PDA

View Full Version : Role Playing

JoAnnDallas
09-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Back over Labor Day weekend, my wife found out I am a CDer. I think one of the reasons she took it so well is in the past I love to dress up in costumes and role-play. I would go to SciFi Conventions in costume, go and play D&D in costume, and go to Reinsurance Festival’s in costume. She sees my CD dressing just as harmless as my role-playing dressing. So I got thinking how many of us do role-play in public such as Community Theater, D&D, SciFi Conventions, and such?

Dana Carlton
09-11-2007, 01:09 PM
I was involved in community theater productions for about 10 years. My resume has over 20 shows that I was in. Plus a dozen or so that I worked on either costume or set design. I would have loved to do "LaCage au Faux", but never got the chance. So I guess acting and role playing has always been in my blood. As well as design and creativity. I also took voice and dance lessons when younger. The past 2 years I haven't had much time to do any shows. Sometimes I miss it, sometimes I don't. It takes alot of time and involvement. I was a crossdresser way before I got involved in theater, so I really don't think they go hand in hand. But I love the theater! Almost, if not more, as I love dressing. Someday, maybe I'll be able to put the two together.

DonnaT
09-11-2007, 01:17 PM
NOTA here.

alysonatl
09-11-2007, 01:18 PM
The show-off in me would really love to be an actress. That is, portraying the female role in a play as a woman rather than a guy playing a girl. I'm more of a female impersonator than a drag queen.

Elsbeth
09-11-2007, 03:52 PM
I was a theater major in college and did shows, stand up, and improv after I graduated. I was having trouble making a living at it so I changed careers. In hindsight it may have been a mistake. A lot of my friends went on to very good careers in theater, film, and TV.

El

chucks
09-11-2007, 05:57 PM
none of the above.

Veronica 1
09-11-2007, 06:36 PM
I did a little midevil and SCA but I would rather wear lace than metal now. I have just had a thought, I could make me a chainmail bra, sweet!

switcheralso
09-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Not for me. I had to go and search what SCA meant.:thinking:

SCA is the Society for Creative Anachronism, which is a group dedicated to researching and recreating the Middle Ages in the present

angelfire
09-11-2007, 07:15 PM
I play D&D and such, but have never dressed in character for it. I also went to a few anime conventions, but never cosplayed either. I did dress as a pseudo-character of mine one year for halloween, and a game character another year.

Sallee
09-11-2007, 07:21 PM
great youtube video. i asume that was the wayit worked out..

Violetgray
09-16-2007, 05:15 PM
How did I miss this thread?

I actually do Dungeons and Dragons, Renaissance Faire, and Sci-Fi/Fantasy Cons and have been known to do all 3 as a girl...
On my myspace page I have pictures! :-)

www.myspace.com/violet_gray

Patty
09-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Zero

Ruth
09-16-2007, 05:46 PM
None of the above.

JoanneThomas
09-16-2007, 05:50 PM
Have had the luck to be in many local productions over the years--only recently have been able to play female on stage in a role. Really enjoyed that, though it was not as fulfilling as I might have thought--too many emotions to portray to the audience instead of just enjoying the moment. Many friends from a local support group came to see and enjoyed the production (Looking for Normal--the play that the HBO movie 'Normal' came from)

Joanne

Veris
09-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Ever since I started, I haven't been able to stop :)

I used to roleplay via the net a while back, and then go involved in D&D. I never dressed up, or did the LARP (Live Action Role Play), but I was always a female character. I had more fun~ ^^ ((I just can't RP a male character, period.))

I also go to the Renaissance Festival as often as I can, and this year I plan to go in costume! :)

Violetgray
09-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Oh yeah, and I was a female in The Crucible (Tituba) at our local community college

And I do L.A.R.P (live action role play) I've fought full contact as a female.. mostly here

www.darkonthemovie.com

Sedona
09-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Where's the nothing option? To those that do, more power to ya!

Tip or Ozma
09-16-2007, 10:04 PM
Nineteenth-century living history and role-playing as well as a few small acting parts is historical documentaries.

putter288
09-16-2007, 11:48 PM
nope nove of the above

crusadergirl
09-17-2007, 01:09 AM
I've always liked role playing, i played D&D when i was a kid but never played female characters. I been wanting to go to a anime convention and dress up.
I wish i could rp more i have always enjoyed it.

angelfire
09-17-2007, 04:28 AM
When I play D&D, I am about 50% of the time the "DM", so I get to play pretty much any characters I choose, and when I am a player, I switch. Sometimes I play a female character, sometimes male. Depends on the concept I am going for. Never LARPed though, and I don't even know if I'd be terribly interested in doing so.

Been to anime conventions, but never cosplayed. I suck at making costumes.

RachelDenise
09-17-2007, 04:42 AM
Sorry, nothing on the list for me. No theater, role playing or costume. Just a CDer!