PDA

View Full Version : not a new thread..shaving

Vera
09-08-2007, 03:48 PM
i shaved my legs felt great .. i ventured out in public.. no paid attention to me .. at 1st i was nervous stood behind tables chairs etc.. to hide my legs but went shopping in malls and downtown stores.. no problem then my wife bent down and said you shaved your legs.. it really shows and does not look masculine.. i wanted to hide..she said if i'm to shave do it in the late fall offseason.. but dont let me come home and let me see you in a dress .. she would not go for that... cant figure women out

BarbaraTalbot
09-08-2007, 04:10 PM
a little more info please? does she know you CD? Sounds like she suspects?

she notices because you are hairy in her mind, no one else notices. I was going to hide it wearing only 'big boy' pants, then went out shopping a day or two later in shorts and forgot, no one stared at my legs..(and I have pretty great legs!!)

I am on day 24 of my grand latest smooth legs experiment. ON the right waxed leg about 1/3 to less than 1/2 of the hair is back , but feels fine and not stubbly like razor cut does. It is about 1/2 way to the full length those hair will get to I think.

On the Veet leg (which looked EXACTLY like Alyssa Milano's on day one), was too hairy and stubbly by day 8 so I re-treated that leg only for pictures. (and did chest at the time) 2 weeks later that leg has all the hairs at about the same length maybe longer than the waxed one definitely courser and every follicle seems to have a hair, all the same length. My chest is developing a fine manly patch of fur. I'm thinking Alyssa is going to lose out to pain. :strugglin

dancinginthedark
09-08-2007, 04:54 PM
a little more info please? does she know you CD? Sounds like she suspects?

What she said.

I have no idea what you are looking for exactly. Are you looking for support for your shaving? Are you asking what your wife's is upset about? Can you share more information?

Ruth
09-08-2007, 05:06 PM
I shave my legs, I go out in shorts, almost no-one notices. This is true I imagine for nearly everyone. But the one person who notices every time is the wife. Women shave their legs and expect no reaction but for some reason if they see shaven legs on their man it makes them uneasy. My wife seems to think that my hairy legs were a large factor in my masculinity, and she is not happy with the shaven version. I however am rather hurt that she saw me as just a pair of hairy legs.
Anyway, we have a truce over this. And she concedes that I would look strange in a skirt if I kept the legs hairy.

Wenda
09-08-2007, 06:55 PM
.... she concedes that I would look strange in a skirt if I kept the legs hairy.
I have shaved my legs, chest, etc for several years. I don't think anyone notices or cares. We went on a vacation to visit some of my kids, and I didn't shave my legs, mainly because of convenience. I think the thing people notice most is if your legs are WHITE.
I have had a couple of nice compliments on my legs. Not sure if they are sincere or sarcastic, but I accepted them.
Look around. There are lots of joggers, cyclists, swimmers, etc, etc who have shaven legs, bodies,etc. Just do it and forget about it. It is you! :thumbsup: W

sixstringplayer_58
09-08-2007, 10:58 PM
i shaved my legs felt great .. i ventured out in public.. no paid attention to me .. at 1st i was nervous stood behind tables chairs etc.. to hide my legs but went shopping in malls and downtown stores.. no problem then my wife bent down and said you shaved your legs.. it really shows and does not look masculine.. i wanted to hide..she said if i'm to shave do it in the late fall offseason.. but dont let me come home and let me see you in a dress .. she would not go for that... cant figure women out

i would just tell your wife if u couldnt shave your legs to feel good u didnt want to catch her in a pair of pants heheheheh sixstring player _58 or GLENDA

Mya Summers
09-09-2007, 12:24 AM
I shave my legs, I go out in shorts, almost no-one notices. This is true I imagine for nearly everyone. But the one person who notices every time is the wife. Women shave their legs and expect no reaction but for some reason if they see shaven legs on their man it makes them uneasy. My wife seems to think that my hairy legs were a large factor in my masculinity, and she is not happy with the shaven version. I however am rather hurt that she saw me as just a pair of hairy legs.
Anyway, we have a truce over this. And she concedes that I would look strange in a skirt if I kept the legs hairy.

You are very true on that one Ruth, My SO definitely notices everytime I shave mine, and she does NOT like it. She lashes out w/the phrase (men are masculin and supposed to have hair on their legs). My reply to her on that is "I'll quit shaving my legs when you quit making me shave my gotee and mustash",b/c I hate shaving my face but don't mind shaving my legs.

Emma England
09-09-2007, 04:11 AM
I have always wondered about this.

The majority of men will shave their face, but are not supposed to shave anywhere else?

Every woman that I have met does not like a guy with a stubbly face.

I would say that I like my legs to feel as good as my face.

Oh btw, tell your wife that it is natural for women to have hairy legs too.
Why else would THEY shave (or get them waxed?).

Jillm
09-09-2007, 08:01 AM
I think the most important thing you need to do for a successful marriage is to communicate before you act, weather it be shaving your legs or buying a car. It sound like she obviously knows something, maybe you need to talk to her.

Alaceann
09-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Well I only have a little fuzz around my knees that isn't visable, so basicly hairless legs. No one ever says anything. But I do have a full santa beard that my so likes. There are some GG s' that realy like my facial hair which I don't understand myself. LOL Oh well!

kristiCD
09-09-2007, 09:44 AM
The first time I had shaved legs was when a female friend of mine shaved them for me. I loved the look. Later I had a girlfriend who hated my shaved legs and reacted like your wife. She is not my girlfriend anymore. Exploring and living with my sexy side is too important to me (The shaved legs excited me because they are so sexy). Listening to someone put me down all the time gets old real quick. I am not saying you should get a divorce, I'm just saying I feel for you.

I think we live in a gay paranoid society (when it comes to men, lesbians seem to turn everyone on). Men don't even wear shorts anymore. Men's shorts go down to their knees or lower and men's clothes are so over sized. I think men are paranoid about being called gay and their women are also paranoid about it. That's why they dress so ridiculous (afraid to wear an actual pair of shorts, baggy long shorts on the beach is crazy in my opinion).

Shaved legs look better on men and women. Tell your wife that women naturally grow hair on their legs. Why is it OK for her to shave hers?

Melinda G
09-09-2007, 03:32 PM
And how many times have we heard women making fun of guys with hairy backs!

trannie T
09-09-2007, 06:53 PM
And how many times have we heard women making fun of guys with hairy backs!

And my back is the only area I can't reach with a razor.

JoAnnDallas
09-10-2007, 08:28 AM
I have been shaving my legs for over a year now. I wear shorts and go out in public. No one pays any attention to my legs. I have gone to my nail salon with shaved legs and again no one pays any attention that I have shave legs. So don't worry about them and don't hide them.

jennifer41356
09-10-2007, 01:29 PM
most people arent that perceptive, I have ben shaving my whole body for the last 15yrs and not a word, but then again I really dont care what they think:censor: :heehee:
Jennifer

sybercom11
09-10-2007, 01:56 PM
i am very lucky because my wife loves my shaved legs and actually i am shaved all over at all times.

i have shaved all over for many years now and one thing that I have learned is that absolutely nobody out there in public cares.

i don't go around in public in wigs and dresses, but i do wear women's clothing that i can get away with. and that includes short denim shorts. i will go out in public in short shorts and a girlie tank top and flip flips, just like a young woman would wear and i rarely get any comments.

i have gotten a rare insult from jerky guys and i have also gotten some nice compliments from GGs.

Baiken
09-10-2007, 02:40 PM
i may seem very stupid for this...

but i'm not shaving my legs etc to show them off ><' or rather...i'm too scared too...but i have before...and recently i have =3
i LOVE the feeling...but...i'd die if anyone in my family found out ><'

I can't shave my arms like i want to though...because i'm scared someone would notice ._.
*points to right arm*...well...my right arm has a dark-ish patch of hair XD where there's a freckle >.> it's more noticable...so i'm scared to shave...JUST because of that...which may be weird because my arm hair isn't very visible or noticable at all ._.;;;

well...i said i may seem stupid for it....and i probably do seem...

MsJoann
09-10-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm all shaved for years now...including legs. Some people notice and say things but most say nothing.

dakota_ann69
09-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Hmmmm......I kind of agree with Barb on this one, a little more info please? It sounds as though she suspects things are not norm at home now. Maybe you should sit down and have the "honey I like to CD talk, or the honey I want to shave my legs talk". Be open and honest with her, but please do some research and be prepared to answer any questions that she may have, and yes she will have them. Don't get into a shouting match, just let her ask and answer them the best you can. I think you can find a way to make it work for both of you.

Karren H
09-10-2007, 04:17 PM
I don't know.... Hair's not that bad.. And shavings a pain sometimes.. In the locker room at hockey last night there was everything from wolley mamouth hairy legs to so little hair you had to look twice.. Not that I did look twice.. Lol.

So what's the big stink anyway.. Whether to keep the hair we have or get rid of it seems pretty petty... "Ohhhh you don't like your hair so you must be a pervert"?? Lol.

So I'm going to shave my legs again soon just because a girl in heels with hairy legs stands out at the mall.. If it weren't for that I'd take the easy way out and not shave!! But that's just me..

And it is nice to have the option .... Most women don't have an option....

My Lady Marsea
09-10-2007, 04:49 PM
I shave (actually epilator) everything. I just went to the beauty shop Sunday (I get special days for this chore) to get my back waxed as I can't reach it. I wear shorts and of course short sleeve tops so I really love the shaved look. It wasn't until I tried a tank top last week that it dawned on me about the more open areas around arms (I epie there too) and the back. Thank gawd I thought of this before getting out of the car and hitting the mall LOL. Nobody it seems, except SOs, notice the shaving, but I feel "everyone" would notice a hairy ape if dressed at the local mall.