PDA

View Full Version : ? for those with pets

Deborah Jane
09-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Hi, everyone!! Just a question? How many of us with pets find they act differently when we are dressed as our other persona? I have a spaniel and when i,m in drab he leaps around and wants to play rough. Yet when i,m en femme he is much calmer and is quite content to sit at my side resting his head on my lap while i watch t/v or go on the computer. If i get up to go somewhere he will happily trot along beside me. I just wandered if anyone else has similar reactions from their pets!!!

Eugenie
09-14-2007, 12:31 PM
My cats dont seem to notice a difference when I'm in drab or when I'm "en femme"...

When sitting on my laps, they still like to use their paws and their claws even when I wear nice nylon stockings :D

But dogs may be more sensitive to human appearances...

:hugs:

Eugenie

LindaTS
09-14-2007, 12:35 PM
I have four kitties and they love me however I happen to be, no changes whatever. The same with my long departed dog. He never seemed to notice any changes in me.

Ashley Lyn
09-14-2007, 12:40 PM
My 'puppies' only notice the difference if I 'dress' while they are out, and let them in after.... Like they don't recognize me at first! :eek: From then on, they are just their loveable selves..:happy:

If I 'dress' while they are with me, there is no noticeable reaction either way..

Kitty couldn't care less...:rolleyes:

Veronica Fallon
09-14-2007, 12:42 PM
I've got a wolf/husky mix (mostly wolf) that is more intelligent, & more intuitive than any other canine I've known. But because of his "wolfishness" he doesn't usually seem as expressive as regular dogs. Still, when I start with the make-up & getting dressed, he gets this sorta apprehensive look in his eye that seems to say, "Oh boy, here he/she goes again...:rolleyes:". I also have a pink dog collar (for BDSM games) that I "crossdressed" him with once. I swear he gave me an emphatic expression of total doggy embarrassment!! I laughed 'till I almost peed my panties!! :rofl:
The "doggles" (chiuahuas) don't seem to notice or care either way.

Tail-waggin' hugz,

Veronica

Darlene Dippy
09-14-2007, 12:51 PM
My two dogs react same whether I'm in drab or dressed.

They do react 'very positively' however when I put my walking boots on.

I tried this in a mini skirt and nylons and yes they were up and ready for a walk!:heehee:

Darlene

Donna Marie
09-14-2007, 12:58 PM
My sheltie gives me funny look when I am dressed - probably a clue that I should think twice before venturing out en femme. Seriously, though, because I do not go out en femme, she probably knows she is stuck until I change back to "him". She does get to go out on the back porch, since I can let her out & in without going outside myself. Otherwise, I don't think it matters to her one way or the other. There's a word for laying human behavior off on dogs & cats - can't think of it - but we do tend to do it.

kassandra richard
09-14-2007, 01:09 PM
My pets have never seen me dressed and likely never will, so their reaction is moot. Erm, what's that? Those are my kids, not my pets? Oops. Never mind :)

Actually, I have no pets so the question is still moot for me.

Donna, the word you were looking for is anthropomorphize.

Kassandra

Emily Ann Brown
09-14-2007, 01:22 PM
No difference that I can detect from my pooch....just wants to lay beside me and sleep.

Emily Ann

Deborah Jane
09-14-2007, 01:39 PM
My sheltie gives me funny look when I am dressed - probably a clue that I should think twice before venturing out en femme. Seriously, though, because I do not go out en femme, she probably knows she is stuck until I change back to "him". She does get to go out on the back porch, since I can let her out & in without going outside myself. Otherwise, I don't think it matters to her one way or the other. There's a word for laying human behavior off on dogs & cats - can't think of it - but we do tend to do it.

Perhaps that,s all it is then. Boy is he in for a shock, i,m planning to take him with me on my first outing!! A walk in the countryside..

Wendy me
09-14-2007, 01:46 PM
the dog the same ... i had to have the "talk" with the wife because the cat was going to out me........

BarbaraTalbot
09-14-2007, 01:52 PM
The cats are neurotic and aren't around enough to really notice one way or another. The dogs are too poroly behaved to risk a pair of stockings near their slobbery faces.

Does the infant count? I first noticed her noticing the difference when I was working on my blog once and there was a large face picture of Barbara up. She kept looking at the screen then back to my face. Back and forth with a bemused expression on her face.

She seems more inclined to wrestle my homme self and to cuddle up next to Barbara. She really stares at Barbara. I wonder how much therapy thats going to take.

Question for Veronica:

I've got a wolf/husky mix (mostly wolf) ...
The "doggles" (chiuahuas) .....

Do you keep the doggles for the same reason that boa constrictor owners keep rodents?

Karren H
09-14-2007, 01:53 PM
My pets hates me no matter how I'm dressed!! Maybe more so enfemme... Since heels probably hurt more than my male shoes do!! :tongueout

Disclaimer: before you run the the phone and call your local ASPCA please not that the above statement was an attempt at humor and in no way were any animals injured during the performance of this humerous act... The above statement was determined to be "in good humour" by K Hutton, LLC..... Which is not liable for any misunderstandings, inuendos, or anyone that doesn't get it... The above statement is not available in stores and not legal in all states.. Void where prohibited, 100% post recycled content....

:D

BTW.... Nope.. They treat me the same...

Karren

Deborah Jane
09-14-2007, 02:02 PM
My pets hate me no matter how I'm dressed!! Maybe more so enfemme... Since heels probably hurt more than my male shoes do!! :tongueout

Disclaimer: before you run the the phone and call your local ASPCA please not that the above statement was an attempt at humor and in no way were any animals injured during the performance of this humerous act... The above statement was determined to be "in good humour" by K Hutton, LLC..... Which is not liable for any misunderstandings, inuendos, or anyone that doesn't get it... The above statement is not available in stores and not legal in all states.. Void where prohibited, 100% post recycled content....

:D

BTW.... Nope.. They treat me the same...

Karren

:lol::lol: I guessed you were kidding, but it still cracked me up!!

DonnaT
09-14-2007, 05:06 PM
Our Aussie was quite startled the first time I came downstairs fully enfemme. But after I spoke to her, she was cool with it. Now I get no reaction.

Marcie Sexton
09-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Julie my Chiuhauha looks at me with total disdain whe I first come out of the bed room dressed, until I speak to her, then its life as usual for her and me...

Faith_G
09-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Dogs key off your emotions. Deborah Jane, your spaniel can sense your inner calm and is responding to it.

My knucklehead of a Golden Retriever doesn't act any different when I am dressed, although she is tuned into my emotional state better than I am at times. As long as I am happy, she is happy. :) My late lamented Sheltie always looked at me funny when I was dressed - as if to say "Who are you trying to fool?" :rolleyes:

Veronica 1
09-14-2007, 07:09 PM
The only difference that I have noticed is that my long haired, permanently shedding cat always wants to jump onto my lap while I am wearing my black dresses. He never wants to be held at any other time.

Melinda G
09-14-2007, 10:46 PM
My dog, a boxer, used to just stand and look at me funny. I always wondered what he was thinking.

Sheri 4242
09-15-2007, 01:27 AM
The only difference with my three tweenie doxies is, when en femme "and if" wearing thigh highs, the thigh highs will have runs in them before the evening is over.

The cat -- well that's a different subject. The cat looks at me and says leave a number, I'll get back to you! :lol2:

My Lady Marsea
09-15-2007, 01:35 AM
I have 3 aquatic turtles (the oldest is 21 years, got him as a baby). They don't seem to care either way but do approch the edge of their plastic pool they live in as they are equal opertunity when it comes to being fed LOL. Anything even resembling human means food is on the way.

jessbcuzz
09-15-2007, 01:39 AM
No difference that I can detect from my pooch....just wants to lay beside me and sleep.

Emily Ann

Same here.

Siobhan
09-15-2007, 01:53 AM
My dogs after a little initial curiosity tratme the same drab or femme.

Suzie S.
09-15-2007, 05:21 AM
My dog acts the same no matter how I'm dressed. He loves me just the same, whether I be in jeans or in a dress and heels. The rest of the world could learn something from his acceptance!:tongueout

SANDRA MICHELLE
09-15-2007, 09:49 AM
My dog loves me no matter what I wear, the cat treats me way differant while I am dressed, she wants to cuddle and rub all over me. My 6 foot Iguana couldn't care less what I wear, he looks at me like I am weird whatever I am wearing.

Diane Douglas
09-15-2007, 09:56 AM
My old dog sleeps most of the day and is so blind he probably wouldn't know the difference. When he ws younger, he would act differently, but I think he was reacting to how I was feeling.

Carol123
09-18-2007, 02:38 AM
As long as the food bowls are full the world is fine with my bunch

Deborah Jane
09-18-2007, 02:41 AM
As long as the food bowls are full the world is fine with my bunch

LOL they,re easily pleased, sometimes!!

Muriel
09-18-2007, 04:12 AM
My cat just couldn't care less and still puts up the 'Do Not Disturb' sign up dressed or not.

My dog (died 18 months ago) though used to leave me alone more when dressed which I suppose wasn't a bad thing, when in drabs she was like a shadow. :happy:

Michelle (Oz)
09-18-2007, 07:27 AM
Goldie and 2 poms don't react differently. That's the nice thing about dogs ... they just love you for who you are not how you look.

Michelle (Oz)

JoAnnDallas
09-18-2007, 09:02 AM
I have three cats, one female and two males. None of them react to me any different when I am in Drab or dressed. I do have to watch the female more closely when dressed, as she has all her claws and I don't want a run in my stockings. LOL

KimberlyS
09-18-2007, 11:47 AM
We have two cats. The old one is near blind so does not know the difference. The other one we got as a stray and has not liked me from day one, to the point it knew when I opened the door and was gone hiding. At home my enfemme look is clothes, no makeup or wig. The cat looks at me confused at times and even more so when I talk and then keeps its distance from me. And then some times it comes up from behind me to get attention, well until it smells me or I talk, and then it moves back, looks confused and is gone.

Marla
09-18-2007, 03:49 PM
My cats don't give a rats ass what I look like because all they want is to be fed. My 2 poodles just **** their heads and say " good God man what are you doing! Now feed me and we won't tell" Things are much simpler for animals.

Sally24
09-18-2007, 07:10 PM
I startled my wifes dog the first time he saw me dressed. Whirled around and started barking at the "intruder". Calmed right down when I spoke. Now he seems very friendly when I'm dressed. He is a woman's dog after all.

occdresser
09-18-2007, 07:30 PM
I have to reply to this one- I have the best answer!:tongueout. I dressed up all the way and was on my way to walking out the door when my cat got a little to close to my heels:sorry: and he let out a very loud :eek: now he just keeps his distance

Deborah Jane
09-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks everyone:hugs: Some interesting answers, seems pets, like people are all differant!! At least i know i don,t have to book my dog into therapy now:heehee: I was starting to worry it may be confusing him!!!

TerriM
09-19-2007, 05:33 PM
For about 6 yrs my dog was the only living thing that knew I had a femme side. He used to bark at first and then he calmed down