PDA

View Full Version : That time of year

susancheerleader
09-13-2007, 06:53 PM
It is that time of year when "long pants" start becomming the normal here.
I was shaving my leggs all of last winter (Wow, I miss that feeling) I stoped in March so my "hair" would grow before I started wearing shorts in late April. (I work in a rather hot restaurant kitchen.)
I'm still not at the point yet, to start shaving my legs again. Maybe in October.

I'm wondering when you all start shaving YOUR legs. (Assuming you are like me, and worry about "causing a commotion" if you are seen with shaved leggs.)

ArleneRaquel
09-13-2007, 06:58 PM
[QUOTE=susancheerleader;1007979

I'm wondering when you all start shaving YOUR legs. (Assuming you are like me, and worry about "causing a commotion" if you are seen with shaved leggs.)[/QUOTE]

I shave my legs the year around. I love the Summertime when I am able to walk around in my short shorts and cause a commotion. :love: & :hugs: Maureen Welch - A Commotion in Motion

Jamie001
09-13-2007, 06:59 PM
I don't understand why you stop shaving you legs in the sprint and summer. I know of some women that stop shaving their legs in the winter because they wear slacks and their legs are not on display. Why do you stop shaving in sprint if your legs are on display in sprint and summer in either shorts or skirts? It doesn't make sense to me.

:2c: Jamie

It is that time of year when "long pants" start becomming the normal here.
I was shaving my leggs all of last winter (Wow, I miss that feeling) I stoped in March so my "hair" would grow before I started wearing shorts in late April. (I work in a rather hot restaurant kitchen.)
I'm still not at the point yet, to start shaving my legs again. Maybe in October.

I'm wondering when you all start shaving YOUR legs. (Assuming you are like me, and worry about "causing a commotion" if you are seen with shaved leggs.)

audrey-lynn
09-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Well this summer I shaved them all summer for the 1st time. I even got brave and went out in public with shorts on. Only comment was from my S/O about how white my legs were.

Tina Dixon
09-13-2007, 07:18 PM
When the furness kicks on I start shaving, seems the dry air makes my legs itch to the point I scratch till I bleed, so off goes the hair so the lotions goes on easier, seem my wife buys the idea.

Karren H
09-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Yesterday... Shaved my entire body.. Feels great.. And I stop in May.. Need 4 weeks to get male passable again..

Karren

Patty
09-13-2007, 08:22 PM
Started about year and a half ago-legs shaved year around (wear shorts at work) whole body now and love the feel.
:love:

Keely
09-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Still too chicken to shave them all year. Few more weeks and the epilator comes out and hair goes. I do keep them trimmed up pretty short though.

LaurenS.
09-13-2007, 08:35 PM
As was mentioned in an earlier post, Sept. is the start of the CD season. I start shaving my body Sept 1st and stop in April. It's always such a euphoric feeling to rid myself of all that male hair and become feminine again!! Everything feels so wonderful against smooth shaven skin. I wouldn't dare shave year round.
LaurenS.:happy:

sissystephanie
09-13-2007, 09:35 PM
I shave my legs and all the front side of my body, including armpits, all year long. I have done so for quite some time. Can't stand hairy legs, even though it is very fine and not thick if I let it grow at all. Don't shave my back or arms because there is hardly any hair there anyway. Never has been. BTW, I wear shorts, skorts or even skirts most of the time in spring and summer. Not passing, just being feminine!:happy:

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes

sami1952
09-13-2007, 09:45 PM
I keep mine shaved year round,I have gotten so used to having them shaved it don't brother me no more.

TeriAnn
09-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Well I shave my legs about 3 times a week. I don't worry about what others think and if they ask I simply tell them to mind ther own business. They are your legs if you want to go hairless it is your choice. Don't let someone make you think you are bad or silly or whatever they can come up with. Mine stay shaved 24/7/365. Happy shaving

TeriAnn
09-13-2007, 09:56 PM
I shave my legs and all the front side of my body, including armpits, all year long. I have done so for quite some time. Can't stand hairy legs, even though it is very fine and not thick if I let it grow at all. Don't shave my back or arms because there is hardly any hair there anyway. Never has been. BTW, I wear shorts, skorts or even skirts most of the time in spring and summer. Not passing, just being feminine!:happy:

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes
All I can say to that is you go girl

Veronica 1
09-13-2007, 11:37 PM
I shave everything, it just feels so good. I do not care if someone notices, I just tell them that I do it because I like it.

Sheri 4242
09-14-2007, 12:38 AM

Now, Susan! A good cheerleader always keeps her legs and pits shaved!!! :D

Personally, I shave my legs and pits year-round! I shave my chest when it is required for what I may be wearing for some special event, like when I got to be the bride when my wife and I did a vow renewal in Las Vegas. I keep my arms shaved spring, summer, and fall, in part for looks and in part for an itching skin condition that crops up twice a year for some strange reason. Usually let my arms go during the winter just b/c it is one less thing to do!

Delila
09-14-2007, 01:09 AM
I recently went of vacation with my mother in law with shaved legs. She said nothing after that I intend to keep them shaved year round.

Carla4Guage
09-14-2007, 12:34 PM
I've been shaving it all since the first of the year. My SO shaves my back for me (her only help/OK of my CD image). Maybe one day she will be more acceptiing.

I've had some looks when in shorts from my golfing buddies, but I've actually had more comments about an ankle bracelet that I wear than about the clean shaven legs. I made a joke about my bracelet being for my spouse to monitor my whereabouts LOL

Donna Marie
09-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Been keeping my arms, legs, & upper chest shaved for several years now and I have never had one comment or funny look. Even wore my shorts to Wednesday dinner at church at times and nary a hint of a problem. Of course, I am an old gal/guy with more than a few signs of age and sun on my skin, so who would take a close look?

kassandra richard
09-14-2007, 01:14 PM
When the furness kicks on I start shaving, seems the dry air makes my legs itch to the point I scratch till I bleed, so off goes the hair so the lotions goes on easier, seem my wife buys the idea.

Tina, that's the same reason I give, except in the desert called Calgary I need to do it year round. My wife, after finding out this past weekend that I CD (whole 'nother story :( ) wanted me to stop shaving altogether. I've told her I will, but that I haven't stopped with my legs for this very reason. Besides, when/if I start seriously on my bike again, I want to be smooth for my inevitable crashes.

Kassandra

kassandra richard
09-14-2007, 01:58 PM
Funny story too...

A year or so after we were married, I was taking a shower after riding home on my bike. Seems I got it in my head to shave my legs and so I proceeded to do (had only done it once before). Anyway, my wife calls me to say that we're leaving to head for her parents' place and I've only got the left leg done to the knee. So I jump out of the shower, get dressed and we leave. Later that night my wife (who normally sleeps on my right) crosses her leg over and feels my left leg is somewhat bare. I started laughing when she asked if that what was taking me so long in the bathroom earlier. I told her when she called me that I had needed more time :)

Kassandra

Ruth
09-14-2007, 05:37 PM
I kept my legs shaved all summer. If anybody noticed they didn't say. I was in shorts quite often. It helps if you get a tan early in the season.
My wife is not totally happy with the shaved look, but she admits that it does not seem to be noticed by anybody but her.

Jamie001
09-14-2007, 06:38 PM
I don't understand why some women seem to like hair. IMHO, Hair on body parts other than the head is downright ugly! If your wife wants you to stop shaving your legs, tell her that she also needs to stop shaving her legs. What's fair is fair!