PDA

View Full Version : Just an Obsevation

Veronica53
09-13-2007, 08:25 AM
Prior to joining this forum I, like a lot of oyhers here felt alone in our passion if I can call it that (not great with words), but as I read the different posts day by day especially the new introductions it completely amazes me how many of us there are here. This is only one site of many, and just how many other CD's are out there who don't know about these forums.

I can tell you without a doubt that I am feeling much better about myself and definately not alone. If these new intros keep comming we may get to be a majority LOL.

:love:Veronica

Rosaliy Lynne
09-13-2007, 09:53 AM
When I first ventured out via the internet, I started encountering a lot of things, and people, I had no idea existed. Like you I was also surprised when I realized how large the tg community is as well as how many variations in people also exist.

I think I will have to add a link in my web site to this forum. Who knows. It might just help a few more fund us.

Daintre
09-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Hi Veronica, like you, I was amazed at the membership here at the Forum. It does make you think that there are so many more stories and lives affected than I ever thought possible. Back in the day, before the net, I was very alone in all of this. Today it is like a whole new world.

Emily Ann Brown
09-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Two examples of how unalone we are actually.......several months back met a sister who was living not a mile from where I was staying every weekend taking care of my daughter (small world), and 6 months ago I was talking to a newfound sister and when asked about a lunch meeting I discovered she was in a similar business and worked 6 blocks away.

Emily Ann

Veronica Fallon
09-13-2007, 04:36 PM
Hi Veronica, this is ummm... Veronica.
I've read from a few different sources that there are (at least) tens of millions of us!! That's an awful lot of closets! I say let's all unite & take over the WORLD, Muah, ha, ha, ha!!! :devil:

Uhhh, I mean peace, luv & all that stuff,

Veronica

Deborah Jane
09-13-2007, 04:41 PM
I say let's all unite & take over the WORLD, Muah, ha, ha, ha!!! :devil:

Veronica

I,m right behind you:D When does the revolution start???

Fab Karen
09-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Don't look to television for information ( whether about TG things or political things ) you won't get it there.
"I want you to get up right now, turn off your tv, go to the window and shout: I'M MAD AS HELL AND I"m NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!"
Remember to vote next year.

Nigella
09-13-2007, 05:00 PM
I've read from a few different sources that there are (at least) tens of millions of us!! That's an awful lot of closets! I say let's all unite & take over the WORLD, Muah, ha, ha, ha!!! :devil:

Veronica

I,m right behind you:D When does the revolution start???

When people get the fear out of their system and come out of the closet into the world around us :2c:

Veronica53
09-13-2007, 05:25 PM

Veronica

Hmmm tens of millions now I feel crowded not alone LOL.

Veronica too

Sinthia
09-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Tens of millions . . . That must make the panties, bras and dress manufacturers VERY happy

Veronica 1
09-13-2007, 07:38 PM
I wore panties and hose for years, just for the kinky aspect of it, I thought. Then one day I bought a slip to use for a photographic light box but I had to try it on first. Well, I still have the slip. It just felt so good that I ended up raiding the charity drop off box to find womens clothing to try on. Then, I found this site and now my whole life has changed, for the better. I now know that I am not alone and that what I do is not bad, sick, or perverted. I totally agree with Veronica that it is wonderful that we get so many new members and I only hope that they find the same fulfillment that I have. :hugs:

charlie-50
09-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Prior to joining this forum I, like a lot of oyhers here felt alone in our passion if I can call it that (not great with words), but as I read the different posts day by day especially the new introductions it completely amazes me how many of us there are here. This is only one site of many, and just how many other CD's are out there who don't know about these forums.

I can tell you without a doubt that I am feeling much better about myself and definately not alone. If these new intros keep comming we may get to be a majority LOL.

Ill half to say ive been serfin web pretty strong on this preticular subject. and what ive seen is some folks are looking some thing different than whats on this site. like ive told several people about this site and they showed no intrest at all about it.and what im saying by that is some people come here to talk to others with simular lifestyles/hobbys while others go to other sites for more provocative reasons ....charlie...:hugs:

SandyR
09-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Welcome to the family hun. Sit down and stay a spell...

Hugs.

SandyR

Paulette
09-14-2007, 01:34 AM
This forum is where I got the courage to venture out of the house in femme and I have not looked back.

Sheri 4242
09-14-2007, 02:13 AM
Prior to joining this forum I, like a lot of oyhers here felt alone in our passion

So many of us grew up thinking, "Am I the only one?"

Instinctively you kind of know you aren't, but also by instinct, many of us go through a great part of life thinking this has to be kept a deep, closeted secret. The internet has certainly opened important lines of communication for us! Even as we increasingly know we are not alone, the internet is frequently where we receive confirmation and affirmation!!! Even with the internet, when I married my seond wife (c. 14 years ago -- we met over the internet and were both "early" computer users) I still hadn't made any personal contacts. I did know, though, that I wasn't going into any committed relationship with "my secret." Never told my first wife -- and that was wrong for me, her and our marriage. It never came out and had nothing to do with our divorce, but I instinctively knew that if I was going to have a completely open and honest relationship, that I was going to have to tell my second wife before we got married (I actually told her when we were getting "engagement" minded). She is, as some of you know from past postings, very accepting, but I've got to tell you that without the internet, she may have never gotten to the mindset she is at currently. The internet, and the information available, helped her grow -- and it helped me, grow, too!!!

Tens of millions . . . That must make the panties, bras and dress manufacturers VERY happy

Well, you do know what Victoria's secret is don't you??? (Hint, the founder wasn't Victoria, but rather Victor -- h'mmmmm, maybe we could make a movie with a play on that name?!!! :lol2: You know, "Victor und Victoria" -- oh forget it! :heehee: )

All joking aside, I have long felt that many manufacturers of bras, panties, etc. are well aware that they aren't selling to just gg's. Capitalism at its best -- it is what makes the VS catalogue so welcome!!! As Jeff Foxworthy says about the VS catalogues, "God bless America." Since we, on this forum, are an international community, maybe we should just say, "God bless Victoria's real secret." :D

Jazzmine
09-14-2007, 02:38 AM
It seems that CDs are everywhere on the web, it is a great place to discover you are not alone because you can do it anonymously. It's a great comfort to know that you are not the only one with this (lovely but weird) compulsion.

It's a bit like in the Close Encounters movie where 1000's of unrelated people turn up with the same obsession not knowing why they are there!

In reality, around your neighbourhood, their are probably many closet CDrs but who would fervently deny it if accused of it. It's because there is so much (currently) to lose by coming out that most stay rigid(ly) in the closet!

I nearly got busted by a mate a few months ago when he just walked in the front door without knocking - I ran from room to room stripping off and stuffing clothes in things then finally appeared with a towel I'd luckily found on the way. I bloody near had a heart attack!
But it goes to show just how much it means to us to (a) actually take the risk in the first place and (b) make sure we stay in the closet.

It's funny though, the more you CD the more you think "Why do I have to hide this when it makes me feel so damn good!?" After a while you want people to know so you can just get on with feeling good about it.

My prediction is that one day soon the big CD secret will be out big time and girl-time will be a common past-time or full-time for many more men (and vice versa for woman).

Can't wait!
Hugs Jazzmine

faltenrock
09-14-2007, 02:45 AM
I'm also amazed about the number of people who share my CD ing. So glad to have found this site - it took a few years to find it, strange....

When I tell my wife that there are thousands of millions of us, she just doesn't believe me and is still thinking, I'm just pervers and hopes it will go away by time. She is considering herself as the most normal person/woman.

My Lady Marsea
09-14-2007, 02:57 AM
I just love this site. It feels sooo good to just read all the info and obsevations here and know almost exactly what others are feeling. I was already out and about but now even wearing stuff I would have never considered a couple of months back. I've went dressed to almost all my friends, presented Marsea and answered all questions with no embarresment (so far) and have left each with a you are welcome back any time. Some have even given me little pieces of jewelry which I treasure. Any one new I meet I give them the name Marsea to call me. It will be real interesting when I open up my store again for the season (November) and see what reactions I get then from customers both old & new. I have hopefully prepared myself for that one time that I am sure is going to come and will just shrug it off 'cause you can't please everyone all the time and just walk off in my dressy high heels and wearing my shoulder purse proudly. I owe it all to the other girls on this site. Thanks all of you.

Melora
09-14-2007, 05:32 AM
I thank Melissa, http://www.melissacd.com For getting me into this place, AND I THANK HER, every day! I love this place!, = NO, I am NOT ALONE!

VERONICARH
09-14-2007, 06:30 AM
When I found this site I was amased how many of us were out there. I don't think I'm crazy anymore. Love this site.

Lawren
09-14-2007, 06:30 AM

Perhaps it's time for someone to start a "Crossdressers Anonymous" group.

Veronica53
09-14-2007, 07:53 AM
It seems that CDs are everywhere on the web, it is a great place to discover you are not alone because you can do it anonymously. It's a great comfort to know that you are not the only one with this (lovely but weird) compulsion.

It's a bit like in the Close Encounters movie where 1000's of unrelated people turn up with the same obsession not knowing why they are there!

In reality, around your neighbourhood, their are probably many closet CDrs but who would fervently deny it if accused of it. It's because there is so much (currently) to lose by coming out that most stay rigid(ly) in the closet!

I nearly got busted by a mate a few months ago when he just walked in the front door without knocking - I ran from room to room stripping off and stuffing clothes in things then finally appeared with a towel I'd luckily found on the way. I bloody near had a heart attack!
But it goes to show just how much it means to us to (a) actually take the risk in the first place and (b) make sure we stay in the closet.

It's funny though, the more you CD the more you think "Why do I have to hide this when it makes me feel so damn good!?" After a while you want people to know so you can just get on with feeling good about it.

My prediction is that one day soon the big CD secret will be out big time and girl-time will be a common past-time or full-time for many more men (and vice versa for woman).

Can't wait!
Hugs Jazzmine

Ireally look forward to the day your prediction comes true, although I may be to old to really enjoy it.
:hugs:Veronica

Veronica53
09-14-2007, 08:04 AM
Perhaps it's time for someone to start a "Crossdressers Anonymous" group.

Now that could be fun, we could take turns so that meetings could be held all over the world as it appears that it is a worldwide phoenonomin. Now all we have to do is figure out how to make it a tax deduction LOL.

:hugs:Veronica

Kate Simmons
09-14-2007, 08:33 AM
Perhaps it's time for someone to start a "Crossdressers Anonymous" group.Hey that sounds neat. I would be very happy to participate in such a CA group. Although in my case, it would probably be more of a CYA group.:heehee:

Christine St James
09-14-2007, 09:02 AM
Hey that sounds neat. I would be very happy to participate in such a CA group. Although in my case, it would probably be more of a CYA group.:heehee:

How would that work?

When standing up in the circle and doing introductions, would I have to say "Hi, my name is Christine and I'm the female alter-ego of $boyName," or would I have to say "Hi, my name is $boyName and I'm a crossdresser"?

Just curious is all.

Mitch23
09-14-2007, 09:09 AM
Through other sites I have signed up to, I have found hundreds in my own area which is fairly rural. Many do not seem to go out or to be interested in personal contact. Any i thought i was the only one with this 'guilty little secret'

Mitch

StephanieH
09-14-2007, 09:39 AM
There's definitely some comfort in knowing others share this same little diversion, I agree with you on that one! I suppose I always knew others were out there, but until I stumbled upon this forum, I had no idea how many others there were. And it helps me to know that if there are this many of "us" on just this forum, how many others are out there who don't get into forums or computer stuff like this?

I think the number of guys who are really into this are a lot higher than I ever imagined before. Take care all! :happy:

Donna Marie
09-14-2007, 09:47 AM
Like all of you, I was astonished to find how many of us there are. I am certainly more CD-aware than I was. The other day I was watching some guy on TV and thinking he would definitely look good as woman and wondering if he was a CD in fact.

Marcie Sexton
09-14-2007, 10:05 AM
I agree, with out the internet I would pretty much be on an island alone...

While we are slowly gaining acceptance with in "main stream" society, for the most part we are still looked at as freaks.

I approached a state new paper and inquired with one of the reporters about doing an article about the transgender reveloution. While he listened, you could tell by his consending voice that he like the majority of the people still have yet to take us seriously...

Melinda G
09-14-2007, 10:43 AM
The CDers here, are probably only a fraction of what's out there.

Veronica53
09-14-2007, 12:07 PM
There's definitely some comfort in knowing others share this same little diversion, I agree with you on that one! I suppose I always knew others were out there, but until I stumbled upon this forum, I had no idea how many others there were. And it helps me to know that if there are this many of "us" on just this forum, how many others are out there who don't get into forums or computer stuff like this?

I think the number of guys who are really into this are a lot higher than I ever imagined before. Take care all! :happy:

New Oleans eh I'm going to be down that way in late Feb know of any real authentic Cajun restaraunts doesn' have to be in the city,would like to find a place with good food and music,blues,acadian,zydeco.

:drink:Veronica

Bobbie Jo
09-14-2007, 12:14 PM
I just love it...I don't feel alone anymore eather...I just love it..lol..

BarbaraTalbot
09-14-2007, 01:45 PM
How would that work?

When standing up in the circle and doing introductions, would I have to say "Hi, my name is Christine and I'm the female alter-ego of $boyName," or would I have to say "Hi, my name is $boyName and I'm a crossdresser"?

Just curious is all.
Simple:

HI!, I am Barbara, and am a recovering shame-aholic. It has been three weeks since I felt compelled to dress in drab clothing at a time when I really wanted to express my feminine side. I am working on becoming rigorously honest about my feelings and motivations regarding textile selection. Today, I am feeling..umm..pretty! I am working on Integrity this week. I am trying to integrate my male and female based wardrobes in a way that showcases my self acceptance.

Problem for me is I'd then have to rush from that meeting to compulsive shoppers metting.

Roxi Loh
09-14-2007, 11:39 PM
Ditto everything. I love to feel that warmth of the girls here and the knowledge that they bring. It has made me feel stronger.

SusanMarie
09-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Words do not fully express how wonderful this forum is!

Carol123
09-19-2007, 01:28 AM
Now what we really need is a crossdressing president

christina marie
09-19-2007, 05:20 AM
Hillary is campaining, maybe we could get bill mowing the whitehouse lawn in french maid outfit? a proper payback for that whole monica thingy?