PDA

View Full Version : Lovers of Pouf or rather crinolines and/or petticoats

Peggy Sue
03-23-2005, 10:45 PM
Hello Gurls!

:) :) I have a special love for the clothes girls wore in the 1950's. For example girls then wore crinolines or petticoats under their full circle or swing skirts. I have purchased a couple of crinolines from a square dance supply store along with the full swing style skirts. I just love walking about with the bouffant crinoline swinging around my nylon clad legs. Occasionally I wear a nylon full or half slip underneath to add to the glorious feeling. I finish off the image with a wig, lacy blouse over a lacy bras and lots of bright red lipstick. I'm in heaven! Do any of you gals enjoy similar experiences with the 1950's styles for girls?

Jen_TGCD
03-24-2005, 01:53 AM
I'm kind of a "retro-50s" gal!!! I wear a lot of shirtdresses with full skirts and a tiered slip, as opposed to a crinoline.

I do have one dress from the 50s that is made out of acetate, that I wear a crinoline with. I get the swish from the crinoline, the rustle from the acetate and the clicking of my heels as I walk. <swish, rustle, click-click... swish, rustle, click-click> Love it!!! Add some clunky costume jewelry and you have "The Style"!!!

Forties and fifties fashion is a lot of fun! :D

Tiffany Tuesday
03-24-2005, 09:21 AM
Hello Gurls!
Do any of you gals enjoy similar experiences with the 1950's styles for girls?

Sweet Peggy Sue,

i so agree honey, fifties finery rocks! I love all femme styles but have especially enjoyed putting together fifties frou frou outfits in my collection. The fifties look may not be practical, but is sooo totally divinely ultra feminine, no way can a girl be anything but weak and defenceless and simpering! It is all so prissy fussy girlie ... bouffant petties, panty girdle, uncomfy longline bra, loop hole seamed stockings, stilettoes with matching cute little hat, handbag and gloves, full skirted pretty 3/4 length dress not forgetting glossy lippy, lipbrush, powder compact and pearls ... and just delight in discovering why women once worked really hard to be beautiful elegant and demure ladies!

Hugz xxx

ps here is one of my outfits, sorry i am soooo undressed ... i had just burst my string of pearls at dinner / Piccie by Paula.

petticoatlisa
03-24-2005, 10:05 AM
I love this style (hence my screen name) I wasn't around back then, but still like it. i think petticoats and cirlce skirts are very sexy. So i have a few of each and 2 pairs of saddle shoes to go with them. Just one of the many looks lI like :)

Jadeanne
03-24-2005, 11:23 PM
I'm a child of the 50s and love the styles of that era. I have 3 petticoats, each a different length and color - more fun for layering under full skirts!

Tiffany - that's a great pic, even without the strand of pearls.

Jadeanne

LindaLeeColby
03-25-2005, 03:27 AM
I go back that far and forward because of it. Love crinolines, petticoats and slips that go bump in the night. Started wearing country western dresses because of the slips. Someone, asking me why I wore dresses was told that it was to hide the petticoats. Hello!

I've told people it's an aerobics thing. I mean it really is! When I wear full skirts with petticoats all I want to do is swish, twist, circle, turn and do it all over again, again, again, and again.

Ye Ha!
Linda Lee

Lucy Jayne GG
03-25-2005, 04:30 AM
Im GG so this thread may not apply to me,but I have always had a passion for rockabilly fashion!
Especially a nice poodle skirt with a big crinoline under,and a cute halter top...
I actually came about this site through another one,while I was looking for Pettipants...

But I defiantely love fifties clothing,especially the old fashioned Pin up/movie star style lingerie.(Bullet bras,to me,are the most improtant invention of the 20th century).

Kisses Lucy J

ToniB
03-25-2005, 02:26 PM
Lucy J
A warm welcome to this site! I don't know about the others, but I really appreciate the input of GGs here. I'm not only trying to understand myself, but also the attitude of my wife who is hostile to CDing, so that I can lay her fears to rest. Any input from GGs halps to understand her a little more. Thanks to all GGs for that.

Tiffany,
Fabulous dress and petticoat. I'm normally a tight skirt lover (wearing and viewing), the tighter the better! But your pic hit another spot for me, and it wasn't because I could see your 22" waist, because it's not visible in that shot (more's the pity, post another one where we can see!). Your muscle tone betrays your male roots too, but I like that. One of the most sexy images of 2004 for me was Kelly Holmes crossing the finish line first in the 800m at the Olympics, with 6-pack, muscly arms high in the air and a huge smile on her face (Mmmmmmm...). I don't like the female body builders figures, but a well toned one is really attractive to me; "stick insect" models leave me cold. Anyone else feel the same?

ToniB

Maid-Michael
03-26-2005, 02:28 AM
the only time I wear a petty-coat is when I'm in my maids outfit to do the house work. Its a puffed out one that looks great with my seamed stockings

:)

Tonia
03-26-2005, 03:54 AM
I so love that look the cloths were so Femmine and very short dress that look is gorgous....:)

sissy stacy
03-26-2005, 07:53 AM
(curtsey)

Petticoats, ruffled panties and bullet bras make me feel so-o-o-o-o-o-o feminine. Puffy sleeves, ruffles (especially on my panties) lace and frou-frou are the best. When i dress, this is what i usually wear.

Delighted to know that there are some other frou-frou phreaks and retro-girls here.

i must agree with Lucy on the bullet bras. Those are my favourite kind of bra.

(curtsey)

-sissy stacy

petticoat07
07-16-2005, 12:21 PM
HI girls, yes I have to admit, my overwhelming passion is for petticoats and full dresses and skirts hence my screen name. I have been sexually aroused by this fem of fem clothing since I was 11 years old. Nothing gets me going more than to see a female showing her slip or petticoat, I can even get excited by a CD in petticoats too.
Cathy