PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Lingerie

LindaLeeColby
03-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Vintage Lingerie... Retro clothing

How many, by a show of hands, love buying the retro or vintage lingerie? Some time back I found a delightful sea foam green baby doll set on Ebay and was instantly bitten by that new bug. As it happens, it was a peach colored baby doll set that bit me so long ago so clearly there is a link. Since then I've been collecting (in a modest way) vintage lingerie. I have just recently found a very cute bed jacket in a quilted pink nylon. I suppose age has much to do with this but then again, perhaps not. Baby dolls are delightfully fashionable even by todays standards. You?

Kisses and hugs
Linda Lee

Priscilla1018
03-24-2005, 01:07 PM
I love baby dolls and have a lovely kelly green one that was made for me by a woman in Florida.It reminds me of when I first started dressing 46 years ago.I also adore old bloomers and Victorian knickers that come well below the knee.The problem is finding them in nylon or silk.I hate cotton.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

tricot gal
03-24-2005, 02:17 PM
Yes, I love vintage lingerie, Linda Lee. In January I purchased a pair of black nylon full cut briefs on e-bay. They are vintage/retro and I like them very much, especially because of the fit and the pretty lace on the legs. They remind me of the first pair of nylon panties that I wore over forty years ago. Ah sweet memories.

Cissy Suzie
03-24-2005, 05:20 PM
I don't have baby dolls but I do have a couple of vintage teddies and an all in one OB girdle with 6 garters, they are all old store stock I bought on eBay. :D

Also my currently very favorite piece of lingerie ever ... it too is old store stock ... brand new ... a black Van Raalte full slip ... it is so short I can wear it with little skirts that are like 19 to 20 inches long. It is just yummy !

And now in an act of utterly shameless self promotion, I will post this pic one more time. I took it last Sunday ... it shows the slip I mentioned. :p
http://www.geocities.com/cissysuzie/vanraltte2.jpg

LindaLeeColby
03-24-2005, 06:35 PM
I love baby dolls and have a lovely kelly green one that was made for me by a woman in Florida.It reminds me of when I first started dressing 46 years ago.I also adore old bloomers and Victorian knickers that come well below the knee.The problem is finding them in nylon or silk.I hate cotton.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Grandmother wore these lavish nylon bloomers that were ribboned at the hem. They were in an attic chest when I discovered them. I took and wore two pair thinking them perfect as slips under pants. They were. Love the bloomer style panties that went with the baby dolls as well.

Squeeze
Linda Lee

LindaLeeColby
03-24-2005, 06:38 PM
Yes, I love vintage lingerie, Linda Lee. In January I purchased a pair of black nylon full cut briefs on e-bay. They are vintage/retro and I like them very much, especially because of the fit and the pretty lace on the legs. They remind me of the first pair of nylon panties that I wore over forty years ago. Ah sweet memories.

Definitely panties with a nylon gusset (spelling?). Those were the days when cotton lining was still on the drawing board. Those were the days when panties were panties. Oh yes, the memories.... I'm having one now!

Squeeze
Linda Lee

LindaLeeColby
03-24-2005, 06:42 PM
I don't have baby dolls but I do have a couple of vintage teddies and an all in one OB girdle with 6 garters, they are all old store stock I bought on eBay.

Also my currently very favorite piece of lingerie ever ... it too is old store stock ... brand new ... a black Van Raalte full slip ... it is so short I can wear it with little skirts that are like 19 to 20 inches long. It is just yummy !

And now in an act of utterly shameless self promotion, I will post this pic one more time. I took it last Sunday ... it shows the slip I mentioned. :p
http://www.geocities.com/cissysuzie/vanraltte2.jpg

Very pretty! What is it about the color black? Black slips and panties are silkier or seem to be. I'm wondering if it's the dye that makes it so or my imagination? Anyway, there are few slips (with the exception of perhaps taffeta) as sensuous. I wonder as well if group hugs in black lingerie would be beneficial or perhaps therapeutic. :rolleyes:

That was a nice gesture sharing that picture.

Squeeze
Linda Lee

Robertacd
03-24-2005, 06:55 PM
I found the most awsome half slip at the Goodwill. It is a Sears brand, must be 70's vintage. They don't make them like this anymore. The nylon is a much higher quality, smoother and silkier than that flimsy Antron III they use now. One side is even double layered! Its by far my favorite slip.

tricot gal
03-24-2005, 07:07 PM
Suzie, that is a great pic of you! The Van Raalte black slip is very pretty. You obviously made a very good purchase.

Linda Lee--unfortunately that panty had a white cotton gusset in it. Like you apparently, I adore double sheer nylon gussets in my panties. Recently I bought two pairs of sheer nylon black panties, one a brief and the other a tap panty. They have beautiful lace on them and are they gorgeous! Do you have any panties like that?

Cissy Suzie
03-24-2005, 07:21 PM
I found the most awsome half slip at the Goodwill. It is a Sears brand, must be 70's vintage. They don't make them like this anymore. The nylon is a much higher quality, smoother and silkier than that flimsy Antron III they use now. One side is even double layered! Its by far my favorite slip.

Those double layered slips are called shadow panels because they are meant to preserve the modesty of a lady wearing a too too sheer dress with the slip underneath ... of course those slips are just to die for ! :p

Aloha_Dana
03-24-2005, 08:08 PM
You ladies have me breathing hard...

Suzie, you look awesome in that slip!

Last year I bought two items one shaper girdle the other similar but considered just a garter, both w/wide-strap: one six and one eight strap. Hook and eye, boned, lined - classy. They go super w/my 5" babydoll pumps.

Gave it a go to see if I could find the web site where I bought them, but no luck.

LindaLeeColby
03-24-2005, 10:14 PM
...Linda Lee--unfortunately that panty had a white cotton gusset in it. Like you apparently, I adore double sheer nylon gussets in my panties. Recently I bought two pairs of sheer nylon black panties, one a brief and the other a tap panty. They have beautiful lace on them and are they gorgeous! Do you have any panties like that?

Tap panties are Divine or very close since I have visions when I wear them. I do favor those over briefs. That is to say on top of briefs actually. Sort of a slip with legs when I wear pants.

Cuddles
Linda Lee

mmandy31
03-24-2005, 10:39 PM
I love vintage clothing.
love to wear older panties from the fifties and girdles :D :D :D

jade lee
03-25-2005, 08:01 AM
I m into the 50/60 panties/girdles, but you know it is hard to find the tights from then.