PDA

View Full Version : Some people just don't believe the truth when you tell it to them....

Karren H
09-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Like tonight... On my way to Ice hockey... I stop at Walgreens to pickup a few things.... Glamour Magazine, couple pair of thigh highs, bottle of nail polish, set of stickon nails and some razor blades... Typical for me.. And the cashier says "So you read Glamour all the time?"... Why yes I do I replied... Smiling and as she puts the rest of my items in the bag she coments "and it looks like your going home and do your nails and shave your legs".... So I said.... Well no... I'm going to play ice hockey right now.. I'll do that after the game... Wouldn't want to break a nail,, She just looks at me and giggles saying "that polish is NOT your color.".... as I head out the door...

Didn't have time to draw her a picture but I told her that they were my items and she didn't believe me... Guess she didn't want to.. Lol

Karren

SarahLynn
09-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Love it Karen!

Whatever colour it was, maybe she was right??? Funny story and i like the punch line.:heehee:

SarahLynn

susie evans
09-09-2007, 10:56 PM
karren is hocky back in full swing now
i no what you mean some times people just don't belive you no matter what you say i guess the real karren hutton will have to stop by and then we will see what she has to say :heehee:

susie

dakota_ann69
09-09-2007, 11:36 PM
karren is hocky back in full swing now
i no what you mean some times people just don't belive you no matter what you say i guess the real karren hutton will have to stop by and then we will see what she has to say :heehee:

susie

Agreed I think Karren needs to go back to the store and ask the clerk if the polish looks good on her nails...........:tongueout

Phyliss
09-10-2007, 03:06 AM
Telling people the truth has got to be the most "fun" part of all of this. I find it amazing how much people just DON'T want to believe what you say.

My GG sister (with a masters degree in psych) has told me that people will see only what they want to see, and if something doesn't fit into their preconceived thought process, then they will either ignore it or adjust what they just saw or heard to register in a way that is comfortable for them.

Darlene Rochelle
09-10-2007, 03:53 AM
I just bought the new issue of Glamour myself along with the new issue of Complete Woman,at a grocery store,and I had a nice smile from the girl at the checkout:2c:

angelfire
09-10-2007, 04:25 AM
Great story Karren, as usual.

The first person I told online I was a CDer was like "No you aren't." and I kept trying to tell him I was dead serious, but he just kept saying "No, you aren't you just don't know what you want." Topic has never come up again.

Angie G
09-10-2007, 04:26 AM
Well I believe you Karren :hugs:
Angie

Katrina
09-10-2007, 04:56 AM
What color was it?

Joy Carter
09-10-2007, 05:01 AM
I'd had asked her to show me what color she thought I'd be.:D

MJ
09-10-2007, 05:17 AM
Right you are going to play hockey "the macho thing **** then go home and shave your legs and do your nails ' the chick thing ... i think karren should go back and say hi to the SA .. get a picture lol

Tina Dixon
09-10-2007, 06:05 AM
I forgot Hockey season gets started the same time as CD season:heehee:

Suzy Harrison
09-10-2007, 06:25 AM
That's so funny !

You should go back as Karen to get her opinion on the nail colour or buy something else and see if she recognises you in any way. If she doesn't, then maybe mention your previous visit. !

MsJanessa
09-10-2007, 06:31 AM
What makes you think she didn't believe you? I bet she did.

CD Tammy
09-10-2007, 06:45 AM
I wonder what the other "boys" on the hockey team would think if they saw your panty lines?

Karren H
09-10-2007, 06:50 AM
I forgot Hockey season gets started the same time as CD season:heehee:

Yeah.... but we lost 3-6... sigh

I wonder what the other "boys" on the hockey team would think if they saw your panty lines?

Don't think they saw my panties since I have on bright red hanes low riser briefs.... but they did see my shaved body... No one cares...... As long as you can put the puck in the net!!! :D

What color was it?

Red of coarse!!!

An dang I should have pulled out my blackberry and poped up a photo of Karren.... I had one saved and up when I went to Ulta last week, just in case.... but no one cares......

Emily Ann Brown
09-10-2007, 07:32 AM
Well she was right ...wasn't your color. The score would have been 10-zip in your favor with the RIGHT color !

Emily Ann

Rosaliy Lynne
09-10-2007, 07:43 AM
Telling people the truth has got to be the most "fun" part of all of this. I find it amazing how much people just DON'T want to believe what you say.

My GG sister (with a masters degree in psych) has told me that people will see only what they want to see, and if something doesn't fit into their preconceived thought process, then they will either ignore it or adjust what they just saw or heard to register in a way that is comfortable for them.

I have long noted this very thing. People will generally see what they expect to see. If you don't fit what they expect, smile. That will disarm them. If they openly disapprove, break out laughing. It lets them know you don't give a rats ass what they think.

Works for me !!

Right you are going to play hockey "the macho thing **** then go home and shave your legs and do your nails ' the chick thing ... i think karren should go back and say hi to the SA .. get a picture lol

Go for it Karen. You really do have to go back as Karen and have a chat with her. As for the score; well you can't win them all you know. Better luck next game.

TxKimberly
09-10-2007, 07:44 AM
Like tonight... On my way to Ice hockey... I stop at Walgreens to pickup a few things.... Glamour Magazine, couple pair of thigh highs, bottle of nail polish, set of stickon nails and some razor blades... Typical for me.. And the cashier says "So you read Glamour all the time?"... Why yes I do I replied... Smiling and as she puts the rest of my items in the bag she coments "and it looks like your going home and do your nails and shave your legs".... So I said.... Well no... I'm going to play ice hockey right now.. I'll do that after the game... Wouldn't want to break a nail,, She just looks at me and giggles saying "that polish is NOT your color.".... as I head out the door...

Didn't have time to draw her a picture but I told her that they were my items and she didn't believe me... Guess she didn't want to.. Lol

Karren

I don't you believe you either! I mean, you REALLY play hockey??!!
What a Pervert! . . .

Karren H
09-10-2007, 09:05 AM
I don't believe you either! I mean, you REALLY play hockey??!!
What a Pervert! . . .

Watch it girly!! I do know how to check ya know!! Lol. And got to do something to maintain my girlish figure!! My wifes been on my case again for looking too thin..

Bit I did have a great assist last night ....... we got a 2 on 1 breaking into their zone and I've got the puck coming down the left side.. Was going to try to swing in around the net but I hear the center call my name and I look up and rip the puck accross the ice, through the defensmans legs and the center tips it in past the goalie.. Tied 1-1. Yeaaaaaa... Then it went down hill from there... Sigh.....

Karren H
09-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Well she was right ...wasn't your color. The score would have been 10-zip in your favor with the RIGHT color !

Emily Ann

The color that was wrong was our teams color. Dog Poooo Brown!!! No wonder we lost!! And my white and purple stocking didn't go with Poooo Brown.. Had a pair of Blue and Gold ones in my bag ... Talk about a fashion faux pau... Surprised I could skate at all.. :tongueout

Denielleinheels
09-10-2007, 10:34 AM
It is fun telling the truth. I love when I get things when my SO is with me. Some one will say something and she'll say "these are his, I use "whatever". They look at us in disbelief. At least Rose has a sense of humor about it with others. She will look at them and say "The pads are mine, the rest is his".

Desiree2bababe
09-10-2007, 10:37 AM
It's fun when they play with you.

Katrina
09-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Bit I did have a great assist last night ....... we got a 2 on 1 breaking into their zone and I've got the puck coming down the left side.. Was going to try to swing in around the net but I hear the center call my name and I look up and rip the puck accross the ice, through the defensmans legs and the center tips it in past the goalie.. Tied 1-1. Yeaaaaaa... Then it went down hill from there... Sigh.....

Watch it Karren, your male side is showing... ;)

monikkkka
09-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Phyliss, your GG sister is absolutely correct and is a smart cookie

Most people are just wandering aroudn in a trance...they don't notice that stuff.

Like very ffew people notice if you have hose on...because they aren't expecting it at all.

Try this...as you are wading through a crowd, instead of 'scuse me" all the time to get past them...go "scuse me, pardon me, f*** you, scuse me, pardon me" ...just randomly insert that...and 99% of people will just move out of the way or say sorry.

Also, Derren Brown (TV guy) asked people on the street for directions...he interrupted them with some guys walking through with a painting...while that happened, a guy would replace him (hes a short white guy - they replaced him with a tall black guy) continuing to ask the lady for directions...she didn't notice...

Karan
09-10-2007, 06:26 PM
I posted a message under another thread that probably beloing here. Shopped today at the Dress Barn and the SA was real nice, but even when basically told point blank, it didn't seem to register at first. She did finally understand and was great. Her one comment was "you look so athletic", I guess I did not fit the profile of what a Cd should lool like. the Dress Barn had some great cute stuff reasonably priced and the SA was real nice. I will go back.

DonnaT
09-10-2007, 06:30 PM
How do you know she didn't believe you?

She could have a CDing BF.

RobertaFermina
09-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Can't count of people getting me wherever I go.

I know that I lapse in and out of consciousness and opemmess with respect to people as I got about my life.

Damn good thing I have a circle of friends who will poke me in the ribs to wake me up when I start snoring !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Karan
09-10-2007, 06:49 PM
She eventually did and we had a great conversation. She made no mention of her boyfriend/husband, but we had a good talk about kids.

trannie T
09-10-2007, 07:26 PM
As one who is slowly emerging from the closet I fine it great fun to out myself to store clerks. I have had a few incidents while buying panties that I really enjoyed.

Incident 1, At the checkout the clerk picks up a pair of purple panties and says, "I don't think this is your color." I replied that I loked the color and couldn't wait to wear them.
Incident 2, At a JC Penney outlet the teenage clerk points at my panties and says, "I hope these aren't for you." I replied that yes they were, that I am a crossdresser and that I love to wear panties.
Incident 3. On Halloween last year, one of the very few times I went shopping en femme (totally not passing) The clerk was amazed at the guy in her line wearing a wig, sweater and skirt. She picked up the panties I was buying and asked if I was really going to wear them. I asked her what she wore under her dresses, which convinced her that it was very appropriate for me to be wearing panties.

Lovely Rita
09-11-2007, 08:50 AM
You rock girl!!! And be sure of one thing......I believe you!!!!

You are the best!!!

NovaScotia
09-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Yeah.... but we lost 3-6... sigh

Don't think they saw my panties since I have on bright red hanes low riser briefs.... but they did see my shaved body... No one cares...... As long as you can put the puck in the net!!! :D

Red of coarse!!!

An dang I should have pulled out my blackberry and poped up a photo of Karren.... I had one saved and up when I went to Ulta last week, just in case.... but no one cares......

You are my heroine! Love your stories.

Nova