PDA

View Full Version : I put down a bigot!!!

Deborah Jane
09-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Hi everyone!! While out collecting a car today [I work in a garage], i decided to buy a newspaper on the way back. As i walked into the newsagents i noticed one of "us" leaving! I picked up my paper and walked to the counter, the s/o was a middle aged guy. As i got to him he said "bl**dy weirdo", i looked and said "who?". He replied "that bloke, dressed as a woman, he walked out as you came in". [It,s worth mentioning here i was dressed in normal work drab--jeans and t,shirt, also i have muscular,tattood arms and cropped hair] I said "whats up with it?, i often dress like that, lots of blokes do, whats the problem?, it don,t mean he,s gay [no offence meant] he,s probably happily married!" He just looked at me with his jaw around his ankles, then said "it,s not right". I replied "why not?"!! No answer, so i left without my paper knowing another stereotype has just been destroyed in the mind of another bigotted tw*t!!

nikki_t
09-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Hi everyone!! While out collecting a car today [I work in a garage], i decided to buy a newspaper on the way back. As i walked into the newsagents i noticed one of "us" leaving! I picked up my paper and walked to the counter, the s/o was a middle aged guy. As i got to him he said "bl**dy weirdo", i looked and said "who?". He replied "that bloke, dressed as a woman, he walked out as you came in". [It,s worth mentioning here i was dressed in normal work drab--jeans and t,shirt, also i have muscular,tattood arms and cropped hair] I said "whats up with it?, i often dress like that, lots of blokes do, whats the problem?, it don,t mean he,s gay [no offence meant] he,s probably happily married!" He just looked at me with his jaw around his ankles, then said "it,s not right". I replied "why not?"!! No answer, so i left without my paper knowing another stereotype has just been destroyed in the mind of another bigotted tw*t!!

People are so quick to judge others... yet they hate being judged themselves.

Sasha Anne Meadows
09-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Good for you dear. If more of us did that maybe the public will start getting it about us.

Sasha Anne

Veronica Fallon
09-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Good job Deborah Jane, you're my hero!!! :notworthy:

I've shown my distaste for racist, sexist, homophobic, & T-girl jokes in the past, but have never (yet) confronted someone so blatantly.
I think it'd be great if someone wrote a book: "The T-girls Book Of Drab-Folks Jokes"!! Maybe that would help put things into perspective for a few ignoranuses out there. :idontknow:

Q: How many "drabs" does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: None, they like being in the dark! :silly:

Gigglish Hugz,

Veronica

Deborah Jane
09-11-2007, 11:19 AM
Good job Deborah Jane, you're my hero!!! :notworthy:

I've shown my distaste for racist, sexist, homophobic, & T-girl jokes in the past, but have never (yet) confronted someone so blatantly.
I think it'd be great if someone wrote a book: "The T-girls Book Of Drab-Folks Jokes"!! Maybe that would help put things into perspective for a few ignoranuses out there. :idontknow:

Q: How many "drabs" does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: None, they like being in the dark! :silly:

Gigglish Hugz,

Veronica

I,ve always believed in "live and let live"!! This is the 1st time i,ve ever put anyone like that down!!! But hell i enjoyed it:tongueout

Emma England
09-11-2007, 11:28 AM
I have never met anyone who can answer the question of "why not?".

Darla in Pa.
09-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Good for you, Cheers!!

Cara Allen
09-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Deborah Jane,
YOU 'DA MAN!!!!

Sincerely, just what he needed.

Linda-x
09-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Way to go, Deborah ! Really brave of you to also tell him that you dressed ! I was proud of you as I read about it !

Linda C
09-11-2007, 12:43 PM
That guy was probably a child molester - it seams that the people who react the strongest aways have something to hide - like that jerk reverend in Colorado. :2c:

Deborah Jane
09-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Way to go, Deborah ! Really brave of you to also tell him that you dressed ! I was proud of you as I read about it !

I wouldn,t have told him before joining this forum, i think everyone here has made me proud to be who i am!!:hugs:

Hermione Simpson
09-11-2007, 01:03 PM
good for you deborah because i hate people like that and i expect i would of done the same as you if i was in that situation, so when you're in the (ark) angel, i'll get you a drink

BarbaraTalbot
09-11-2007, 01:24 PM
I wouldn,t have told him before joining this forum, i think everyone here has made me proud to be who i am!!:hugs:

Great story...

There really is strength in knowing not only are we not alone but that we have such truly remarkably company in dressing the way we do.

trannie T
09-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Deborah Jane you're great!

If we are to expect to gain any acceptance from others we must be willing to attack bigotry. Deborah Jane showed courage in standing up to the news agent, the rest of us should be willing to show the same courage.

Denielleinheels
09-11-2007, 02:06 PM
nicely done.

Darlene-VA
09-11-2007, 04:22 PM
There are so many jerks in this world, glad that you knocked this one down a few notches, Well done indeed

racquel
09-11-2007, 05:15 PM
You make me proud to belong to this forum sweetie,
well done.:cheer:

Deborah Jane
09-11-2007, 05:22 PM
I,m tempted to go back in there dressed, just to see if he says anything to me!!!:devil:

Amanda Shaft
09-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Wow! You go girl! In the end it's the only way 'we' are going to move forward: confront the idiots! Well done.
Amanda
PS: pm me need advice on a car I want to buy!

Lovely Rita
09-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Awsome Deborah, you are good tuff. I really respect you for it.

az_azeel
09-11-2007, 06:08 PM
I,m tempted to go back in there dressed, just to see if he says anything to me!!!:devil:

You go gurl... why not... i bet he wouldn't bat an eyelid.... not now anyway.. :heehee: well done on that one... :hugs:

angelfire
09-11-2007, 07:27 PM
I have never met anyone who can answer the question of "why not?".

Best. Answer. Ever. I use it all the time when someone asks "Why?"

And Deborah, that was a great thing you did. You done us proud. :hugs:

Personally, I don't mind offensive jokes. Racist, sexist, or otherwise. But thats what they are. Jokes. As long as they are meant in good fun, and not to offend the person, I see no harm. I joke about myself all the time. Being able to take a joke shows you don't care what others think, as opposed to getting all uppity.

SandyR
09-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Good for you Deborah! My heels are off to you!

Hugs!

SAndyR

Angie G
09-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Good for you saying something Deborah he shoud he should have got a slap :hugs:
Angie

TxKimberly
09-11-2007, 08:05 PM

Awesome - thanks for sticking your neck out and sticking up for all of us!
What you just did takes a lot more courage then anything I've ever done.

Suzy Harrison
09-11-2007, 08:11 PM
As they say here ....... " Good on ya! "

I'd love to have seen his face ...

Karren H
09-11-2007, 10:27 PM
LOL I just got through watching "The shooter" and when i read your title i thought you shot and killed him!! hehe

skirt_guy
09-12-2007, 12:07 AM
Did he have long hair, pierced ears or any other piercings or stereotypical female things?

vivianann
09-12-2007, 01:00 AM
Thank you Deborah, You have given us reason to stick up for those of us in the crossdressing community, I know I will if the occasion ever come before me.

Fab Karen
09-12-2007, 04:15 AM
Did you inject him witha needle like they do at the dog pound?:devil:

RachelDenise
09-12-2007, 04:50 AM
Strong work! I love your courage and principles.

Suzie S.
09-12-2007, 05:06 AM
You handled that well Deborah! Good for you, and shame on the clerk! Cheers! :drink:

maryjanecapri
09-12-2007, 06:42 AM
bravo! i mean brava. :D

i love hearing stories about anonymous good deeds.

Patty
09-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Love your response :love:

prabha
09-12-2007, 08:21 AM
Good job Deborah :heehee:

KimberlyS
09-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Deborah great job. :hugs: :D :cheer::cheer::cheer: :^5: :notworthy: :Party2:

I would have loved to have been just behind you taking a picture of his reaction. My guess you not only left an impression on him but also many others he talked to through out the day and his family.

IMHO if more of us would do this and similar things, the general acceptance of society would come a lot faster.

Deborah Jane
09-12-2007, 11:50 AM
Thanks every one for all the comments and compliments:o:o I just did what i felt was right. Why should we be worried about going out,? what does it matter what narrow minded idiots like him think?:Angry3: