PDA

View Full Version : As one sees oneself

Carla4Guage
09-12-2007, 03:19 PM
I have always thought that when I really work at my makeup and dressing that I make a better looking and younger looking person than my male appearance. I was wondering if others felt that way too. I'm not saying that I don't like my male appearance, I just make a better looking female.

Karren H
09-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Well isn't that the whole reason behind makeup after all? If it didn't make people look better than women wouldn't even be using it!! Lol. I seriously doubt you'll find anyone here that says they look better as a male!! I sure don't and like you I'm happy with my male appearence.. And I also think that my crossdressing has enhanced even my male self.. A lot!! Get comments all the time too!! Its a two-fer as far as I'm concerned!!

Karren

jackie_p
09-12-2007, 03:34 PM
I know that I certainly take better care of myself since I started dressing more often and have gotten comments about how much better/younger, etc that I look. I agree with Karren, it's a two fer.

Emily Ann Brown
09-12-2007, 03:52 PM
Dittos on what Karren said.

Emily Ann

Karren H
09-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Dittos on what Karren said.

Emily Ann

WAIT!!!!!! Someone just came to mind that looks better as a guy than a girl...... Just can't remember her name.....

:D

Karren

Tag...........

Eugenie
09-12-2007, 04:14 PM
I have the same feeling...

When in DRAB, I just hate to do anything more that being shaved and clean, wear some clothes, I almost don't care which...

When preparing myself for a "femme" moment, it is all different, I take lots of time to get ready, I am very careful about what I am going to wear and try to match my underwear accordingly. I spend more than an hour for making myself up.

While I spend little time to shop for my DRAB clothes I can spend hours shopping for dresses, skirts, tops and underwear in women's department stores or boutiques...

And yes, all this makes me feel younger...
:hugs:
Eugenie

Darla in Pa.
09-12-2007, 04:23 PM
I sure look and feel better dressed, It's like stepping into a different world the hardest part is my own mind, feeling guilty for feeling so good is just hard for me to accept. But I think I will get used to it. *S*

Satinpeta
09-12-2007, 04:30 PM
I can only agree with you all as I spend a lot more on my CD clothes than my wife spends on shirts for me, I would much ruther have the blouse she is wearing(lol)

BarbaraTalbot
09-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Well isn't that the whole reason behind makeup after all? If it didn't make people look better than women wouldn't even be using it!! Lol. I seriously doubt you'll find anyone here that says they look better as a male!! I sure don't and like you I'm happy with my male appearence.. And I also think that my crossdressing has enhanced even my male self.. A lot!! Get comments all the time too!! Its a two-fer as far as I'm concerned!!

Karren

I dunno, I make an awfully preyty man..:)

Nigella
09-12-2007, 04:41 PM
With or without the make up, I only see me, Nigella.

That might change though when the local cement works get my forumula right :devil:

Angie G
09-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Well I'm sorry to say I don't :hugs:
Angie

Dee Talbot
09-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Being happy with the face you see in the mirror does wonders for ones looks :D If you feel pretty when you are enfemme, then the face that is reflected in the mirror...the face you show the world....will reflect that feeling.

Similar situation with me (not dressing related though :D ). I recently lost a lot of weight. Prior to the weight loss, I didn't like the person I saw in the mirror. I didn't recognize the overweight features, and looked and felt ugly. Now, that I see my face again, I feel pretty. I'm happy.

Dee

ArleneRaquel
09-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Karren is right, darn it, doesn't that girl EVER get anything wrong ! I feel younger and I know I look younger as an Auburn Haired minx. :love: & :hugs: Maureen Welch - Red Lipped Goddess ( & modest )

JULIE33362
09-12-2007, 07:36 PM
But Am A Dam Pretty Girl Feelm Ex Pretty With Makeup

SandyR
09-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Double dito to Karen. I know my dressing has made me more aware of personel things, like keeping nails filed, neat hair, etc.....It all good!

SandyR

RobertaFermina
09-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Roberta comes across much younger....30+.
Bob is 49, looks early mid 40s on a good night's sleep.

I prefer to look younger...wonder what would happen if I could make up to look like Bob at 18....would I prowl the world on the lookout for sweet young things with my sly old mind and hot young body? ..... Duh! PROBABLY !

Anyhow...Being Roberta actually happens and works just fine !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Patty
09-12-2007, 08:04 PM
I go along with Karen also-the fem side has made me take better care of myself. :heehee:

Chantelle CD
09-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Being happy with the face you see in the mirror does wonders for ones looks :D If you feel pretty when you are enfemme, then the face that is reflected in the mirror...the face you show the world....will reflect that feeling.

Similar situation with me (not dressing related though :D ). I recently lost a lot of weight. Prior to the weight loss, I didn't like the person I saw in the mirror. I didn't recognize the overweight features, and looked and felt ugly. Now, that I see my face again, I feel pretty. I'm happy.

Dee

Agree 100%

I think what you feel about yourself resonates outside of you, and people see it, The make up helps a lot, i have noticed this too....but how do you feel that way about the man, when he doesn't have to goodies that the woman does??? Hmmm how bout focusing on it, till that feels natural, then ya don't have to focus on it any more, and then you feel good about the man again.

RylieCD
09-12-2007, 08:40 PM
some of you posted that you dont do too much to your self other than maybe shave your face when in male mode. Well I have not experimented with the makeup myself but why not take care of your skin and hair when in male mode? I know of many males who have nice delicate skin, I have been using lotion latly myself, yes because I first thought it was a "fem" thing and thought it may help with my GID but I am finding that many males take care of themselves and take care of myself is good for my well being.

Genevera
09-12-2007, 09:50 PM
I tend to feel I look better as a female, but to best describe me "I'm good from far, but far from good" LOL

Roxi Loh
09-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Most definitely. Give me the makeup and wig and I will peel the years off. If not...its fun anyway.

Joni Beauman
09-12-2007, 10:34 PM
The odd thing I have noticed is that I feel better about my appearance a few hours into being dressed than right away. Seems the longer I am dressed the more comfortable I am in those shoes. Joni