PDA

View Full Version : At the grocery store

Krystenw
09-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Hey,
This is my second week of my new 3 day on 4 day off shift.
I'm to the point now that I have found that it isn't necessary to put on a dress and all my makeup every day. Of course I found out I don't look quite as convincing in Capri's and with just a hat and lipstick.
I had to make a trip to the dump and my wife wanted to go to the store for a few things so she tagged along with me.
When we got to the store I told her I would wait in the truck and she told me that I looked like any other old lady there doing some shopping and to quit worring about what people thought.
We only had to waite in line for a few minutes and when we got to the register the clerk said Hi and I just did my smile and nod thing and went about unloading the cart.
Then the clerk asked me how long I had been dressing like I am. So as not to appear that I was about to have a heart attack, I just said that I started back in May, but I have been doing it more and more all the time.
She said she had seen me before but didn't recognize me because I had on more makeup and a dress. But she thought I looked very nice. She said she loved my purple hat.
When we got back to the truck my wife said something about she told me not to worry that I looked fine.
Anyway, I think I'm difinately going to like this new shift.
Krysten

Ruth
09-11-2007, 03:14 PM
I think it's funny the way people just accept. Most of our worries about CDing are purely in our heads.
The first time I went out dressed up I kidded myself I was passing but I have come to believe that a lot of people see you just fine and basically don't give a ****.

Lora Olivia
09-11-2007, 05:40 PM
do you think maybe she realized it was you by you being with your wife?...this is probably one of my wifes fears if that is what you want to call it because I look nothing like (him) but if I am with her someone is gonna put 2&2 together and then :eek:

Krystenw
09-11-2007, 08:01 PM
I bet you are both right. In the past when I have been shopping there, I was by myself.
But wearing Capri's a blouse and floppy hat and just wearing some lipstick. I'm sure I presented somewhat differently then having used a trowel to apply my makeup and having on heels and a dress.

Angie G
09-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Cool you go girl :hugs:
Angie

Rosaliy Lynne
09-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Hey,
This is my second week of my new 3 day on 4 day off shift.
I'm to the point now that I have found that it isn't necessary to put on a dress and all my makeup every day. Of course I found out I don't look quite as convincing in Capri's and with just a hat and lipstick.
I had to make a trip to the dump and my wife wanted to go to the store for a few things so she tagged along with me.
When we got to the store I told her I would wait in the truck and she told me that I looked like any other old lady there doing some shopping and to quit worring about what people thought.
We only had to waite in line for a few minutes and when we got to the register the clerk said Hi and I just did my smile and nod thing and went about unloading the cart.
Then the clerk asked me how long I had been dressing like I am. So as not to appear that I was about to have a heart attack, I just said that I started back in May, but I have been doing it more and more all the time.
She said she had seen me before but didn't recognize me because I had on more makeup and a dress. But she thought I looked very nice. She said she loved my purple hat.
When we got back to the truck my wife said something about she told me not to worry that I looked fine.
Krysten

and it really doesn't matter what other people think in the long run anyway. What matters is how YOU feel.

At any rate, put on your best look, and smile.

Smiling a: improves your face value,
b: makes you feel good/better
c: confuses people
d: all of the above.

If you selected answer d, you know where it's at. Now enjoy.

Marla151
09-12-2007, 12:16 AM
do you think maybe she realized it was you by you being with your wife?...this is probably one of my wifes fears if that is what you want to call it because I look nothing like (him) but if I am with her someone is gonna put 2&2 together and then :eek:
I've had that happen before. I got to the bar where we go dancing sometimes before my GF and people who knew me didn't recognize me but when she showed up they put 2&2 together. They all thought it was really great and I got a lot of complements. Of course if they weren't OK with it They're not the people I want to associate with anyways.

Marla151
09-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Krysten
MY GF tells me the same thing. She says who cares what others think and that I don't have to get all dolled up every time, just keep it simple. It's a hard concept to grasp though for me, not the who cares but keeping it simple.

trannie T
09-12-2007, 12:31 AM
Always try to look your best when you go to the dump, you never know who you're going to run into.

SarahLynn
09-12-2007, 12:42 AM
Always try to look your best when you go to the dump, you never know who you're going to run into.

Yeah, like some really "trashy" people. :laughing::laughing::laughing::Pullhair:

SarahLynn

Sinthia
09-12-2007, 06:59 PM
I like to go walking in a wooded area a few miles from my condo, several times a week. I wear a short skirt, panties and bra and enhancers while I walk for about 45 minutes. Yesterday, on the way home, I stopped at a super market to get a jug of milk. I took out the enhancers, but left the skirt on, and went into the market. The milk was in the back of the store, as it usually is, so about eight shoppers saw me, and only looked at my face, and eyes, which is normal. No one loked at my skirt. At the checkout stand, the counters is high enough so the sales lady could not see what I was wearing. No one noticed what I had on. It was a great feelng doing what I wanted to de, and no comments or wierd looks.

Rachel Morley
09-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Hi Krysten,

Awesome post girl! Isn't amazing? .... you see, there are lovely people in the world who accept us for what we are :happy:

Your wife sounds very similar to mine, she often tells me I look fine and that I shouldn't worry if I get read and anyone says anything to me. She says I should just be polite and act as if it's a completely natural and normal way to dress ... which for me is actually true.

Anyway, I love reading posts like this - thanks :happy:

Rachel

Kimberly Marie Kelly
09-12-2007, 09:18 PM
I find when walking in the park that no one really notices much what your wearing. I like the Mini Skirts with shaved legs and feminine blouse to top it off. Occassionally you get a younger couple who laughs a little or takes a picture to show others or a very old couple who stares, but for the most part most people does not phase them. In fact single women seem the most receptive and friendly, more so than when your in full drab attire.