PDA

View Full Version : Can a GG detect makeup at 20 paces?

Edwina
09-11-2007, 11:16 PM
I ask this as I am experimenting with foundation, blush and eye shadow at the moment and yesterday I went shopping after applying what I thought was very light makeup. I checked with glasses both on and off before I went out and I was convinced I was OK.
Wherever I went I was greeted with a smile and a friendly greeting. Even the customary ‘have a nice day’ was varied and in one case “have a fabulous day” was the response to my thank you .
This is not the norm, most usually seem totally uniterested and I was just wondering if the makeup was the reason for this. :happy:
Any thoughts?
:love:

Edwina

crunchysoda
09-11-2007, 11:29 PM
yep, I think so.
I personally am very visual so I pick up on a lot of things easily.

Lori SC
09-11-2007, 11:38 PM
This is not the norm, most usually seem totally uniterested and I was just wondering if the makeup was the reason for this.

My thoughts are that it WAS the makeup - but not as you imagine.

If it was truely light makeup, even GGs won't notice at two yards distance.

But, your attitude, the way you present yourself, the body language can send a very potent signal. Do you think that you subconsiously projected a very outgoing, jovial person just because you felt good about yourself? I think it's probable.

Hugz, Lori

Edwina
09-12-2007, 01:49 AM
It was Lori and I think you have hit the nail on the head. I did feel good about myself. :happy:
Thank you

:hugs:
Edwina

Trish
09-12-2007, 07:23 AM
My wife can!

Baley
09-12-2007, 07:33 AM
Make-up helps, As i go out more if you carry yourself well no .one really pays attention. I dress every day know and have run into people i know and they dont even notice. I am not real passable, but i have found out, dont care attitude works.:2c:

Cyndie
09-12-2007, 07:40 AM
My thought is that when you apply makeup to male skin it looks different. Better I think, but that is what makeup is suppose to do, make our skin look nicer. I think that the combination of makeup and attitude changed the dynamic of meeting people. They may not have noticed the makeup, just that you were a different person.

:2c:

TTFN
Cyndie

Kieron Andrew
09-12-2007, 07:59 AM
yup i think a genetic female can detect make-up at 20 paces

Sarah Rabbit
09-12-2007, 08:04 AM
I believe one's confidence has much to do with one's interaction with those they meet. You feel confident (Through makeup, clothes, or whatever accessory you choose) Then people will respond in a positive manner.

Sarah R. :bunny:

JoAnnDallas
09-12-2007, 08:13 AM
I have worn light makeup with powder and lipsitck which is almost the same color as my natural lips while in drab and no one seem to notice I was wearing any kind of makeup.

Karren H
09-12-2007, 08:30 AM
Tooo cool, Edwina!! Sure sounds like you discovered something there... Guess if everyone wore makeup there would be no more wars!

Wonder how George Bush would look with a little mascara and some blush?

:D

Karren

MJ
09-12-2007, 08:32 AM
well i don't think so 20 paces no way but at 10 sure they can , but attitude helps

sobe1ove GG
09-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Yes, I can detect light makeup. Light makeup makes a regular guy look incredibly 'manicured' in the face. Think Zac Efron. Yuck. Anyway, yeah, I would have noticed. I think most women who wear makeup on a regular basis would have.

Deborah Jane
09-12-2007, 12:35 PM
I ask this as I am experimenting with foundation, blush and eye shadow at the moment and yesterday I went shopping after applying what I thought was very light makeup. I checked with glasses both on and off before I went out and I was convinced I was OK.
Wherever I went I was greeted with a smile and a friendly greeting. Even the customary ‘have a nice day’ was varied and in one case “have a fabulous day” was the response to my thank you .
This is not the norm, most usually seem totally uniterested and I was just wondering if the makeup was the reason for this. :happy:
Any thoughts?
:love:

Edwina

My ex wife could!!! I think that could be why she,s now "my ex wife":heehee:

Stacy GG
09-12-2007, 08:19 PM
I don't think I could. Not at 20 paces, at 10 no problem.
I'm not a people person, so such details would usually escape me unless I "knew" about the makeup and was looking for it. :2c:

Sally2005
09-12-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm learning about how mood, environment and thinking all influence each other. For example, if you feel good, you influence how you react and impact the environment around you, so people pick up on your smile and smile back which makes you feel even better.

Perhaps you look better and also feel better so people around you are responding to that.

As for noticing the foundation, maybe, but when I went to MAC to get new foundation the girl asked me if I had foundation on already (I didn't) so she couldn't tell if It did or not.

...I think most political leaders wear light makeup (especially in front of the camera) since image is everything.

Rachel Morley
09-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Hummm ..... while I do agree GGs would be more likely to notice make up on a guy more than other guys would, I'm wondering if you yourself felt more happy, vivacious and confident because you were wearing makeup and therefore your persona being more smiley, happy and open cultivated the same in return from the sales assistants and checkers? :thinking:

Whatever the reason, I think this is good news all around and I think you should definitely wear makeup in guy mode more often. :happy: I know for myself, when I wear eye makeup I feel so much happier and more confident.

monikkkka
09-13-2007, 01:39 AM
I think GGs are generally more receptive to that stuff.

Every GG i pass, always looks at my shoes first then up. Shoes first, course and im trying to make eye contact and they are looking down while they pass ...figures! :p

Veronica 1
09-13-2007, 08:04 PM
I have to agree that a GG can spot makeup, even after you have thought that you had removed all traces. The GG at work, who is always made up and looking great, made a comment about my hot soup for lunch would smear my lipstick. ??? I had thought that I had removed all traces before I went to work this morning and after the comment, I had to hit the bathroom to check. Nothing out of place that I could see. Puzzling.

Sheri 4242
09-13-2007, 11:38 PM
I have worn light makeup with powder and lipsitck which is almost the same color as my natural lips while in drab and no one seem to notice I was wearing any kind of makeup.

Ditto!!! And, the acid test is one of my stepdaughters -- if she (and she is very fashion conscious -- and extremely hypercritical as well) hasn't noticed when I've worn light, well-applied makeup in the past, then VICTORY!!!

VanessaC
09-13-2007, 11:49 PM
In my experience a woman's eye for detail is amazing especially with other women; they can detect a missing sequin at 200 feet... lol