PDA

View Full Version : depressing

OC-crossdresser
09-10-2007, 01:11 PM
my hair is slighly past my sholder...and do to feeling like i can't fit in and lots more i am going to chop it short...i am online looking for guys hair style's (so lil to work with) and i see girls hair styles and i relize my hair is that long..i can do that! ....gurrr it makes me kinda sad..i mean its just hair...why am i so depressed about it!

Shelly Preston
09-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Sometimes we focus on one aspect of our appearence which we dont like

It maybe that we dont see it the same way others do

Don't do anything drastic until to you find something you like

Remember your hair is only one part of you :)

RebeccaLynne
09-10-2007, 01:39 PM
for guys to have long hair. What makes you think otherwise? Sure, it'll grow back if you cut it, but that takes awhile. Cut mine about two and a half years ago to get a job, got hired, and have let it grow since. Past my shoulders now, tied back in a ponytail if I choose, and loose and slightly side-parted for dressing purposes. So glad to have the choice, and not worry about wearing a wig. Don't do anything hasty you might wind up regretting.

Mary Morgan
09-10-2007, 01:43 PM
It may be symbolic or it may that you really just enjoy your long hair. I had a ponytail in my 50s and would now if it would grow. Be good to yourself.

MJ
09-10-2007, 01:53 PM
so what get a girls hair style .. in this day and age who care's i will never get my hair cut short again ... so just do it

Veronica Fallon
09-10-2007, 02:01 PM
I've worn my hair long (as a boy) for about 30 years. I've worked high-dollar sales jobs & had my own businesses, with no problems or disadvantages whatsoever because of my long locks. I'd never consider cutting mine unless, for some unimaginable reason I wanted it that way. I feel I'm very blessed to not have to wear a wig, & think I look much more natural as a woman with my own hair. Anyone tries to make me cut it & they're gonna see my male-side rise up with a vengeance!!! :Punch::bigsmack::beatup::kickbutt::Punch:

[can ya tell I feel strongly about this??:heehee:]

If you do end up cutting it, please don't even tell me about it- my follicles are scared enough from this post alone!! :nailbiting::worried:
Seriously, I hope ya think about it some more...

Wiggin' Out,

Veronica

Daintre
09-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Oh my gosh, what I would give to have the hair back that I had in my early 20s, very thick, long and healthy. Today, not so much, I keep what is left about 1/4" long.

My advice is to take your time and be certain what you want, wigs can be very hot and oppressing, natural hair is by far the best way to go.

Karren H
09-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Not many hair styles out there that are truely unisex... Page boy... Or an inverted bob are cute but very fem.. Or how about a mullet!! Lol. NahhH. A short flip could work especially if you spike it up with a little hair gel in fem mode.... Otherwise just keep it long... Don't see rock stars or even country western stars worrying about the length of their hair....

I had long hair in college and frankly it was a pain in the ass to maintain.. So now a days I keep mine short and rely on a number of wigs.. That way I can change my look in a second and am not stuck with the same boring style for ever...

Fab Karen
09-10-2007, 08:21 PM
You've spent too much time behind the Orange Curtain. It's the 21st. century, wear what length hair you enjoy.

SandyR
09-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Keep the hair hun, at least for now. Mine was long until it started thining a bit to much........heheh

Hugs.

SandyR

jackie_p
09-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Whenever I want to do something extreme, I always sleep on
it a few dats and then if I still want to do it, I jump in. As for
the hair, I personally would love to have long hair. Keep it if
you can.

OC-crossdresser
09-10-2007, 11:16 PM
i use to have hair to my butt! i cut it for 250 bux 2 years ago and now its holder lenth so it grows fast .... so idk..ill sleep on it tho

Samantha B L
09-11-2007, 08:25 AM
Hi OC, I guess you've got a lot of choices as to how to wear your hair. Shoulder length hair is a great deal of work to maintain and most places won't hire you if you've got shoulder length or longer hair. But you know, I think that some people want everybody to think that it's years out of style. which may be 20% true but I think the country is teeming with high school and college age people who can and do grow their hair real long if they think they can get away with it. People talk about everything that's happened after about 1979 like it's all sort of "post sixties" but that timeless struggle between the Spiro Agnews and The Cheech Marins still smoulders under the surface from time to time. I'm a CD so ordinary "long hair and a beard" didn't seem like much fun to me. I had shoulder lenghth hair for a long time and I had a lot of fun styling it in updos,bobs and flips. So there's that. It got to be a lot of trouble to maintain and I cut it after about 3 years. But if you cut that long hair the styles you can get into are very exciting. I did sort of an "Aerosmith and The Cars" job for years. So if you want to keep it,Great. But those styled haircuts don't have to be ordinary and plain.Hugs,Samantha

Denielleinheels
09-11-2007, 09:07 AM
I would never cut mine. It is as much me as any other part of me. Don't cut it. Find someone who can work with it.

Stephenie S
09-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Having to wear a wig is such a bother, especially on hot humid days. I would say if you got long hair, keep it. Ther are plenty of ways to wear long hair in guy mode. The simplest being a pony tail.

Think long and hard about cutting your hair. You may do something you will regret for a long time.

Lovies,
Stephenie