PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Experience

missattitude
09-15-2007, 03:51 PM
I was at TG Max, and let me tell you, it is a cd's dream. All the clothes you can think of for reasonable prices. Short skirts, heels, everything from head to toe is there. The one problem still exists in my life, which im sure most of you have gone threw this is going to buy the clothes ect.. Instead of just staring at them. I have been like this my whole life and can't seem to feel comfortable just being me, which at times, is hard enough by myself and even more so by alot of people, and not in drag might I mention because if I were to go out I defintly got to make sure I do it 100 percent so that I can look, walk, and somewhat talk like a young lady should.

Anyways, have any of you all ever felt like this , trying to get the outfits you like the most but always to embarrsed to do so. And if so, how did you conquer these fears. I know I have long ways to go, but rome was not built in a day, so the sooner I can feel better about certain situations, the better. Thats all for now girls, have a blessed day

Miss Thang

Dita_B
09-15-2007, 04:14 PM
There are lots of posts here that deal with just that ... going out and just DO it...

Some here even go dressed partly female, wearing a skirt and hose and further look like men... That is IMHO a way bigger challenge than dressing all female and go and buy the stuff you like...

I know it is difficult for you to believe... but you are making it a way bigger deal than it is... You just have to GO and DO it... Even if the SA''s read you it is not a big deal... They will remain friendly and helpful, trust me. No giggling or that kind of stuff, because that would be judgmental, unprofessional and it could cost them a client and possibly their job. If you read elsewhere that CD-ers have approached the larger outlets to ask about men wanting to buy female clothes for themselves, the answer from management has been in all cases very accommodating to say the least...

So the problem is really in your head and not with the store you want to visit... But we all have been there and done that for the first time....

The only thing I can promise you for sure is that once you've DONE it, you can't understand why you didn't it long ago already... It really is fun and exciting to shop for your own feminine frilly things...

:love:Dita.

Phyliss
09-15-2007, 04:26 PM
I can still vividly recall the very first time I had finally gotten up the courage to "buy" something for myself. I must have stood outside the Lane Bryant store for almost 15 minutes. Would head for the entrance, only to turn away at the last second. Like there was some sort of "force field" preventing me from entering. Not that I hadn't ever been in there alone before. Make a payment on her charge card. (Well that's an acceptable reason for a "GUY" to be in there) But this time I was going to make a purchase for myself.

Talk about scared and frightened, sweaty hands and all that stuff.
That was about 3 years ago, Just this past Friday I was in the same store, fully dressed, enfemme. Walked around looking for anything that might interest me. Acted like I owned the place. Funny thing , nobody even noticed me. Just another shopper.

Deborah Jane
09-15-2007, 04:27 PM
You,ve just got to go for it!! When i first came here i was nervous about shopping, but after following some of the posts and seeing that it,s no "big deal" i shop whenever i feel like it!!Quite often you can have bit of a laugh with the S/O,s too!! Warning!! It can become addictive:heehee:

Veronica 1
09-15-2007, 04:30 PM
I am afraid that my basic answer would be, "So, what's it to you?" On the other hand, I used to be a door to door salesman too. I am new here but the inspiration of other established members have brought out the salesman in me. :drink:

missattitude
09-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Both of you are right. I just need to just go and do it, and trust me, I have. ITs not like I hav enever bought stuff for myself, but I have also not been dealing with alot of stuff in my life, including this. Now, I can even imagine going to go half fem/ half male mode. That would be kinda of gutsie I am alos young and hardheaded, and not easy to listen to others, lol, which is a whole different story. Anyways, I plan to go back to TG Max and go buy me some clothes. I need to just get what I want so that way I don't feel guilty that I did't go do it. So thanks for the advice as I will try to get me some items I want . For some reason I think that people can read me and that they know that it is for me maybe, really have not give it much thought, but I will let you ladies know how it goes and what I get.

missattitude
09-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Well, ok, I went back to TG Max. I was a nervous wreck(as always when it has to do with anything of my cd). I first walk around the store trying to ignore the women's clothing. Then with my partner, I finally go to the women's section and start looking threw. I still am very bashfull and full of fear. I was pretty much the whole time I was looking. I got myself a cute turtle neck and a sleeveless dress. It still didn't go as good as I wanted it to go. There were tons of items that I wish I could of had or even looked it, but this is going to take sometime to over come, but it time everything is possible. When I use to buy women's clothing I was so drunk it didn't matter becuase I was so intoxicated, I didn't have no fears or no sense of life. But now that I am sober, it is like doing this like I have never done this before, that is what I meant earlier when I said I bought some clothes before, but it never bothered me. SO , today, was not bad experience , and as I get closer to get a full wardobe to be in full drag to go out,I don't think I will be hestatent or nervous about it either.

Miss Thangx