PDA

View Full Version : Out to daughter

Lora Olivia
09-13-2007, 08:02 PM
hey gurls

just had to share with you because I am so super exstatic that I am now out to my 27 yr old daughter and she is soooo accepting....she peed off that she wasn't the 1st to know but we can work on that, she now understands why dad was the 1 to get up and do her hair and things when she was pre and in teen, why dad was the one to have those "girl" talks about fem things and ummm sex...she knows about this site and if she does post here please give her a warm welcome....:hugs: lora's daughter and thanks girls and guy's (this is for kieron and capt lex) 2 guys i really admire...cheers ya'll :drink:

Cherry Lynn
09-13-2007, 08:20 PM
I came out to my 27 year old daughter about a month ago and she is very accepting also. Kids will surprise you sometimes.

LaurenS.
09-13-2007, 08:41 PM
I think it's wonderful that you could tell her and she's accepting. My daughter is 21 and I just don't want her to know. I feel it would destroy her image of me and it's just not the legacy I want to leave her. It took great courage for you to tell her and I admire that but for me, I just don't think I could do it. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
LaurenS.

Marcie Sexton
09-13-2007, 09:01 PM
There is nothing better than having your family privy to your dressing...

Although my wife knows and supports me, I have not yet come out to my son. We have managed to educate himin some manners, but I don't think he is quite ready to see dad in a mini skirt...

Wenda
09-13-2007, 09:11 PM
.. My daughter is 21 and I just don't want her to know. I feel it would destroy her image of me and it's just not the legacy I want to leave her. It took great courage for you to tell her and I admire that but for me, I just don't think I could do it. LaurenS.
A reasonable point of view Lauren, but in a weak (inspired?) moment, I shared my 'hobby' with my then-26 year-old daughter. She was very matter-of-fact about it, and eventually shared with me that her older brother also dressed. ( Looked disturbingly like my ex when dressed, but friends of hers who have seen pics of me en femme comment on how much she looks like me, Dad or Wenda).
My son and I then chatted on line about it. I also have two younger boys, both adult. Both know. One used to dress, but dropped it. He is a very big guy and looking femme just got too challenging. The youngest, now 21, found my closest door open with a dozen pairs of women's shoes in a nice neat holder, and asked his older bother about it. I apologized for the surprise, and he replied, 'no big thing. He knows people who do. He doen't, but doesn't care either way.'
We have shared pics, but never been dressed in person, which I think speaks to your point on legacy. Although our family has had some misadventues, I have come to cherish the fact that my kids hold many fond memories of 'Dad', complete with failures and inadequacies (I felt at the time), and have no wish to have Wenda in those images. On the other hand, they accept Wenda as some sort of distant colleague, not family, but not someone you would be horrified meet at some point. Perhaps my experience is very fortunate, but I can see that both realities can exist simultaneously.
I no longer worry about the "Bridges of Madison County" scenario, where my kids come to clean out Dad's stuff and discover 11 pairs of breast forms, 40 pairs of shoes, a dozen pairs of hooker boots, etc.
If Wenda hasn't passed on, they won't be surprised or hurt by the feeling of deceit or dishonesty. What they saw was what they asked for. The rest was left on the shelf, for later, by consensus.
All the best, wenda.

Sheri 4242
09-14-2007, 03:15 AM
Of my four children, one knows and is way cool with it!!! I can dress freely in front of her!!! (She isn't very girly, and it is an unspoken joke between my wife, this daughter, and me, that when she needed clothes for a relative's funeral, she borrowed dresses, slips and shoes from me!)

Of the other three, one "sort of knows." IOW, they know, apparently are ok with it, but equally as apparent, don't want to talk about it -- which is okay -- all things with time!

The next of the children (actually, I'm doing this out of order -- this one is the oldest) claims to be the most open-minded person in the world, but is actually one of the least open-minded people I know!!! We've joked about CDing around her, and her opinion has always been very vocally negative.

The youngest (who is 24) also claims to be open-minded, but is VERY intolerant!!! She probably has some idea about my CDing, but this child is not only intolerant, she is mean-spirited and VERY uptight. Her mother said not too long ago that we could give her a piece of coal, tell her where to put it, and by morning have a diamond!!! Therefore, we have given up on telling her -- in fact, we have decided it best to dissuade her from any confirmation!!!

A reasonable point of view Lauren, but in a weak (inspired?) moment, I shared my 'hobby' with my then-26 year-old daughter. She was very matter-of-fact about it, and eventually shared with me that her older brother also dressed. ( Looked disturbingly like my ex when dressed, but friends of hers who have seen pics of me en femme comment on how much she looks like me, Dad or Wenda).

Resemblences to family can be unnerving, to say the least! For years and years people have said my oldest looked like my ex. I have always said that I saw the maternal side of my relatives in her, not my ex's family. That said, when the photo was taken that is my current avatar, those that know were all astounded and astonished!!! My oldest daughter looks just like a younger version of me -- more naturally feminine, of course, but still all doubts about what side of the family she resembles are gone!!!

Melora
09-14-2007, 04:52 AM
After reading this, I WONDER? Are kids now a'Days becoming more excepting of CDing than their earlier counterparts from earlier times? I think that this is a good thread question..Then so be it..

Mitch23
09-14-2007, 09:17 AM
My impression is that they are way more accepting of differentness in any way shape or form than my generation were

Mitch

Sally24
09-14-2007, 07:51 PM
What is with the magic number 27? I told my 27 yr. old daughter a couple of months ago too. She has been great and we do borrow clothing back and forth. She even started calling me Mom when we were out at the club with the girls. Had a young man get a little close and pushy and she said "That's my Mom behind you!"

Carol A
09-15-2007, 08:15 AM
My only daughter who is 40 is the only child who knows as her mother told her one day and all she wanted to know is if I wanted the operation (NO). Her reply was ok thats cool, now my 3 sons who only see their bad ass combat paratrooper father as a motcho guy would die if they knew.:mad: