PDA

View Full Version : Is majority of Cders balding?

Alice Torn
09-11-2007, 01:58 AM
Hi . Just wondering. I have a feeling, that quite a large percentage of you out there, just might be bald, or balding, underneath those wigs. I am thinning, to be honest. I haven't been on here lately, due to a number of difficulties, basic living issues, some too heavy to mention. I remenber there was a sexy bald lady, in an early Star Trek Movie! Bald looks better on guys, though. Maybe one reason, we like to look great in gals wigs, is because of our own lack of hair.Just putting this out there.

ArleneRaquel
09-11-2007, 02:05 AM
Under my gorgeous Red Raquel Wig my hair is thinning, but no where near bald. About 90% still there. With my Raquel Wig, Lipstick,I am one red hot Momma. :heehee: :love: &:hugs: Maureen Welch - A Girl with a Big Ego

kay_jessica
09-11-2007, 02:08 AM
Nope, I'm about ready to release my own hair from its restricted life under my wig. I went out for the first time without my wig and all was well. Its now down to my collar and well down over my ears. Any receding hairline stopped and if anything is less so.

Hugs

Kay

Alice Torn
09-11-2007, 03:04 AM
I could be wrong. Maybe the balding rate, is the same as the general population.

RobertaFermina
09-11-2007, 03:35 AM
Persis Khambatta

Gorgeous, bald or not.

I have "dressed" bald once....sorta works for me.

Thank heavens my head is more or less symmetrical and not pointy.....

Oh, yes...patch balding from crown to forehead!

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Val702
09-11-2007, 03:38 AM
I don't even know. I went out with some other Crossdressers and they all had thier wigs on or maybe some had thier hair styled? I got me some hair. I figure when it grows out enough, I will put together a reversable hairdo.

Joanne f
09-11-2007, 03:54 AM
Ok i am :tongueout O you don`t know how much i envy the one`s that can grow their hair long as i hate wigs.

joanne

BarbaraTalbot
09-11-2007, 04:29 AM
...as a proverbial cue ball. My entire life , I never grew my hair over a couple of inches long. Fought my natural curl to its final death knell. Was thrilled as i started to recede at the temples because that was the worst part of the curl. Had maybe 10 years of Good Hair Days from mid twenties til mid 30's. Started thinning on top, did not want to even remotely look like a comb-over so I shaved it all off for the last 3 years or so.

Oh, also Dee (a real fan of Jean-Luc Piccard) thinks bald men are incredibly sexy. Her Mom seems to feel the same way and has stated that some of the most virile, vigorous and potent men she has known were bald. Dee speculated that since there seems to be a link to Testosterone levels and Male pattern baldness, that perhaps it is natures signal of potency. I have done nothing to disabuse her of that notion. ~Well, other than wanting to wear a dress that is!:tongueout

In T-girl mode, I wonder though if my levels of "T" could use some reduction. On a more serious note, I had a thought. (new thread maybe?) about hormone levels as men age and the later in life resurgence of the urge to dress. I have seen many stories of it hitting at 40ish. I seem to remember reading that T levels drop about then. Dunno if that is true, or obviously then next leap being valid. Dee thinks that it is the bodies way of compensating for high T-levels. Maybe the yang is fed too well the yin needs to dress. Conversely, in those with low levels of T the yin feels free to express herself? Not sure that follows logically but fun to think about.

RachelDenise
09-11-2007, 04:48 AM
Over 40 and good head of hair. Unfortunately it is graying!

insearchofme
09-11-2007, 04:54 AM
Bald, easy to get ready in the morning. However I love wearing a wig and having hair.

Kate Simmons
09-11-2007, 05:31 AM
The more I dress, the more I see less of a difference. I've had many women tell me they think bald guys are sexy while many of us bald guys tend to think it ain't. This is one conundrum that seems to be imponderable. Beauty truely is in the eye of the beholder I guess.:heehee:

mellisa's wife
09-11-2007, 06:04 AM
Salandra,

I happen to be one of those women who LOVE bald guys.... one in particular at the moment! :heehee:

It's always been this way.... why? I have no idea. Have caught alot of flack from other women when this subject comes up. I reallly love my husband' s bald head and beard.

:happy: Been told though, that I am a little strange!!! :tongueout

Tina Dixon
09-11-2007, 06:07 AM
Well under my red hair piece:heehee:, yes it's going away:(

Karren H
09-11-2007, 06:58 AM
Nope... Full head of greying hair......

Carol Elizabeth
09-11-2007, 07:03 AM
Does the term "Chrome dome" mean anything to anyone?

Thank goodness I wear a hair piece or I'd blind you with the shine! :heehee:

CE

erickka
09-11-2007, 07:12 AM
God only created a few perfect heads. The rest He covered with HAIR!
Yep, I'm thin on top. Love my Paula Young wigs!

DonnaT
09-11-2007, 07:15 AM
52 and a thick head of hair. Although it started turning grey when I was 18.

I have to have a thyroidectomy next month, and an affect may be hair loss on head and body. Some say it will grow back once the hormones balance out. I could live with the body hair loss, however.

Bonnie D
09-11-2007, 07:17 AM
Thinning and just beginning to bald on the crown. I have always liked long hair and grew it past my shoulders when I was in my 20s. The only reason I cut it was to get married. My wife's family would never have accepted me if I hadn't, very strict Italian family. I accepted it because I knew my life was going to change along with my responsibilities so I might as well look like the majority. I have always missed my long hair though. I have a shoulder length wig that I really like and the good thing about it is its feminine style. I don't like having to wear a wig but even if I grew my hair and coloured it I wouldn't be able to style it the way I want since I don't dress 24/7, it wouldn't look right in male mode.

Bonnie

Emily Ann Brown
09-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Still have 110% of the hair I had as a teen....have thought of growing my own "wig" since my hair is thick and naturally wavy. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Emily Ann

Denielleinheels
09-11-2007, 08:14 AM
When I dress it is my hair. I guess I keep it long so I feel more fem on a daily basis with or without heels so to speak. Let me also say, my father was bald at 19 y/o. At 45 I feel blessed to have my hair. AS far as the grey goes... yes I do dye it my pre greying color.

Patty
I have the easy hair do - bald - all natural

MsEva
Nope... Full head of greying hair......

:eek: Me too! And it grows like crazy! Now if I could do something with the color...hee:heehee:

kassandra richard
09-11-2007, 08:28 AM
If my wife would be okay with it, I'd have grown mine out long already just because I liked having a pony tail. Instead my full head of hair is cropped short. Like Karren, MsEva and others, it is greying.

Kassandra

SANDRA MICHELLE
09-11-2007, 09:35 AM
Not this girl, I have a full head of hair, thick and very little grey even though I am 51. It's good gene pool since my dad still has great hair and is 78, although he went grey at about 65. I would grow mine long if my wife would approve but since I have always been fairly conservative the long hair and earings will have to remain "props".

Stephenie S
09-11-2007, 09:38 AM
Dear Lucille,

Nice to have you back, hon. I hope your problems will all work out. Many times they do.

I had a really thin area right on the top of my head. I am taking medication which is supposed to interfere with MPB (male patern baldness). My hairdresser says she can see a definate improvement. Co-workers have said I don't look bald at all. I don't know if they are just being polite. From the front I look fine (except fot the gray hair) but I am still self concious about the thinning hair on the top of my head. That said, I refuse to wear a wig. Hot, uncomfortable, dangerous in a wind, much too perfect, . . . . .ick!

Lovies,
Stephenie

Rachell
09-11-2007, 09:48 AM
Does the term "Chrome dome" mean anything to anyone?

Thank goodness I wear a hair piece or I'd blind you with the shine! :heehee:

CE

When I was about 8 I had a had a shaved hair cut for the summer and that was my nick name for years after. Now it is just mostly bald head is natural and I love it. I don't have a wig YET but will soon. CHROME DOME for ever now.
R>

AmandaM
09-11-2007, 10:46 AM
Full head of thick hair. I think it's the American Indian blood.

Deborah Jane
09-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Cropped greying hair!! I like wigs because i can have different colours and styles!!!

Joanne f
09-11-2007, 10:56 AM
There is a saying that go`s ,
God made a few perfect men in this world
the rest he gave hair to :D

KarenSusan
09-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Getting thinner all the time. Another 10 years and it should all be gone.

Darla in Pa.
09-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Full head of hair, and I have worn a hat forever everyone always told me I would go bald because of it. That sure wasn't true *S*

Trish
09-11-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm 59, and have a full head of hair, that can be styled when necessary.

Alice Torn
09-11-2007, 01:44 PM
I am thinning on top a lot, BUT, I am growing more dark hair, all over my chest, arms, belly, thighs, butt, legs. But, my ankles are bare, due to sock rub. It seems like a practical joke, on men, especially crossdressers, that as we age, so many lose the hair on our heads, but, the body hair, is having a heyday, like it has the fountain of youth! If I don't shave it, my body hair is like a baboon, in a month! The why's of life, a cosmic practical joke on men.

ElaineB
09-11-2007, 01:44 PM
No balding or thinning here! I do have some white hairs sprouting, however, and they've been there since I was in my twenties. :(

I just looked at a picture of myself when I was around 5 years old and had my hair as short as today -- same hairline now and then! That is encouraging.

trannie T
09-11-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm not bald. It is a solar panel for a love machine.

RebeccaLynne
09-11-2007, 01:52 PM
At 53, absolutely love my hair. Not thinning, still thick and luxurious, albeit greying. Funny thing is, still looks (mostly) brown to me, although when I asked my daughters what color it was, they both said grey, as did my GF, (she's a dyed blonde), so I guess they're right, and I'm deluding myself!

Shadeauxmarie
09-11-2007, 03:02 PM
I just had my 30 year high school reunion. I grew my hair out for 9 months to aggravate the less fortunate. It's thick, wavy and just a few strands of gray.

What I did not consider, was:

1) How difficult it is to care for.
2) How do I get it cut to achieve a more femme look?
3) Would dying it really help in the looking younger part?

They say the hormones for growing hair is in your genes, but most guys need it in their hat.

jennCD
09-11-2007, 03:25 PM
... always had long hair, so works well for my femme side too!

ColleenCD
09-11-2007, 03:47 PM
My work requires my hair to kept short, but like Karren and MsEva, mine is very full and thick, showing signs of graying on the sides. I wish I could grow it out to match Colleen's identity, maybe someday?

Colleen

Darlene-VA
09-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Thick and still all there just turning grey

carnut62
09-11-2007, 05:05 PM
I have a full head of hair to my shoulders. I dried it throughly this morning before straightning it and there really is a _Lot_ of hair up there. I am going grey and by growing it long somehow I have managed to cover the grey up, it all seems to grow around the temples and below so I think it makes me look younger.

As for a femm haircut it seems to have created one on its own, the top is a different length than the bottom, I just have it maintained so you can see my face, bangs come to just below my ears and the front goes down from there to my shoulders.

Does anybody get their grey colored? Can they color just the grey?

Tabitha

DonnaT
09-11-2007, 05:40 PM
At 53, absolutely love my hair. Not thinning, still thick and luxurious, albeit greying. Funny thing is, still looks (mostly) brown to me, although when I asked my daughters what color it was, they both said grey, as did my GF, (she's a dyed blonde), so I guess they're right, and I'm deluding myself!

Yea, mine doesn't look grey to me, and instead looks like a lighter brown with highlights. However, when it lands on the sheet the barber put on me, I can clearly see it's grey.

Veronica 1
09-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Bald on top and hair on the sides, if I was a punk rocker, I could have a double mohawk.

Jillm
09-11-2007, 07:24 PM
40 here, well just a bit over. Full head of hair.

Zee
09-11-2007, 09:24 PM
from about 16 to 25 I had hair down to my butt. When I got married, I shaved my head and had kept it shaved. Recently, I started to let it grow back, but then a 3 week heat wave hit here, so off it went again. I am thinking I'll let it grow in again, get it to a manageable level too (I hate it when it starts to grow, but I need patience).

So no, not balding, tho I wish the rest of my body would ;)

Mary Jane
09-12-2007, 07:33 AM
I must admit that my forehead is quite a bit higher now. LOL I have more face and less hair to wash. LOL

Dee Talbot
09-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Definately a bald lover here!!!! I LOVE men with thinning hair, but it has to be kept cropped short on the sides to avoid the "Bozo the Clown" look. And when Barb finally quit the fight and took it all of with the razor...ooooohhh!!!!

Isn't it interesting that some of the things we don't like on ourselves, can be incredibly attractive to the opposite gender? Some women fight curves all the time and tend to dress "sensibly" as they get older, while many men say curves are sexy and want to see them displayed in all their glory.

These same men will fight the retreating hairline with plugs, hairpieces and combovers, while many women are saying.....show me a little scalp Baby!!! :D

Dee

Peggy55
09-12-2007, 12:11 PM
The majority of this head is!

susie evans
09-12-2007, 10:42 PM
i have been bald most of my life :hugs:

susie

LilSissyStevie
09-12-2007, 11:05 PM
I still have every hair I had when I was a teenager. Unfortunately, over the years gravity has moved half of them down to my back and chest.

prettieboy
09-18-2007, 12:09 AM
Hi . Just wondering. I have a feeling, that quite a large percentage of you out there, just might be bald, or balding, underneath those wigs. I am thinning, to be honest. I haven't been on here lately, due to a number of difficulties, basic living issues, some too heavy to mention. I remenber there was a sexy bald lady, in an early Star Trek Movie! Bald looks better on guys, though. Maybe one reason, we like to look great in gals wigs, is because of our own lack of hair.Just putting this out there.
no not at all,i have more hair on my head then, raquel welch ,in her prime i combe it like girls do some times pig tail aka mary ann only i know this so ive been wearing hats (ball)

Suzie Green
09-18-2007, 07:47 AM
Yep, add me to the list! But I always said, why cultivate it on your head when it already grows wild on your butt! :lol2:

Dena
09-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Mid 40's, and my receding hairline has reached the top of my
head.

Any L. M. Boyd fans here? One of his columns stated that 25%
of 25, 50% of 50, and 75% of 75 year old men were balding.

StayceeCD
09-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Definitely not! I'm 44 and although I don't have as much hair as I did at 18, I could probably get away en femme with my own shoulder length hair! I prefer wigs though to complete the true female transformation!

Jennaie
09-19-2007, 11:28 PM
Not relevant as far as I am concerned. Why, you ask? I was not balding when I started dressing at a pre-teen age.

ErikaLeigh
09-20-2007, 01:39 AM
<<<<<<< Its all Mine and no gray. Hope it stays that way!!!

loki_uk
09-20-2007, 02:32 PM
My hairline has stopped receding, but then I'm hitting 40 and my testostarone seems to have vanished instead (thanks to a freak of nature)...I think the two could be linked ;)

Shame I've still got body hair though, but you can't have it all

AmandaM
09-20-2007, 08:18 PM
OK, don't get the vapors when I say these two words...Telly Savalas!

:heehee:

Definately a bald lover here!!!! I LOVE men with thinning hair, but it has to be kept cropped short on the sides to avoid the "Bozo the Clown" look. And when Barb finally quit the fight and took it all of with the razor...ooooohhh!!!!

Isn't it interesting that some of the things we don't like on ourselves, can be incredibly attractive to the opposite gender? Some women fight curves all the time and tend to dress "sensibly" as they get older, while many men say curves are sexy and want to see them displayed in all their glory.

These same men will fight the retreating hairline with plugs, hairpieces and combovers, while many women are saying.....show me a little scalp Baby!!! :D

Dee

Alice B
09-20-2007, 10:37 PM
My hair is thick, but light colored relative to my age. But also thinning a bit relative to my age. I always wear a hair net under my wig, so it does not ride up and expose my real hair.