PDA

View Full Version : Emergencies While Dressed Femme

Amy Lynn3
09-15-2007, 07:42 AM
Just wondering has any of you had to go to a Hospital Emergency Room while fully dressed as the opposite sex ? Please tell use how you were treated by the staff and what were the reactions of the care givers?
:hugs:
Amy

Jillm
09-15-2007, 08:49 AM
Not fully dressed, but one time I did hurt myself, I wont say how because it was stupid. I passed out because of a lot of pain. I was out for about a half hour. Woke up in the emergency room, my SO was with me. After wakening up I realized they put an IV in my leg and my shoes were off. I was covered up with a sheet. They put one in my arm but even though I was out cold, my SO said I pulled it out of my arm. When the nurse came in she said to me sorry about your pantyhose. The nurse then pulled up the sheet to check the IV, she looked at my SO and said, I like that color of polish (on my toes), what color is it. I was looking at my SO and watched her face turn white. She did say something to the nurse, I don’t remember what. Anyway the nurse was very friendly about it and the doctor never commented about.

Betty H
09-15-2007, 09:12 AM
Hi Amy .

I posted the thread listed below back in May 2007.It is an account of my experience after a car accident which relates my interaction with hopital emergency room staff and other responders as well.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58562

Wenda
09-15-2007, 01:57 PM
I ended up over night in emergency. I wasn't dressed, but was completely shaved, and had some clear polish on my toes. I think I was more bothered than the staff. I joked about being pre-prepped for the ecg.
I have known some people who worked in emergency, and panty-hose is prettymundane compared to some of the things they get. Question for Jillm, did your SO know your toes were painted before you went? Did she know you dressed? That would be a bigger issue than staff!
Thanks to Betty for referencing that grat post w.

Victoria Anne
09-15-2007, 03:00 PM
back in 1983 I was bitten twice by a southern pacific rattle snake , I was in and out of conciousness , I was wearing a pair of pink bikini panties and pantyhose. My SO at the time apparently sent the nurse out when I refused to co-operate and she took off my underthings and brought the nurse back . I escaped the trama of discovery.:happy:

Amy Lynn3
09-15-2007, 09:45 PM
Thanks, for the post. I really liked the stories ! I'll share this with you: My son works in the E.R. of a major hospital in our area, taking xrays. He has told me lots of stories about men who need to be xrayed and were dressed like women. He has not met a cder yet, but all, so far have been dressed like women to attract other men.
Amy

Eugenie
09-16-2007, 02:16 AM
It never happened to me so far to have an accident while I was "en femme". However I have prepared myself and a few people around me for such a situation.

My wife knows that I go out "en femme". Actually, last July I had a rather severe health accident and found myself in a hospital room in Brussels, not knowing where I was and a loss of memory for the past 24 hours... My wife was waiting for me in Nice at the airport the night before. You can imagine her anxiety when I didn't come out of the gate. I was not answering on my cell phone. Later on after she finally found me, she told me that she had imagined that I could have been "en femme" and that she had even told the police (which she had called out of despair) that this might have been the case... So even her is prepared to a situation where I would be in trouble while "en femme".

Both my children know about my X-dressing, so it wouldn't be catastrophic. My daughter was indeed very concerned that something bad could have happened to me, that I could have been assaulted while walking ins the streets "en femme". And I think she's right, we have to be more cautious when "en femme". As discriminatory as it may sound, unfortunately, more women are assaulted when walking alone at night than men. And perhaps sometimes we don't have the reflexes of women in those situations...

Because I have fairly high responsibilities in the defense of people with disabilities, I have told the president of my Association and a few other people I work with in Brussels advocating on non discrimination. So on that side too, I feel that it wouldn't be so dramatic if something would happen to me while "en femme".

I think and now have the certitude that people would be more worried about my health and wellbeing than in the way I would be dressed.

:hugs:
Eugenie

sterling12
09-16-2007, 02:38 AM
If it's serious enough, and requires an intervention by ambulance personnel. If your unconscious or unable to move, they are going to cut your clothes off. Just about guaranteed that they will be so busy saving your life, they won't remember what clothes your were wearing and could care less.

So, it's not super important I guess. If you have something like a heart attack, and they have to do fibrillation, you'll be naked under the sheet by the time you get to the E.R.

Remember, since you won't be dead, your embarrassment probably will be of very little importance. Seems like a good trade....you lose some of your pretties, you gain your life. An opportunity to dress another day!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Suzy Harrison
09-16-2007, 03:17 AM
After reading Betty's wonderful story of her night to remember, I thought I'd write a note about medical staff in general.

If you do find yourself in the Emergency Room en-femme you really have nothing to worry about it.

I work with doctors/surgeons and nurses as part of my job. They are all highly professional and very, very caring. I've been in hospitals and witnessed nurses coping with abuse from drunks and druggies - and then still treat them with respect and kindness. They really are angels I can tell you.

Not only that - they really have seen it all - such as removing objects stuck up peoples bottoms ( yes it happens ) .

So when we turn up en-femme, it's a bigger thing for us than them, I assure you.

They will treat you with kindness and good humour.

All they care about is you and your welfare..

Daintre
09-16-2007, 03:43 AM
I have been a person who needed emergency services, at the time I really didn't care what I had on, I knew that I needed help, quick. The staff in the ER were very professional. Luckily I left the hospital in good health. I really didn't care what I had on neither did they..

Darlene-VA
09-16-2007, 07:27 AM
A fellow CD that I know had a heart attack and was rushed to sugery for a bypass and when she woke up one of the first things the nurses asked her was what brand nail polish was that and where can I buy it. So the staff were totally cool and when the hospital stay was over they gave her a new bottle of polish to take home.

Amy Lynn3
09-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Hi Darlene:
Great story !!! What part of the Blue Ridge do you live in ? I am in Winston Salem, NC, and wondered if we were near each other.
Thanks, again for ALL the wonderful stories. Please, keep them coming.
Amy

Twyla
09-16-2007, 03:27 PM
It happened to me but not in the ER.
I went to my doctor. I had pains in the upper part of my backbone and some discomfort in my stomach.
For such things I thought I don't need to remove my pants so I picked to wear the less sexiest pair of panties I have, cotton light blue with slightly lacy elastic at waist and legs. Otherwise I would have been forced to go shopping because I have no male underwear.
Well , I was wrong. When I complained about the stomach discomfort, the doc asked me to unzip my pants and lower them to expose all my abdomen. When I pushed my pants lower I tried to push my panties too, without to much success. Anyway the doctor just did his job not showing any sign that he noticed something unusual.
That was just the begining. He told me that I must go to make a radiology for my backbone.
Now I was commited to buy a pair of male underpants. I went to the dollar store, because I'm not willing to pay more than a buck for such a sh*t. I hate male underwear. In the dollar store my attention was caught by some pink lacy nylon panties. I picked up three pairs, paid them and left the store. Did I mention anything about male underpants ? No ? It wasn't an involuntary omission. I didn't buy them. I don't know how to explain it... it is soooo hard to me to buy male underwear... actually I can't do it at all.
I said: "I'm going to have a radiology of the backbone in the area of my neck, I don't need to remove my pants". And deep inside me: "Whatever will happen I'll survive it somehow, but I'm not going to wear men's underpants."
At the radiologist office, surprise ! They gave me a hospital gown to wear it and told me: "Remove all your clothes except your underpants." I told them desperately hoping that's a mistake: "But I only have problems in the neck area". They:"We need to examine your full vertebral column. Aditionally your doctor requested pelvic ultrasounds (that's the abdomen)." Can't run away, so I just did what they asked. The radiologist turned me in all directions: lay on your back, lay on your belly, lay on your left side, lay on your right side. In the end I wasn't even sure if I'm still wearing the gown or not. He didn't show any sign that he noticed something unusual with me. After that I went for the ultrasounds. The lady took a sheet to cover my legs and my underwear but first she lifted my gown. She also showed no signs of noticing anything unusual.

A few months ago I went back to my doctor just to ask for a prescription renewal. Surprise again, he wanted to check my abdomen. This time I displayed a pair of pink nylon panties.

I stopped to wory about doctors. They are informed about our problem and they know there is nothing to smile or ridicule about that. I'm sure they can see me at most just "an interresting case" among many other interresting cases.

Next time my doctor will see me, he will probably wonder if I will not wear panties.

Stephenie S
09-16-2007, 03:40 PM
I can asure you that ER staff, both doctors and nurses have FAR, FAR, more important things to worry about than what you have on when you come in. We have seen it all, and don't care a bit. It's an emergency room for goodness sake. We deal with emergencies, not what color your panties are.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Rosaliy Lynne
09-17-2007, 02:45 PM
If it's serious enough, and requires an intervention by ambulance personnel. If your unconscious or unable to move, they are going to cut your clothes off. Just about guaranteed that they will be so busy saving your life, they won't remember what clothes your were wearing and could care less.

So, it's not super important I guess. If you have something like a heart attack, and they have to do fibrillation, you'll be naked under the sheet by the time you get to the E.R.

Remember, since you won't be dead, your embarrassment probably will be of very little importance. Seems like a good trade....you lose some of your pretties, you gain your life. An opportunity to dress another day!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Thaat's the goddess own truth!

I can asure you that ER staff, both doctors and nurses have FAR, FAR, more important things to worry about than what you have on when you come in. We have seen it all, and don't care a bit. It's an emergency room for goodness sake. We deal with emergencies, not what color your panties are.

Lovies,
Stephenie

*I* have not had such problems but I recall my now x-wife relating a matter with which she dealt. A labor and delivery nurse, she was asked to attend a woman who had been sent up from the ER. Well what she really had was a pre-op TS. She never had the operation because prior to doing that, they discovered she had aids and would not operate. Anyway, my wife treated the patient and that was that.