PDA

View Full Version : Evening in Chicago

Denise Anne
09-10-2007, 05:05 PM
I have been chatting with another Cd friend who lives in Chicago for quite a while now. Well, the occasion finally came that I had to go to Chicago for personal business. We discuss it and decided that it was finally time for us to meet face to face. We thought we would first meet in guy mode for lunch and see how things went from there. Well we hit it off just great and had the best lunch chatting and visiting. She is a car collector and showed me her beautiful cars she has restored and takes to car shows. It was like we were old friends from the start. We then decided that since we have come this far that we might as well go all the way and meet as our better halfs. We made plans to meet again after we both changed into femme mode. I went back to my Hotel and changed for the big event.

Later that afternoon, after she changed too, Elsia came by my Hotel to pick me up to begin our big adventure. I have been looking for a new wig and she had located a nearby wig shop that was Cd friendly so we were off.....So I thought. I could not open the door to my room to let us out into the world. Everytime I tried to reach for the door knob my hand froze and I couldn't do it. Elsia was the best and so positive. She tired to get me to relax and did not push me one bit. I knew I had to do it on my own and she was so patient with me.

I finally took a HUGE deep breath and turned the knob and door was open and we were finally on our way.........into the hallway. I suddenly realized that we had to pass by the front desk and there were several people there. I almost froze once again but I heard her behind me giving me encouragement. We made it somehow into the parking lot and into her car. Sanctuary!!

We headed for the wig shop and went in. The lady who owns the shop was just fabulous to us. She showed me several nice wigs and the "Wig Gods" bestowed on me the perfect style. I was knocked over at how good I looked and felt. I swiftly laid out my credit card and it was mine. She showed me different ways to style and wear it for different and unique looks. It was so much fun!

After this we headed to my favorite store in the world..."Pay-Less Shoes". After all, what would a day of shopping be like without a stop to cruise through the shoe store for heels. I found the very cute pair of heels and so did Elsia. We gathered up our teasures and were off the next high adventure.

We headed out to find the club "Temptations". After attemting to follow our copy of useless directions from Map-Quest we finally threw the map out of the window and Elsia used her inner compass and we found it. We went in to start our night of chatting and refreshment. The crowd was light for a Thursday evening, but none the less we enjoyed ourselves completely. The atmosphere was very nice and the music wasn't so loud that we had yell at each other to be heard. We had the best evening ever and even managed to remember our cameras and snapped off a few shots.

Elsia was the epitome of the most gracious host. She was so understanding of me and helped me through my nervousness. She fairyed us around the city and never once pushed me to go where I wasn't comfortable and relaxed. She even ventured into new territory herself by having to use the Ladies room at the club. I was so pround of her too. I held it until I was back at my Hotel and safe. I just want to Thank her from the bottom of my heart for standing by me and lending a helping hand when I really needed it.

So sorry for the long post here. I just had to share this high adventure with all of my friends here. I knew a lot of you can and would understand this and relate to it also.

Denise Anne

DonnaT
09-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Cool. Good to hear you had the support you needed.

TxKimberly
09-10-2007, 07:22 PM
Awsome! I'm glad you had the courage to walk out the door. Those first steps out are the hardest - it gets easier I promise!
By the way, when in Chicago Land Temptations is my favorite place to hang out too!

:-)

Darla in Pa.
09-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Your A luck lady for sure! Thanks for sharing your night with us I know that i will need a lot of support if or when I venture out. so thanks again for sharing . Darla

Veronica 1
09-10-2007, 07:58 PM
That is great, I am so glad that you had a good time with a supportive friend. I imagine that you will find a lot more business to do in Chicago now. :heehee:

AmberTG
09-10-2007, 11:49 PM
Hi Denise! I'm glad you had a good time, it sounds like you had a lot of fun! One of these days, I'm going to have to walk out that door also, I can only hope I have the same courage you showed. Courage is not the lack of fear, courage is overcoming very real fear and doing it anyway!
You did good!:D

occdresser
09-13-2007, 06:56 PM
hey Denise, it sounds like you had a grand time, something I would love to do, oh yeah I am hoping to get dressed for halloween:happy:

Karencd37
09-13-2007, 07:22 PM
Hi Denise Anne.

How wonderful for you...So glad you had a great time in Chicago. As you know, I've been to Temptations once also...My first and only time out as Karen. I'd so love to have another opportunity to do so again. I wish I had been with you and your friend Elsia. I'm so happy you had a great time.

Take care, Hugs.

Karen

Denise Anne
09-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind words of encourgement. I had the best time ever and yes I will be looking for every opportunity now to go back down to Chicago again. Maybe next time I might be lucky enough to run into some of you while there. That would be so exciting. The more friends the merrier!!

Kimberly,
I have followed and throughly enjoyed all of your stories and travels also. You are one of my inspirations and that helped me open that door too. Thanks!

Elsia
09-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Hi Denise,

I had the greatest time of my life. You made it easy for me to help you. We certainly need to meet again. The next time we both should be more relaxed. Will plan an even better day and night out.

Hugs

Elsia

Suzy Harrison
09-13-2007, 10:36 PM
I know how you feel. It's so scary at first and then when you get back to your room you can't wait to get out again.
I hope this will be the first day of many for you and I'm sure it will be :hugs:

vikki2020
09-13-2007, 10:54 PM
Hi Denice,Im glad you had such a fun time here in Chicago!It's really a great town.Don't be a stranger.I'm planning on going out next week, if the planets line up just right.Can't wait.

Noel Chimes
09-14-2007, 06:27 AM
Denice. Congrats on your night out in Chicago. Sounds like your time there was out of this world. Vikki2000, if you can hold on going out in Chicago until the 28th of September, I'm planning to be up that way. Been planning this for a long time and would love to do Chicago right. Elsia, do you think we could make it an all girlz night out? I have never been out with other girlz from start to finish and would love to give it a go. Comments please.