PDA

View Full Version : My Mission.......Just being who I am

Lovely Rita
09-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Speaking for myself only. I grew up dressing fully since age 15. I have loved dressing like a woman all my life, but I am tired of the hypocrisy that I have had to display.

Like when going to a dept. store and acting like I did not notice all the gorgeous girly lingerie, acting like I was not really looking and longing at all the finery. I got pretty good at that game.

Overcompensating to hide how much I really did love all the pretty sexy things. I am done with it. I love it, I love it, and I love it.

I am just working on unlearning all that stuff and really dig down and be who I really am. I admit that I like to dress sexy, that is who I am. I cannot care if others do not like it.

I used to care too too much before and it made me sad. Today I am very very happy because I am unwrapping the person that I am. Everyday is a new discovery and it just fills me with Joy.

I share this only to be helpful and nothing more. Are you trully being who you are? Or are you playing the game of denial that so many of us have been forced to play. I cannot do it anymore.

Like Flip Wilson used to say, "What you see is what you get,"
Whether you agree or not, thanks for listening.:love:

Deborah Jane
09-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Like you Rita, i am learning to be the real me and i,m loving every minute!!!

Becky10
09-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Rita...I couldn't have expressed it better - or more beautifully - myself.

Becky
xx

BarbaraTalbot
09-11-2007, 04:59 PM
I loved my wedding band as a reason to go into fredricks and Vickies on V-day and Christmas..(DUH!! like the wife'd birthday couldnt be any of the 364 days it isnt...STUPID)

The other day she needed some basic panties and wasnt up to traveling to get them. I got them, with my 10 year old daughter with me. I went in, had amazing famiiarity with the department, got a cheep 4 pack. Done. REALLY Stupid to have played dumb all these years. Did the 10 year old care/notice/comment? of course not. She has a mother, her mother wears panties, NBD.

Veronica Fallon
09-11-2007, 05:07 PM
I've come to believe that the "Lovely" in Lovely Rita comes not just from your lovely face, & not just from the lovely energy you project here, but also from the most lovely ways you express your thoughts & feelings. You just related much of where I'm at as well Rita, & you touched my heart in doing so. Thank you & bless you! :rose2:

Stay Lovely,

Veronica

Karren H
09-11-2007, 05:15 PM
if you choose to accept this mission........

Why was the theme from Mission Impossible playing in my head when I read the title, Rita? Dum Dum Dum Dum Dummmmm Dee Dum Hope you pantyhose don't self destruct after writing this thread...

:D

Love you girly!!

Isis
09-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Im with you 100%, but you are 100 miles ahead of me................
Thanks for the inspiration.
XOXOXO
ISIS

Lovely Rita
09-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Deborah Jane, that is what it is all about. Not living lies about what we trully like. Good for you. It is a journey I have to make.

Thanks Becky, I can always appreciate positive feedback. You are a gem.

Barbara, thank you for sharing this. How wonderful and sounds like it is becoming so natural. You are a doll.

Veronica Fallon, I just love the name. I picture you as this gorgeous gal in a detective novel. I am so glad that we could share these beautiful ideas. Thanks for being so friendly to me Veronica.

Karren, oh my dear Karren, talk about girl on a mission, you are a secret weapon. With you on the crossdresser team I know we are going to win. You are always on mission. Love ya

Isis thanks, but I am just getting started. Glad you are on the journey with me.

Huge Hugs to all of you dear friends:love:

Brianna Lovely
09-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Cherish your journey of self discovory and acceptence. I congradulate you.

I may not have all the answers, but I am myself, every day. Whoever that may be, at the moment, giggle.

Warm hugs to you, Rita.

Joy Carter
09-11-2007, 06:45 PM
It's been a whole ten months since the world saw Joy. I haven't, and won't look back.

angelfire
09-11-2007, 07:23 PM
I've been slowly starting to care less and less what others think, but I am still taking baby-steps with that, as the case is. I am also tired of lying to everyone and playing the game, but I can't just give it up quite yet.

Zee
09-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Indeed.

You are truely a remarkable woman Rita.

Like you, for so long I have hidden myself from looking at sexy clothing in stores. Trying not to notice, making sure no one was around when I was looking, etc.

In the last year, like you, I had enough. I am much more open about it, and I even wander around the ladies deptartment by my self a lot now, picking up cute outfits and such. I just don't care anymore. No one else is going to be me, so I suppose I have to (tho my wife does shop for me as well).

Again, Rita, you have articulated that which I was already doing and not even realizing why I was doing it. Thank you for shedding perspective on why I no longer care what others think.

To thy own self, be true.

Roxi Loh
09-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Well said Rita...I have come so far in a short time. Its girls like you that help. Thanks.

Lovely Rita
09-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Thanks Brianna, I love those words "Cherish and Journey," thanks for your kind wishes.

Joy, whatever you are upto I support you. You have an amazing and beautiful heart.

Angelfire, I understand completely and don't feel pressured just move forward at your pace. It is your life and you know best.

It is not always how far you go but many times it is more about moving in the right direction.

Thanks Zee, but I am far from remarkable. I only know that the destination to my journey is becoming Me. The true me. That is unfolding on a daily basis. I just have to make sure to stay the course.

[

Well Roxi it is girls like you that make a difference in my life. Your positive energy strengthens all of us.

Satrana
09-12-2007, 12:12 AM
I'll second that Rita. When I finally got around to stop pretending that I was a "real man" then it was like being reborn. All of a sudden the world looked different to me and a whole new range of possibilities opened up which revitalized me like nothing else could.

In particular shopping centers, which were deserts to my masculine self because 75% of shops cater for woman's fashion, suddenly became paradise on earth. Now I could spend an entire afternoon just drifting from shop to shop searching through the dazzling array of fashion wondering how I would like in this outfit and that, buying one item then realizing I would need a new top, bag or shoes to go with it. Hours would pass like seconds.

Years later I now realize that I had missed out on so much fun and joy in my younger years by thinking I had to deny and hide my feminine side. What a fool I was! If I could send a message back in time to my young self, it would say "embrace who you are, there is nothing to fear, don't waste your life conforming to the prejudices of others"

trannie T
09-12-2007, 12:36 AM
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step- -out of the closet.

Tasha T
09-12-2007, 02:15 AM
Figuring out "Who I am" is still a work in progress for me. I have been cross dressing all the way for 13 years now and love it, but I'm still not sure how far I'm going to take it. Some days I want to be out to the world and other days I'm glad that for the most part I keep it private. Regardless, I love being able to go back and forth between male and female. It's awesome!

Lovely Rita
09-13-2007, 08:19 AM
Satrana, so very well said. Now it is time for us girls to make up for lost time.

Yes Trannie, absolutly right. The Journey begins with the first step. Well said.

Trisha, that is what we all our on this earth work's in progress. It is wonderful to be who we feel we are at the moment. Thanks for sharing.

Experiencing our masculine and our feminine side, Which is our special gift.:love:

Wendy me
09-13-2007, 09:03 AM
you know we all think to some degree that we need to do things ... or to follow what some one or some plan on what is right for us ..... even to the point of putting a person or persons on a pedestal .... what we relay need to do is before we stick labels on us is to understand the every person in the world is some what the same ..... but some what different .....

my Fem side and my"HIM" side were quite a struggle for me ..... now i try not to see a difference and i believe that now i am just "ME".... and the parts of who i am make me ..... me..... "H.C.B.M." (HAPPY COMFY BEING ME)......

Fab Karen
09-13-2007, 05:18 PM
To deny being what we are is to deny the world.

Jackie67
09-13-2007, 05:29 PM
I am not sure if I can really relate to this as I have been shopping for GIRLY FRILLIES since I can remember, wether it was when I was in school I went with my sister some time then I even went alone it never seemed to bother me if I was in the Girls or ladies department I got what I wanted with no embarssment or second thoughts. Even now My SO and I go together and sometimes we go alone it still doesn't bother me I have never been refused to try on garments or anything else I buy.
Hope I didn't sound to brash or whatever but had to get in my comment.LOL:heehee:

Kristen Kelly
09-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Life doesn’t get any better than when you are happy with yourself. I don't hide who I am, at 50 I don't give a :censor: what the world thinks. The world is changing as well as my world, I fought with the feelings of denial for so many years, now you find me in what is my drab, in women's jeans, 5/8" hoop earrings and a unisex shag hair cut because I want to.
When I go out dressed I don't hide under the darkness of night, in the TG friendly places, no I'm out in the daylight doing the things that every woman does. I may get some looks, but I'm being me, Comfortable in my own skin.

A single snowflake hardly gets noticed, but put a lot of snowflakes together and a blizzard plays havoc on the normal goings on of the world. Come out of the darkness, out of the safety behind the closet door, be yourself, be happy, take pride of whom you are. If you are happy where you are now that’s fine, I don’t what to push my ideas on anyone, but if you have to think what will others think and that stops you then,
Join my world, make it yours.

Zee
09-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Whether you feel remarkable or not does not change the fact that you are. Not many people can do what you are doing.

ArleneRaquel
09-13-2007, 06:53 PM
The way that I live is certainly who I am, but if I thought that my way of life was inflicting pain or grief upon a loved one I would certainly have to reconsider that lifestyle, or at least to the extent that I live it. I have been 24/7 for over ywo years now, and it would be very hard for me to change. But if it involved a loved one I would have to change my ways, at ;east to some degree. :love: & :hugs: Maureen Welch - Not Always the Heartless *itc*

Kristen Kelly
09-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Whether you feel remarkable or not does not change the fact that you are. Not many people can do what you are doing.

If you are happy where you are now that’s fine, I don’t what to push my ideas on anyone, but if you have to think what will others think and that stops you then,
Join my world, make it yours.

We all make choices and due to those choices some consequences occur. Three years ago I felt the same way, some of my decisions are not as bold as I would like them to be, and not because I compromised my beliefs but I came to the realization I am but a single snowflake.

susie evans
09-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Rita
i allways love reading your heart felt post's some times the hardest part of the journey of life is learning to accept who we realy are and be happy with our blessing's we allready posess

:love:.....susie

Jamie001
09-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Amen! Thanks Susie, that one sentence contains a lot of wisdom.

:hugs: Jamie

Rita
i allways love reading your heart felt post's some times the hardest part of the journey of life is learning to accept who we realy are and be happy with our blessing's we allready posess

:love:.....susie

Chantelle CD
09-14-2007, 02:51 AM
I share this only to be helpful and nothing more. Are you trully being who you are? Or are you playing the game of denial that so many of us have been forced to play. I cannot do it anymore.

Like Flip Wilson used to say, "What you see is what you get,"

I cant tell you Rita, how many times i walked by all the girl shops in the mall, dieing to go in and shop, but couldn't!! so many times!! I now go out dressed, been to the mall, value village, dressed it was so kewl to try on shoes, look at dresses, hold them up to me to check the fit, try them on, i totally loved it!!! So great, but i still don't think that it is who i really am, i am such a double sided coin, Sure all these things feel so great, i think its because i wanted to do them for so long now, and couldn't, when i am chantelle, i am how i am, but when i change back, i am who i am as well, male, not macho, but manly, maybe i do have a split personality, Hmmmm, or maybe i can just feel everything, and can change my self at will. Ill never kill Chantelle ever again though, she is alive now, just like ill never kill my other side, he has always been alive.

Lovely Rita
09-14-2007, 07:32 AM
Thank You Wendy, that is so well put and really describes being complete.

Fab Karen, I must confess I did deny for too long and only now am I looking to embrace as opposed to deny. Thank you

[
Hey Jackie, sounds like you had it together for quite some time. What a wonderful thing, to be so secure about who you are and what you liked.

Thank you for sharing Kristen, and I can finally say that I am very happy with the direction I have taken.

Zee, you are so healthy for me, hugs to you Zee.

Hey Katrina, wonderful to hear about your current situation and also great to hear how you also care about others.

Hey Susie, I agree wholeheartedly, I remember guilt pangs when something reminded me of the fact that what I liked did not correspond with the macho role I was supposed to play. The guilt was sickening but happily it is no more.

Amen! Thanks Susie, that one sentence contains a lot of wisdom.

:hugs: Jamie

Hey Chantelle, you speak for many of us. I am thrilled to be both feminine and masculine. It is amazing how much I can relate. I also embrace both parts of me. So far my journey has room for both sides of my persona, what a gift.

Thanks to all of you for sharing.

Veronica53
09-14-2007, 08:28 AM
I'm really happy that you have been able to get to where you are,I hope that I will be able to get there someday it just isn't now.By the way you do look lovely in your avatar.

Veronica

bobi jean
09-14-2007, 09:19 AM
WE SHALL, NOW BEGIN THE PROCESS OF A DEMOCRATIC ELECTION OF OUR OFFICERS TO LEAD THE CD REVOLUTION.
I too have wandered the isles of the forbidden for many years. NO LONGER, I no-longer just walk around dreaming while in the womens department. I do my dreaming after I make my purchase while on the drive home.
Loved your thread, your way of thinking and maybe the revolution is not that far away. I'M READY FOR IT.
LOVE THIS PLACE AND ALL WHO ATTEND. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR BEING HERE!!!!

Donna Marie
09-14-2007, 09:54 AM
Dang it all, she and I - or he and I - are still fighting with ourselves over this. That is, I'm fighting with me. I still have a difficult time going shopping and definitely do not have the pluck to try it en femme. It sure would be easier if I could get over myself!!

susie evans
09-14-2007, 10:20 AM
RITA
you are a lovley person inside and out ...:love:...susie

MsJanessa
09-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Rita we must have gone shopping at the same department store----why didn't I see you there at age 15--lol

gennee
09-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Rita, just being who you are is liberating. I love to browse the women's sections of department stores. I feel like a kid in a candy store.

I'm happy that you are undoing years of denying yourself. There are people to long to be themselves and you are a rare person to chooses to do so. When I told my son about my dressing I feel even freer.

Gennee

:happy::hugs:

Kristen Kelly
09-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Dang it all, she and I - or he and I - are still fighting with ourselves over this. That is, I'm fighting with me. I still have a difficult time going shopping and definitely do not have the pluck to try it en femme. It sure would be easier if I could get over myself!!

Donna as I have said took me years to accept myself don't beat yourself up over it, we all have to seek out our comfort zone, took me 2 years of slowly pushing the boundry to were I am now, I still have a distance to go and am still pushing it, but that's my nature.....pushy old broad.

Kate Simmons
09-16-2007, 08:05 AM
WE SHALL, NOW BEGIN THE PROCESS OF A DEMOCRATIC ELECTION OF OUR OFFICERS TO LEAD THE CD REVOLUTION.
I too have wandered the isles of the forbidden for many years. NO LONGER, I no-longer just walk around dreaming while in the womens department. I do my dreaming after I make my purchase while on the drive home.
Loved your thread, your way of thinking and maybe the revolution is not that far away. I'M READY FOR IT.
LOVE THIS PLACE AND ALL WHO ATTEND. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR BEING HERE!!!!Sounds good to me Bobi Jean. Just put me in charge of the budget. My trusty katana and myself will make sure we make the right cuts:heehee:.Seems like the warrior never goes away.:rolleyes::happy:

Veronica 1
09-16-2007, 05:57 PM
I am starting to realize the same thing. It does not matter what the other people think, you have to be who you are. This might not ring true for people who are in sensitive jobs but for the majority of us I say get out there and show the world that there is a new revolution coming. It does not matter if you think you pass or not ,actually, what is passing? There is no way that the most of us can truly emmulate the feminine aspects enough for people to truly think that we are women, but being out and not having trouble or ridicule is about the best that we can hope for. A lot of us are only in the closet because of our own preconcived idea of what we truly look like but I have had the opportunity to come out to my family and they say, Wow, you look good. Start with slow steps, but get out there and have fun!