PDA

View Full Version : A first for me!

Missy Anne
09-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Last week Mrs. Missy and I happened into a Bon Ton store where there was a big sale going on in the shoe department. It looked like they were cleaning out old stock, with many shoes selling in the $10 range. Since Mrs. Missy was looking for a pair of shoes, and I’m always looking for shoes, we dove right in. Since the shoes were separated by size, she went her way and I went mine. I was in drab, happily minding my own business, in the 11 plus area. I picked up a really hot Nine West four-inch pump with a strap, but found it to be a ten and a half. I was holding it in my hand and looking around for a Nine West box in a larger size, when I was startled out of my pink fog by the following exchange.

There was a GG just outside my peripheral vision, and she said, “Isn’t it great that they have a sale on shoes in our size!” Holy :eek: !!! My first thought was, she’s going to be really shocked when I turn around. My second thought was, she sounded friendly, so why not?

So I said in my normal male voice, “Yeah, it really is!” and turned around expecting to see a shocked look on her face. Instead she just smiled, pointed at a brand of shoe that I was unfamiliar with, and said, “These are my favorite. They’re really comfortable.”

I looked at them with her for a minute and said, “Hey, you know, there’s a big pile of size elevens at the other end of the store.” She said, “Yeah, I know. I’ve already been there, but they are not my style.” For a moment I thought of saying, “The shoes I’m looking for probably would not be very comfortable”, but I lost my nerve. We smiled at each other again, and wandered off to finish our shopping. I later thought I should have talked with her more, but I was just so shocked at the nature of the casual conversation that I couldn’t think of what else to say.

I know many of you have had similar experiences, but this was a first for me. I went to find Mrs. Missy, to share my delight and I couldn’t wait to share my delight with you all too!

DAVIDA
09-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Well Missy, I have had several firsts such as that recently. Last week I took a wig to a shop to get it styled for SCC. Told the lady it was for me, no reaction. Later I went to a spa and salon and talked to a couple of people about my disaster on my back using a tipilitory and set up a time to wax my back. Again, no reaction. Then Friday, I do something that I have wanted to do for a long time. I went in to get a perscription pair of womens glasses! I asked the lady helping me if they got many requests like mine. She said no, but if that is what I wanted that is what they will sell me.
I think that it really doesn't matter to most people, and the older that I get, the less that I care who does!

Rosaliy Lynne
09-10-2007, 06:19 AM
Last night I went grocery shopping with my neighbor. Ok he is gay and a friend as well and he was rather flamboyantly dressed with a t-shirt bearing a huge red heart and a very olde style girly hat. I was casually dressed in pink top and brown above the knee skirt.

We were laughed at a bit by some guys also shopping there to which I gave my usual bright smile. We had a great conversation with the GG cashier who was openly friendly and supportive. She gave us both positive comments and even thought I looked sexy. Well ok!!! wwweeeeeeeee!!!!!!

All in all it was a very pleasant exchange and a booste to both of our respective egos. Too bad more people are not so accepting of differences.

Di
09-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Missy Anne what a great experience:D So dish it...how many pairs did you just have to have? :tongueout

Karren H
09-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Soo cool!!! All I get are those "Jeeeezzzzz" looks... Especially when I'm wearing a dark blue male suit and a pair of white pumps, walking around the isles to see how comphy they are!! Now that I think about maybe they are staring because the shoes clash with my outfit!! I'll have to try a dark blue pair next time!! Lol

jacky83
09-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Whenever we're out shopping at DSW and I find a cute pair of shoes, I try to try them on. My wife hits me before I have chance to though. She can hit very hard too.

:straightface:

Darla in Pa.
09-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Good for you, I always knew that somewhere in Pa. there were understanding people. Just not where I live *VBS* Darla

Angie G
09-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Thats nice it's great to meet nice people like that :hugs:
Angie

Veronica 1
09-10-2007, 07:29 PM
It is great to find supportive SA's, but remember, they are probably on commission so they do not care about you, it's all about your money. As for the others who look and judge, my basic answer would have to be, "If you don't like it, don't stare."

Missy Anne
09-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

Davida – You’re really getting out and about, and I agree with you. The older I get, the less I care what other people think, within reason of course.

Rosaliy Lynne – Wasn’t it great to have a GG call you “sexy”.

Di – Well, we didn’t buy any. The pair I was holding I would have given anything for, but they just didn’t have it in a size that I could even get my big toe in.

Karren – You’re right, I think your only problem is that you need a better color match. I can just picture you grinning impishly at someone while they have that shocked look on their face.

Jacky – I had that happen once, but I ducked just in time. I’ve been threatened that it’s ok to do it, but I had better let her in on it first.

Darla – Where do you live, and what is VBS? There has to be someone understanding there.

Angie – Meeting a nice person like that did make my day.

Ronni – The GG was not an SA, just a shopper.

All - I should have added before, that I have spent a great deal of time thinking about cute answers to someone who might say something negative under those circumstances. I never dreamed that I would have to come up with something to say to a positive comment. I’ll be working on that.

If anyone has any suggestions for what to say next time, I would like to hear them.

Best regards to all,

Missy Anne

Rosaliy Lynne
09-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

Davida – You’re really getting out and about, and I agree with you. The older I get, the less I care what other people think, within reason of course.

Rosaliy Lynne – Wasn’t it great to have a GG call you “sexy”.

Di – Well, we didn’t buy any. The pair I was holding I would have given anything for, but they just didn’t have it in a size that I could even get my big toe in.

Karren – You’re right, I think your only problem is that you need a better color match. I can just picture you grinning impishly at someone while they have that shocked look on their face.

Jacky – I had that happen once, but I ducked just in time. I’ve been threatened that it’s ok to do it, but I had better let her in on it first.

Darla – Where do you live, and what is VBS? There has to be someone understanding there.

Angie – Meeting a nice person like that did make my day.

Ronni – The GG was not an SA, just a shopper.

All - I should have added before, that I have spent a great deal of time thinking about cute answers to someone who might say something negative under those circumstances. I never dreamed that I would have to come up with something to say to a positive comment. I’ll be working on that.

If anyone has any suggestions for what to say next time, I would like to hear them.

Best regards to all,

Missy Anne

It sure was great!!!! yyyeeeeehhhaaaawwwwwww
and by the way Karen, I think you look fabulous. Your most recent pic is the best so far.

juliek
09-12-2007, 09:13 PM
I was at Payless recently and was trying on heels in the 11/12 range. I saw a cool red heel with an ankle strap size 11 but there was only one in the box. A lady in the aisle looking for 10-1/2 sizes hands me the shoe and asked if I was looking for it? I thanked her and tried it but it was too small. Needed a wide.

Then I tried on a black pump and she looks at me from over in the size 10s and had on the same pump and said, hey, looks like we have the same taste in styles. I told we her probably had the same taste in dresses too. I was en drab. She asked what kind of dresses I like to wear and we talked about clothes and tried on shoes for about 20 minutes before I found a pair and bid her fairwell.

RobertaFermina
09-12-2007, 11:21 PM
I'm happy about CDing and it shows.
Most GG's are happy and/or polite enough to smile along with me!

:rose: Roberta :rose:

angelfire
09-13-2007, 04:24 AM
Thats awesome.

I was at The Bay on the weekend (in drab), looking in the women's section, and a woman came up to me and asked me to zip up the back of her dress for her so she could see if it fits. She didn't want to go all the way to the dressing rooms, so she had just put it on over her clothes. Obviously, I helped her zip it up, and un-zip it after she saw it fit properly. Then she said "Don't get the wrong idea, I don't usually walk around asking guys to help me with my dress."

Kinda caught me off guard, so I didn't really know what to say, so I just smiled and continued looking around.