PDA

View Full Version : For those of you worried about your height...

nikki_t
09-13-2007, 10:17 PM
This may make you feel better - she's only 12 years old...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=481706&in_page_id=1770&ito=1490

Nikki

ErikaLeigh
09-14-2007, 01:21 AM
WOW, I guess 6'1" isnt all that bad for me then. :eek:

Chantelle CD
09-14-2007, 02:30 AM
Well... I am still taller than she is...by 1 inch <cry> Thats what gives me away the most, ohh and my big nose, and my man jowls, and my, and my, and my <giggles>

erickka
09-14-2007, 07:12 AM
Guess I'm lucky to be only 5'6" tall. I love to wear 5"pumps and boots, thus, with my vertically challenged stature, I don't look out of the ordinary. It is also great for making a leggy look to above the knee skirts! Higher heels are also a rush to wear, feel extra sexy, and accentuate my hip action, forcing smaller steps, making my walk look even more realistic.

Vicky_Scot
09-14-2007, 07:21 AM
6'2" her in my stocking soles.

6'5 or more in my boots and heels.

Whats the problem?

I love being a tall gurl.

nikki_t
09-14-2007, 08:19 AM
Well, either way, I won't be stealing any candy from that girl any time soon. :heehee:

Wenda
09-14-2007, 09:25 AM
I am 6'1", and have met a few girls taller than me, and found they were mostly very attractive. My daughter is 6', and her biggest challenge was avoiding short guys that were infatuated with a tall woman. The thing that I find unattractive is a tall girls who has developed a permanent slouch to minimze her height. Poor misguided things. w.

Marla S
09-14-2007, 09:34 AM
This may make you feel better - she's only 12 years old...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=481706&in_page_id=1770&ito=1490

Nikki
Doesn't make me feel better.:sad:
Her life is probably no fun and I guess she'll get a lot of stares, and mocking. And it won't get better if she starts dating.

I hope it will work out well for her.

Marcie Sexton
09-14-2007, 09:49 AM
I know the feeling, I'm 6'7"

nikki_t
09-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Doesn't make me feel better.:sad:
Her life is probably no fun and I guess she'll get a lot of stares, and mocking. And it won't get better if she starts dating.

I hope it will work out well for her.

Well I'm not sure how it is in Germany but I've always found tall women VERY attractive. There's something sexy about a tall woman. My S.O. is 6 feet tall.

Dita_B
09-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Well that makes one more of us... I know for a fact that there are a lot of tall girls in countries like Sweden, Denmark, Holland and Germany...The nordic European countries. So I don't feel bad about my 6'-1.5" on bare feet. I am 6'-5.5" on my heels and it attracts some more stares, but I don't really care anymore... I just tell myself, when I see that they are doing it again, that they do it because they think I am pretty... Does that make me a Brat......?

But the thrill of walking on heels is just too exhilarating to be bothered by the stares... Nowadays when I see it I just smile at them...

And Chantelle, I LOVE that (avatar) picture of you in the chair, I find you very feminine and pretty in it and I would not worry about such petty things such as noses and so. I have one (nose) too and you know what? Your pretty smile attracts way more attention than your nose could ever do... I'd go to the Mall with you anytime when you look like that. ... and I'd walk proudly next to you...

So please quit putting yourself down and talking about what's not ideal at you because you've got tons of features that are really very pretty...

Lotsa love :love: Dita.

TG-Taru
09-14-2007, 11:30 AM
there are a lot of tall girls in countries like...

Add Finland :)
I used to be pretty tall at 6'1 when I was young(er ;)), but for years I see more of taller people, many of them women and girls. It's not just crossdressers that can't find tall/long/big enough clothes and shoes these days.

Karren H
09-14-2007, 11:34 AM
I never felt bad about my height berfore I read that... lol

nikki_t
09-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Add Finland :)
I used to be pretty tall at 6'1 when I was young(er ;)), but for years I see more of taller people, many of them women and girls. It's not just crossdressers that can't find tall/long/big enough clothes and shoes these days.

Now somebody please tell me these tall cute scandinavian women have really deep voices. If so, I'm putting on a Swedish accent the next time I go out and I'll be sorted. :D

Marla S
09-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Well I'm not sure how it is in Germany but I've always found tall women VERY attractive. There's something sexy about a tall woman. My S.O. is 6 feet tall.
Well, I guess it doesn't matter to her what you and I find sexy.
She's 'outstanding' (that's why this article was written) and she's 'outstanding' not by choice. This usually causes problems (identity wise).
I do hope she's strong enough and gets enough support to resist the comments and stares (and articles) by those that find a 12 years old girl of 6ft 2in a curiosity, which I guess is the majority.

BarbaraTalbot
09-14-2007, 01:05 PM
So as it is just as bad for a boy to be short and/or skinny as far as peer pressure as it it is for a girl to be tall or heavy,I empathize with her. She seems to have a smile about it. I'm happy she seems to cope well.

I was tiny until age 17 when I EXPLODED in height to the dizzying height of 5'&7" Wen I finally hit 5" 7.5 I rounded up. Really weird after years of barely being satisfied with my height and weight to want to be shorter and thinner now. When I finally grew it was all torso. At one time I was 4' 11" tall 72 lbs and had a 28" inseam. I gained 8-9 inches in height but only 2 inches in leg. Yay for 4" heels!
l
I have said this before but you more statuesque, leggy girls really challenge my preconceived notions about why I felt and people said I looked feminine. I thought it was a lot about my size, but obviously it is a lot more complex. Personally I think if you are tall and all legs, people are mostly agape at the great legs. I know I would be.

nikki_t
09-14-2007, 01:14 PM
Some interesting comments about all this. The girl does look happy in the pic and she says she's mostly happy to be that tall. But, as Marla and Barb both pointed out, there's a downside to everything.

Also, note the single comment posted on the news article: it's from a girl complaining about not being tall enough.

I guess the only conclusion one can draw from this is that nobody can ever be truly 100% happy with themselves. I know I'm not.

MsJanessa
09-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Well... I am still taller than she is...by 1 inch <cry> Thats what gives me away the most, ohh and my big nose, and my man jowls, and my, and my, and my <giggles>

Hon I wouldn't worry about your height---if your face photo is really you and I'm assuming it is, you look stunning--and then I've always had a thing for tall girls--lol