJaneThomas
09-08-2007, 12:13 PM
I find that as long as I stay away from Debenhams I'm OK and my credit card is relatively unscathed. Far too many nice frocks in there with prices to match :eek: Fortunately most of their shoes only go up to size 7 and I've got size 8 paws.

Pamela75s
09-08-2007, 02:01 PM
I also find that when I go to buy one item, it will usually end up in an all day shopping trip. One thing will lead to another. The experience of shopping seems to take over and if I find something that I really like, I will usually end up buying it.

angelfire
09-08-2007, 07:20 PM
I seem to have good control over my expenses. I was shopping today, and saw a few tops & dresses, and a few skirts I really liked at the bay. Cheapest one was $53.99, which is pretty outside my budget, so I decided to pass. Went to winners after and found a great top I love for $25, which was far more reasonable. A similar one at the bay was like $75. I almost bought some panties and tights at the bay, but decided against it, as they didn't have any panties that I REALLY liked. And I didn't get up the courage to go into la senza, which would have had far better stuff, and I probably would have spent a small fortune.

So all I left with for 2 hours of shopping was a top for $25, so I think I kept things pretty under control.

Wenda
09-08-2007, 07:36 PM
My Achille's Heel is eBay, especially the shoes! I just bought two pair of size 12 Cloudwalkers, identical!! What the hell is that all about? Who needs two pair of identical shoes?
So, how did I compensate? I bought a RED pair!!! Good Grief! Will power is highly over-rated as a virtue! So, to feel better, I bought three bras??? Does that make any sense? I have to get Wenda under control. My GF says she is a ****, and she may be right!

Dita_B
09-08-2007, 08:25 PM
I can soooo relate to the Pink Fog, it's not funny anymore. Dita goes on a shopping tour about 3 times a week and always comes back with something... Whether 2 good skirts and a camisole at Winners for a total of $3.05 (yes three dollars and five cents), or she goes to Value Village and buys a good skirt or top there for under $10.00

She goes to the Bay or Sears as well, but she buys there only if they have a BIG sale going on... she really likes Mariposa too...they have good sales and pretty clothes...

All what I save in drab mode, Dita spends in a Pink Fog like there is no tomorrow...

I have no idea what's wrong with her...Ooh, the pink fog of course...

:love:Dita.

Darlene-VA
09-08-2007, 08:59 PM
The way that I have learned to control my spending is to only buy dresses and things when they are on sale, this makes shopping an adventure going through all the racks and stops the impusle purchases

Byllie
09-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Whether en femme or en drab, I am the same about spending ... that is, I pinch the pennies till Abe cries. My daughter is similar to me in that respect. :p

Tasha T
09-08-2007, 10:38 PM
I love wigs shops. When I am in one I feel like I am home. I want to try on everything, but the owners usually don't like that sort of thing because they don't want their sample wigs to get destroyed. They just want you to buy something...no...everything!

I think Pink Fog is more like Pink Haze. Here is a scrap of paper I found on the floor of the ladies bathroom in the Queen Mary many years ago (old TG club in LA). If I'm not mistaken, Jimi Hendrix actually wrote this song, then for some strange reason changed all the lyrics:

"Pink Haze"
Pink Haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Trying on wigs, but I don't know why
scuse me while I part the side

Da neow neow neow - guitar

Pink Haze all around
Don't know if I'm blonde or chestnut brown
Am I happy or in misery?
Whatever it is, it's gonna cost a lot to see

Da neow neow neow - guitar

Help me
Help me

Oh, no, no
I should have never have tried cutting bangs in it
There goes another $60
Now I gotta buy another one
I can't go on like this

Pink Haze

heavy drumming

Copyright 1967 - James Marshall Hendrix

Staci
09-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Yes, I do get caught in the pink mist. Once I buy one new item it seems I find a reason to buy more. I just think it is a girly thing to do. I gets into your head, you see something pretty, and you just have to have it.

angelfire
09-09-2007, 10:40 AM
The way that I have learned to control my spending is to only buy dresses and things when they are on sale, this makes shopping an adventure going through all the racks and stops the impusle purchases

The problem I found with that yesterday, is even though I saw a dress on sale for 50% off, it was still over $50. I simply can't spend that much right now, no matter how much I liked it. Although I do feel like shopping more today, but don't know if I am going to or not.

Emma England
09-09-2007, 11:34 AM
I am sorry, but what is pink fog?

Veronica Fallon
09-09-2007, 11:39 AM
I am sorry, but what is pink fog?

Try this link from last week Emma...

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66310

Hugz,

Veronica

Paula Thomas
09-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Deborah Jane - I prefer this version of the saying:

"When she was good, she was very very good, and when she was 'bad', she was better."

:heehee:

Deborah Jane
09-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Deborah Jane - I prefer this version of the saying:

"When she was good, she was very very good, and when she was 'bad', she was better."

:heehee:

So do i!! Ok if i use it??:heehee: