PDA

View Full Version : Quitting

Ashley in Virginia
03-24-2005, 09:48 AM
Has anyone ever been able to quit dressing? I guess no one here has, or you wouldn't be here. But does anyone know of anyone who has? Any tips? I really want to be done with this, but i don't want to come back to it later on.

So either I am in or not. If I can't quit doing it, I may look into going more full time with it. I feel like I am at a crossroads.

Thanks

celeste26
03-24-2005, 09:59 AM
I am currently at approximately a 1 year status, I still get the temptation, but I dont have the clothes, so am I in or not? Still there are lots of memories mostly bad ones, and that keeps me on the straight and narrow. Just got a huge tax return yet have spent it on things I really need (not femme clothes) and not unhappy. Right now there is a big incentive not to, but who knows the future. With God's help anything is possible ( as long as it is within God's will in the first place). PM me if you need anything I can help you with.

Trinity_cat
03-24-2005, 10:02 AM
Hi Ashley, most of us here have "quit" at one time or another.

It is "purging' oneself with all links to CDing. But yes, we all come skipping right back. I have purged many times in my younger days, and my wife would love me to purge for good right now. (bless her, she's an idiot hehe) The urge to return to dressing is different for everyone, but for me it was to save my peace of mind. Why go through life grumpy when you can relax in the tranquility obtained by wearing different clothes.

arula
03-24-2005, 10:11 AM
Hi Ashley, most of us here have "quit" at one time or another.

It is "purging' oneself with all links to CDing. But yes, we all come skipping right back. I have purged many times in my younger days, and my wife would love me to purge for good right now. (bless her, she's an idiot hehe) The urge to return to dressing is different for everyone, but for me it was to save my peace of mind. Why go through life grumpy when you can relax in the tranquility obtained by wearing different clothes.

You've said it for me Trinity. When I tried to stop, a beautiful woman just walking down the street would start it all again. I would think to myself, "hmmff", "shes got nothing on me. I can be just as sexy as her". I really think girls that we all used to be girls in a past life, if you're into those kinds of things. (feminine things). Arula XOX

mand
03-24-2005, 10:16 AM
Oh I'm affraid I gave up the purging thing a long time ago, I gave it my best try a few times but here I am now :)

To be honest I wouldnt want to stop being myself nowdays it's just took to many years to get here, and now I have finally come to terms with being transgendered I just want to spend the rest of my days enjoying it.

Good luck to anyone who does want to quit but if I'm truthfull I've never known anybody succeed, good luck ;)

love mand xxx

obsessedwithpantyhose
03-24-2005, 10:36 AM
it cost to much to purge i have only done that once, lost some realy nice skirts and heels as a result :( I dont feel right if i am NOT wearing my pantyhose,and thru talking to my wife i am getting to not caring on who notices my painted toenails and pantyhosed toes :)
Ashley... ur avitar is disturbing :p

DonnaT
03-24-2005, 10:38 AM
Can you quit? Maybe, but for how long?

I know some girls that have quite for months, a year, 8 years, but they are posting on CD forums still. Why? My guess is that the urge is probably still there, and talking about it helps them not dress.

That is not to say that they won't start again later. It's an unkown.

Melissa A.
03-24-2005, 10:53 AM
Hi Ashley,

If you are determined to walk away, You need to know that a behavior like crossdressing is there for a reason. It does something positive for you. So it is very hard to quit for good. I am not a behavioralist, or a shrink, and I know there are are girls here who are much more knowledgable than me about the ins and outs of such behaviors.

I said it was there for a reason, but I don't want you to get the idea that that is real important to me. It's not. I don't care why I crossdress. All I finally know, is that it is a part of me. A very important part of what makes me me. Has it caused me, and others, pain in the past? Absolutely. Have I quit before? Yup. Everyone has.

I won't go into my whole story (although it is chronicled here, as are my feelings over the years, in bits and pieces, if your'e bored enough to read my 200+ posts!) but I will share two things with you:

-I got to a point where not being who I am was more painful than the affect my crossdressing had on others, mostly signifigant others. And at some point the secrecy, shame, and embarrassment just went away. The affect society, friends, loved ones, etc. can have on how a crossdresser feels about themselves and what they do cannot be overstated. When I decided I didn't care anymore, I was free.

-If you are going to crossdress, you need to decide how it will fit into your life. This can be the hardest part and is different for everyone.

I know I am simplifying, to some degree, something that is very complex and can be very hard. I can't tell you how many times I just wanted to chuck it and live a "normal" life. And I did, for periods of time. But I truly believe that the supression and denial led to bigger problems. Trying to control my dressing, for me, just didnt work. Every area of my life is so much easier now. And I am finding success, and a peace I really never knew was possible.

Sorry to go on about me. I cannot tell you what to do. I'm not advocating crossdressing, just letting you know that quitting, in my experience and from what I have read from others, is very hard. You have to decide if what you get from dressing outwieghs the potential pain and inconvenience to your life. And it can be both, I'm not denying that.

I have said this here before: I think, as humans, we really sometimes need to go through some bad, painful stuff before we are ready to be who we really are. Unfortunate in some ways. And I don't know how old you are. But when you do finally get to time in your life when you love and accept who you are and what you do, Well, for me, it was worth everything bad I've experienced.
The path is different for everyone, Ashley. I wish you all the strength and luck you can get on yours. I hope this helps a little.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Melissa A.
03-24-2005, 11:17 AM
P.S. Ashley, I just want to add (not knowing the circumstances that brought you where you are) That you should probably not put so much pressure on yourself to think that you have to make a life-changing, permanent decision right this moment. You may feel like you are at a crossroads now, but a year from now, it may not seem like it was that big a deal. Stuff happens, for the most part, over time. Sometimes we have to make important decisions, and sometimes, it's really not necessary to decide. Stop and think, and make sure you know how you feel about that.

Funny avatar. Made me laugh!

Hugs,

Richelle
03-24-2005, 11:17 AM
Ashely,

I think Melissa said it all. You need to accept yourself as who you are and that all of us girls wish you the best in finding yourself and happiness.

Richelle

LindaLeeColby
03-24-2005, 12:11 PM
Has anyone ever been able to quit dressing? I guess no one here has, or you wouldn't be here. But does anyone know of anyone who has? Any tips? I really want to be done with this, but i don't want to come back to it later on.

So either I am in or not. If I can't quit doing it, I may look into going more full time with it. I feel like I am at a crossroads.

Thanks

Hey Ashley,

I've purged but in doing so it cost me dearly, not so much the money as in letting go of something I truly need. My advise is go with your heart but stay on the practical side and put your things into a box for the time being. Purging is an act of cleansing and born often from the guilt we carry but it's not our guilt so much as trying to live up to a definition of ourselves that no one else follows past their own opinions. I would also advise that you imagine yourself as you are without considering those opinions and judge then the level or those desires that you can live with.

Squeeze
Linda Lee

Paula A
03-24-2005, 12:18 PM
Ashley;
Melissa hit the nail on the head. Thanks Melissa.

I too tried to quit, I spent many years hiding, keeping secrets, buying and purging. I tried to quit it, tried to "put it away" attemted to deny the urge to dress. I would then feel ashamed after I would dress, like it was wrong or something was wrong with me. And now that I realized who I am and nurture that aspect of who i am, i am much happier person.

Good luck to you in whatever you decide, but it has been my experiance that you would be a much happier person by embracing who you are and comming to terms with it.

mmandy31
03-24-2005, 12:29 PM
I tried quitting a few times but that didn't last long.

I would say this is it and got rid of all my clothes and then a couple of months down the road i would be back buying some panties and hose.
Soon buying skirts dresses and lingerie.
I then went a couple more years and tried to purge again .
Cleaned out my closet again and went maybe 3 months saying to myself i done it for good .
Go shopping for something like in Wal-mart and i would happen to cross thru the lingerie section stop check it out and say wouldn't l love to have that.
Next thing i know i am buying that article of lingerie and then buying more again.
i guess i can't give up wearing lingerie or dresses.

Wendy me
03-24-2005, 12:41 PM
ok i have like been all over this ........crossdressing ..................thingy ......denial........fear........shame.....guilt... ......accepence..............as this all happend and is still going on from time to time i can say that i never once purged .........girlfreind never purge ...........don't purge.....
no purgeing ok ............package up all your things put them away spend some time thinking ........maybe a thearepest is a good thought ...............................

are you nutts? crazey? strange? or any thing your thinking .....?????? answer ..no not at all.......it one thime or a nouther we all go through this way your feeling.........some do it quite offten ........some can just stop and never miss it..........some just can't stop or make it go away..........

whitch one are you ??????????as your past posts tell me that you are not quite shure that ok ....some times we have a hard time with that ........me what am i ??????????
a cd, tv, trans , gen. what ever ............i am happy thats all and for me thats enough.........if you want to chatt ..........pm me or yahoo me ...........

girlfreind theres more right with you than theres is wrong with you

huge wendy hugs............

Priscilla1018
03-24-2005, 01:46 PM
Hi Ashley,

We have all quit for varying lengths of time,we have almost all(Wendy)purged sometimes quite often.Yet we are back.This forum has helped so many of us decide who and what we are,what we want from life,how we wish to live.Only time will tell if you can quit and never come back again.The odds are that you will be back.Try to be happy as you are,be true to you.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Wendy me
03-24-2005, 01:52 PM
Hi Ashley,

We have all quit for varying lengths of time,we have almost all(Wendy)purged sometimes quite often.Yet we are back.This forum has helped so many of us decide who and what we are,what we want from life,how we wish to live.Only time will tell if you can quit and never come back again.The odds are that you will be back.Try to be happy as you are,be true to you.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

not me yes hard to belive but true i never purged .............i love my wendy things.......... :p

Bobbie Lee
03-24-2005, 02:09 PM
I have not heard of anyone able to stop crossdressing for any lenght of time. I have stopped, gotten rid of clothes etc. just to start over in a year or less. I find it harder to stop the older I get. Wife is straight ;aced and not open to anything but straight relationship, so I may be facing the big choice of leaving her or just stopping. Stopping is harder than I ever thought it would be. Good luck girl, Love Bobbie

suegsusan
03-24-2005, 02:14 PM
Like most others here I have quit a number of times over the years, and each time I dumped my femme clothes, wigs, shoes - gave them to Goodwill. But it never lasted. Once I was so sure that I was going to quit for good that I grew a beard - a big bushy one. Hey, it's hard to look feminine with a bushy beard. That time my quitting lasted a couple of years.

I'm now a senior citizen and I have reconciled myself that there is a feminine part of me that just cannot be ignored. I am at my most comfortable when I recognize that Susan is a fundamental part of me. I don't think there's much chance of my quitting ever again.

Susan

Sharon
03-24-2005, 02:15 PM
Excepting for Wendy of course, I think just about all of us have purged at least once, at least those of us who have been doing this for any length of time. But the trouble with purging is that it doesn't change anything -- we are still the same people we were, and the clothing we wear, or don't wear, doesn't alter this fact.
I think that those crossdressers who simply have a fetish for specific articles of clothing would have an easier time with changing their behavior than those who need to express a feminine personality, a personality that can't be erased by simply changing their wardrobe.
I have been to several therapists over the years, and every one of them has acknowledged that a transvestite is a transvestite is a transvestite. We can empty our closets as often as we like, but nothing we do will change who we are. It is up to each one of us to accept who we are, and to find a way to work these desires or needs into our lives, without allowing them to become more than they should be. Some can dress just occasionally and be perfectly content, while others may need to dress full-time.

So my only advice Ashley is to try to refrain from doing anything rash until you have thought long and hard about why you dress. Maybe you will decide that this has just been a phase in your life, but it's just as likely, if not more so, that this is more important to you than you're willing to admit.
Put the clothing away somewhere where you don't see it every day and try to live your life as though the clothing isn't there [This would also mean not visiting crossdressing sites on the internet!]. Give yourself some time -- a month? six months? -- to see how you feel, and maybe you'll decide that it just isn't that important to you anymore. But if you decide that the clothing represents some inner need, then a least you can still pull it out of its hiding place and resume your life as the person you are meant to be.

Whatever you do, good luck!

Samantha Jane
03-24-2005, 05:34 PM
I don't think you can ever quit completely.
I purged yet again, joined the services and I didn't dress femme for 7 years, as it wasn't the sort of place you would want to get caught wearing panties.
But for me CDing was always there in the back ground, lying dormant in the sub conscious.
When I first married I managed to keep it in check and only just!!!!!!!!. Then the wife asked if I would like to go to a vicars and tarts night and bam!!. A team of wild horses wouldn't have stopped me.
Spent half the night in the toilets, re-doing the make up my wife had put on me and sitting down to pee (didn't want the night to end). That was 17 years ago and I have never looked back after that night. I gave up trying to deny who I was and the feelings that went with it.

Charlotte Anne xx

Fiona K
03-24-2005, 05:39 PM
Melissa got it spot on, tried quitting and failed, several purges later I've given up. However it is your life and your choice.
Good luck with what ever you decide to do
Fiona
xx

Stephanie
03-24-2005, 05:57 PM
I myself "quit" for about a good 3-4 years after I started dating my wife but during the last few months, the "urge" started up again and I have decided to start doing it again. My primary challenge right now is discussing it with my wife since I never told her about my previous experiences with or interest in cd-ing because I, as probably so many other people thought, thought that it wasn't THAT important to me or that my wife just wouldn't understand or be approving of it (especially since she has kids) but the "urge" is obviously still there and I suspect that it will always be there no matter what. I COULD continue to attempt to suppress it but I'm not sure that that's what I really want to do. There are times when it is less important to me and I don't feel like I've got to cd a certain amount of times per day, week, month, year, etc. to be satisfied but I would like to know at least that I have the freedom to do so if I want whether it is full dressing, wearing undergarments, or more "gender neutral" attire. I suppose that it is POSSIBLE to quit but why should anybody want to/have to, especially since it is something that doesn't hurt anybody, doesn't have to be permanent, and can be concealed if necessary or done privately if necessarily and not intrude on your personal life?

Cissy Suzie
03-24-2005, 06:00 PM
I, as well as almost everyone of us, have gone through the purging ritual ... me a couple of times ... and then I find myself a while later going through the ritual of replacing the stuff I had gotten rid of.

I won't try to get into any psychological thing here with you, my advice is just pure and simple economics.

Either rent a locker somewhere or just buy a big old trunk and pack all your girly things away and let them stay where they are. My guess is after a few months or weeks :rolleyes: you will be digging into that trunk or driving over to the rented locker, to retrieve your self.

There was a popular song when I was a kid "It's cheaper to keep her" :p

Just an idea for you!

Katrina
03-24-2005, 06:33 PM
I did the purge thing about 10 years ago and I didn't do any CDing for that time period. It was only after my ex-wife and I decided to divorce that I decided that my happiness was more important than trying to fit into this world as a "normal" guy. I decided that anybody I dated after my marriage would have to accept me for me (high heels, thongs, and all). I now have a wonderful girlfriend who accepts me and my "hobby". I haven't been this happy in a long time, so I have no intention of quitting anytime soon.

SilkenPrincess
03-24-2005, 06:38 PM
So my only advice Ashley is to try to refrain from doing anything rash until you have thought long and hard about why you dress.

I agree strongly with Sharon on this. You can not nor should not make any decision until you have answered this question, if indeed it is answerable. The reasons behind your dressing will give you the insight that you need to make a rational decision.
I wish you the best of success in whatever road you take. None of them are easy.
Love,
SilkenPrincess

Katiegirl
03-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Ashley in Jersey if you really want to give up Cding good luck you will need it as the others have said I haven't heard of anyone giving up for good.

I stopped in 1991 and purged when I met my second wife, the marriage broke up after 3 years for reasons other than CDing and for financial reasons I went back to my parents. I gradually became their carer over the next few years as first my father then my mother succumbed to dementia. During that period I was unable to do any CDing as all my time after work was spent caring. I tried not to think about womens cloths as to do so sent me into a depression. In 2004 my mother died and I was able to buy my own place, and beleive me it did not take me long to resume CDing and I am now a much more relaxed and whole person though I don't broadcast that I am transvestite to the world at large.

I went 13 years not dressing at all but when the opportunety presented itself I was soon dressing again, so be warned you have an uphill task to give up.

:)

Mind of a woman Body of a Man, Life is a Bitch

ToniB
03-24-2005, 07:08 PM
I think it was very unselfish of you Katiegirl, to spend so much of your life caring for your parents in that condition. You deserve some pleasure now, and I'm glad to see you're getting it through CDing again. Now you need to find a GG who loves you, and also gets some pleasure of her own out of your "hobby".

Good luck with the rest of your life,
ToniB

Richelle
03-24-2005, 07:46 PM
Katiegirl,

ToniB is correct. You are a very unselfish girl and deserve the best.

Richelle

Aloha_Dana
03-24-2005, 08:48 PM
We can empty our closets as often as we like, but nothing we do will change who we are. It is up to each one of us to accept who we are, and to find a way to work these desires or needs into our lives, without allowing them to become more than they should be.

Ashley, Sharon puts it simply.

Purging is expensive. Take it in steps if you are to act on it.

I've purged a few times and everytime, have come back. It makes me feel good. I like it. I'm happy when I'm dressed. Period.

There must be some serious issues going on as to why you are considering this. What's going on? Can we help?

Dana

Holly
03-24-2005, 09:24 PM
Ashley,

The other ladies have been eloquent and given you very wise, very sage council (note to self to give Melissa a big HUG!). Put your things away for a while. Then search you heart, your soul. Leave NO part unexplored. Maybe you'll come up with a reason to quit, maybe not. But at the very least, you should have a better understanding of who you are! And maybe that's all the you will need.

Ashley, it's ultimately up to you. In it's simplest form, the question really is, "Am I happier when I dress or when I'm not dressing?" Once you answer that, you're on your way.

Best wishes, hon. Please keep us in the loop as to what you decide to do.

Melissa A.
03-25-2005, 02:02 PM
And a big hug back at you, Holly. Just hanging around waiting for work to call, whch could be in 2 minutes or 20 hours. So I get a chance to visit. So nice to hear from you. I hope you and your honey are doing well.

Richelle, thank you for the kind words. I really only have my own experiences and what I've read here to go on. It is nice to hear none of us is alone and have shared many similar experiences.

Paula, Thank you as well. I sincerely hope all is going well at home. I do think about you. Please PM me anytime and I will try to answer, time willing.

Hugs,

Julie Gaum
03-26-2005, 01:54 AM
I have quit for years: first in the military, then in college and, for awhile when married---also to a non-supportive wife (for 48 years). Thrown away a fortune in clothes a dozen times, but never able (or willing perhaps) to stop going back. "Back" means wearing complete female underclothes (and fully dressed with make-up when she is away for more than two days) as my wife cannot face my real feelings. I'm curious how you are able to go as far as you have in public. If your spouse is really unsupportive (I'm also envious) how DO YOU do it? No, you can never quit completely. Why? I don't know. Write please. Julie Gaum

Sweet Susan
03-26-2005, 03:30 PM
The best way to find out is to purge. Simply throw all of the stuff away, the wigs, the dresses, your make-up, all of it. Chuck it into the trash and walk away from it. You will either come back or not. If you don't, you've done the right thing. If you do come back, you'll be kicking yourself in the ass everytime you go out and buy something that you threw away. My philosophy is this, if you store it, you'll always have the chance to go and get it, if you chuck it, you won't. The urge to buy new things will be the deciding factor. But, hey, why waste your money! Just accept it, go with it, enjoy it.

Alaina Ann
03-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Quitting?? Stopped and started so many times that I spent a fortune and lost some really sexy things. Throw it out and then buy some more. I will say that I had a lot of fun cruising the panty and bra sections in various stores and having some sweet lady helping me. They always were just as kind as could be. Honey this and Honey that I had a cart full of lacies to take home.:)

Merinda
03-26-2005, 04:59 PM
Its not a matter of quitting !

Its a matter of how long you can break !

A girl on another forum had a 15 year break , I have had a couple of 2 year breaks.

ADVICE: For those who want to consider themselves finished with all this , I suggest that you box up your gear and tape up the box and store it under the house or somewhere you dont see it.
You will not be tempted by the knowledge that you still have the cloths somewhere , but when the day comes that you become jellous of the women at the local shops you will not have to spend up big to return .

SilkenPrincess
03-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Its not a matter of quitting !

Its a matter of how long you can break !

A girl on another forum had a 15 year break , I have had a couple of 2 year breaks.

ADVICE: For those who want to consider themselves finished with all this , I suggest that you box up your gear and tape up the box and store it under the house or somewhere you dont see it.
You will not be tempted by the knowledge that you still have the cloths somewhere , but when the day comes that you become jellous of the women at the local shops you will not have to spend up big to return .

How true!
It's been quite a while for me, but in my heart I will ALWAYS be a girl. That's why I'm here.
Love,
SilkenPrincess

brandi
03-26-2005, 10:06 PM
All the girls here have pretty much said everything that needs to be said.
It's all excellent advice. I too tried to quit several times only to come back to it later. The last time I quit was for almost 4 years. That was right after my first wife left me and tried to take the kids. I swore I was going to be a good father to them and wasn't going to give my ex a chance of trying to get them back. However, as my current wife will attest to, I became a very ugly, bitter person. I lost most of my friends, noone really wanted to be around me because I was so depressing. She (my current wife) finally told me that I needed to do what was right for me and not worry about what could happen. So with her help and guidance I started dressing again whenever I got the chance and I did become a happier person. I realized that this is who I am, I can't change myself for anyone and I am finally ok with being Brandi.

Good luck and God Bless

Brandi

Ashley in Virginia
03-28-2005, 01:25 PM
Sorry for not getting back to this sooner. Thanks for all of the kind words and ya'll have given me alot to think about.

Being in limbo just sucks, for lack of a better word. It consumes me to the point that I have a hard time thinking of other things. In the past few days I have found that when things get tough for me, I tend to lean more towards dressing. i guess it helps me escape reality for a few. I don't know. I am kinda babbling here.

Anyways, I really need to get a job and a life. lol And then see where this goes.

Kimberly
03-28-2005, 02:11 PM
I purged a couple of years ago, and the urge got worse... so I'm never giving up again.

In fact, current circumstances will make me dress more, now that my gf is interested :)

Paula A
03-28-2005, 04:47 PM
Ashley;
I too find that wehn I am under a lot more stress at work, or home the urge to dress becomes much stronger. Not only that but during dry spells in the bedroom the urge to dress is also stronger, combine the two adn look out I need a skirt, any skirt I don't care what color just let me try it on!

Your not alone or strange, you are blessed with both masculine and feminine traits that make you special. I have just recently had the talk with my wife who is generally a tough girl, sometimes gruff anyway that is another thread. It all boils down to the fact that she really is understanding and caring and that all people are created different and special in thir own way and she is trying to handle my CDing. she has not met paula yet, but she almost allowed her to buy a new outfit the other night. lots of small steps, I mean tiny baby steps. Just telling her has made my life a lot easier, I am easier to deal with and I can explore who I am together. I don't have to hide any research material, books, clothing, being on-line, it helps. We don't know where we'll be in a couple of years but at least we are on the road.

Buy a couple of books are read them, try "Crossdressing with Dignity" by Peggy Rudd, it will help you with all of your mixed emotions, At least help explain them a bit. Also get involved here, do a bit of old thread research, find out all you can about CDing.

We all know what you are going through, we have all been there at one time or another. Heck - right now I want to dress 24/7 since telling my wife because it is at the forefront of everything I do and think about. I feel like a kid with a new toy that has to be tried out.

Good Luck,
You will find that you are truely blessed with the best of both worlds, it is just very difficult trying to figure it out.

Kimberly
03-28-2005, 04:53 PM
Ashley;
Heck - right now I want to dress 24/7 since telling my wife because it is at the forefront of everything I do and think about. I feel like a kid with a new toy that has to be tried out.

These feelings, I echo, due to just coming out to my gf. Things look set to become better thanks to my coming out though. :) Hope you find what you want, Ashley

xx

katrinafltg
03-28-2005, 10:37 PM
For most of us purging is as unavoidable as dressing itself. Thankfully we are becoming more and more aware of who we are. I purged last year. I went to Spain and when I came back I moved to a different city. I didn't have internet access for the purpose of not being tempted.

I was at the laundry room of my apartment complex. A female there had left her underthings in one of the washing machines. Almost against my will I took a pair of panties home. It was wrong of me to take them. I would have returned them but I put them on and after pleasing myself I felt it was probably better to keep them. I decided though that I would simply buy my own rather than take what did not belong to me.

I'm back online and now I'm rebuilding my wardrobe. I've learned some important things. I used to think that I could overcome my transgenderism. Or that all I needed was to meet the right woman. But its obvious to me now that these were all lies.

repressing has not made me any happier. And though you might not crossdress you are nonetheless still a crossdresser.

In order for me to not crossdress I would to more or less make myself some kind of a prisoner. So its not the crossdressing that is the prison but the denial.

I've purged several times in the past. And each time I resume I go that much further with it. I think if I purged again my next purchase on resuming would be either hormones or breast implants.

I'm in a new city where I have no family. It is now easier for me to live my life. I'm single and have no kids. So naturally the only obstacle to my dressing fulltime is my job.

Previous to my last purge I took the step of having discrete sexual encounters with a man, a tg and a ts. Now I am less interested in that. I want to socialize and enjoy life as a woman.

Its still exciting but more and more there is a desire to just be feminine. To be free.

I need to go wherever this is taking me. Its been hard to let go. I don't want to be the family member that became a transexual or a drag queen. However we shouldn't deny who we are because we don't want to upset people's narrowminded little views of how life should be lived.

i'm 34 and have never had one single committed long term relationship. I've fallen in love with women but the dressing was alwasy there. And the last woman I was with broke down in tears when she saw me dressed. I'm not ugly by any means but was just so "out there" for her. Check out my female vanity.

I need to experience life more as a female. My male persona has only led me to isolation. I don't even pursue women anymore because I don't want to deal with the whole transgender thing. I just feel that asking a girl out in my male self is a deception. I want them as friends still but my interest in them as lovers is waning.

One of my greatest fears about dressing is that I would wind up alone. That no one would want to be with a nonpassable tg. Men would only want me for torrid one night stands and the like.

I realize now that there is someone out there for everyone. I'm not unlovable. However I feel more comfortable presenting mysefl as a woman. When I go out I just can't be a "guy" and "pick up chicks." its completely against my nature.

Well, this has gone off subject but we are here to share thoughts anyway. I would say that quitting is possible but it involves a lifetime of conflict against oneself. And to what end? It'll never go away. But we all have the right to make choices.

If you feel that the best thing for your life is to quit then that is what you should do. However if you can't make it stick you shouldn't despair. There is a reason and purpose for all things. We are all God's creatures.

Also in the great scheme of things this is not a bad thing. We live in a world of high school shootings, islamic terrorism, Scott Petersons and the like. To my knowledge not one single crossdresser has gone on a murderous rampage. I find us to be sensitive and caring creatures. Most of us want to the best ladies we can be which involves being gentle, affectionate and compassionate.

There are much worse things in life than this. And I think that once we let go of fear and guilt we can recognize that there is something wonderful about what we are going through.

Kimberly
03-29-2005, 04:43 AM
To my knowledge not one single crossdresser has gone on a murderous rampage. I find us to be sensitive and caring creatures. Most of us want to the best ladies we can be which involves being gentle, affectionate and compassionate.

There are much worse things in life than this. And I think that once we let go of fear and guilt we can recognize that there is something wonderful about what we are going through.

Amen. :)

Joan of Art
03-29-2005, 06:15 AM
double amen.

Take it easy,
Joan