PDA

View Full Version : Why no pics???

Veronica Fallon
09-16-2007, 10:10 AM
I'm just mildly curious what the main reason is for so few of us posting pics of ourselves here. Is it a lack of a digital camera or scanner? Or is it simply the fear of being outed? Or is it something else?

I'm personally not very concerned about being outed because the only people in my life who would matter would never be here in the first place. And if they did come here, I'd hope they'd call me to play dress-up together :heehee:. If a third party happened to out me to them, I guess I'd just put on my big girl panties & deal with it!

My inner woman loves to be thought of as pretty, & I really wanna inspire others here if I can, so I'll post my pics here if they don't show my "boy-side" so much as to make me easily recognizable. Who wants to look like a boy here anyways??? :idontknow:

Soooo... why not show those pretty smiles??? :D

Say "Cheese",

Veronica

P.S.- Here's mine....

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff269/VeronicaFallon/Pr-009A.jpg

Marla S
09-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Who wants to look like a boy here anyways??? :idontknow:
That could be one reason.
It is a bit expected how one should look like. Not all do and not all want to.

Other than that, making a good shot is quite an effort ... I am too lazy.

Eugenie
09-16-2007, 10:37 AM
There may be several reasons why some of us don't post pics of themselves...

Like you said, simply not having a Digital Camera is a good one... Of course it is also possible to use a scanner on traditional pictures, but then it takes even more guts to bring the film to a photo shop and get it developed. You’re always concerned that the shop keeper will open the file, if only to show you that the quality is right...

There is also the lack of confidence: I don't look half as good as most of the other X-dressers I've seen... I don't know how to makeup... I'm too fat. I'm too thin. etc.

Then there is the fear of being recognized and outed to people who could have bad projects with the use of your pictures... Some of us have public lives that could be badly impacted by a forced outing...

Concerning the risk of being recognized on a photo, I think that it is minimal...

Here is one anecdote: I had done a coming out to a friend and we had talked a length about my x-dressing. When I finally had a picture of me that was good enough to be shown, I gave her a photo of me "en femme" and asked that friend if she knew that woman? She said "No I don't". I insisted saying "I'm sure that you know her". After carefully looking at the picture, she again said she didn't know who it was. Then I told her it was me... And only then she recognized me.

So even though she knew I was x-dressing, that I was the person showing the picture and insisted heavily, she didn't recognize me... That should make people on this list less afraid of being recognized if they decided to post a picture...

But further more, I had a similar experience in real life, not with a picture of me but me in person... Another friend whom I had come out to as an x-dresser and even shown pictures of me as Eugenie organized a meeting with some other members of her LGBT organization for me to discuss Transgender issues. I arrived at the meeting "en femme". As I was early to the meeting, I asked to see my friend. She came in the entrance and said "Bonjour Madame." It is only when I said Bonjour Evelyne" that she recognized me and called me by my male name...

Again, even some one who was expecting me at a meeting, had seen pictures of me didn't recognize me in person...

Need I say that this gave me a lot more confidence in going out in the streets...
:hugs:
Eugenie

Mayliis
09-16-2007, 10:39 AM
I really like your pictures. Soon will come mine also.

Mayliis

MsJanessa
09-16-2007, 10:42 AM
I would post more pics than I do but for two reasons---I have tried to post them in the past and have technical problems---"not the right format"---and am too busy to bother finding out how to change them to the right format and secondly I don't have a digital camera so I have to rely on friends to take them---if you would like to see My photos go to flickr and go to MsJanessa1 and you can view them.

Melinda G
09-16-2007, 11:14 AM
I haven't posted any recent pics, because I am still trying to get the facial expressions right. But here's a current pic.

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/5170/hal2zb3.jpg

Here's another one from last Halloween.

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8353/hal1pz0.jpg

My contact lenses irritate my eyes, making it hard to smile.

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/6938/hal8jf7.jpg

Christine St James
09-16-2007, 11:44 AM
There is also the lack of confidence: I don't look half as good as most of the other X-dressers I've seen... I don't know how to makeup... I'm too fat. I'm too thin. etc.

Eugenie has a good point. There are a few reasons I haven't posted any photos yet. One of which is that I haven't gotten a nice enough wardrobe yet. Another is that I'm trying to get rid of some of my belly before I start photographing, and the makeup thing is also a challenge that I need to learn.

Outing really isn't a concern in my opinion, since after all, the people coming on this site to find me would probably be like-minded, or like-mind-curious.

Ruth
09-16-2007, 12:00 PM
Well I've had 3 photos up with my posts so far. Not really happy with any of them but I feel it's a kind of declaration. I'm not afraid to show my face round here.
Not bothered about being recognised or outed - for a start I don't think Ruth is recognisable as the man who shares the body with her, and for another thing, anybody looking on here is going to be with us not against us (I hope).
I can appreciate some people will have problems of one sort or another in putting up photos, so I never mind if there isn't one.

Deborah Jane
09-16-2007, 12:13 PM
My reason for not posting a photo is simple, i haven,t got a digital camera!! I did post a photo on my avatar for a while, but it was an old photo that i rephotgraphed with my camera/phone and the quality was rubbish!! I,m not worried about being outed on here as my femme self and male self don,t look alike! Even my daughter said she struggled to recognise me en femme:heehee:

AmandaM
09-16-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm not down to my "dressing weight" yet. But almost! When I feel good enough about my looks, I'll change my avater. It's one of my goals. :)

Jolene
09-16-2007, 12:32 PM
I would surely scare the mice away with my picture.
Jolene

Kate Simmons
09-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Geez, there are boys here? Where? Figures, I miss everything.:heehee:

tinastone
09-16-2007, 02:25 PM
I have plenty of pictures to share if anybody is interested. I just don't know how to put them up on the message board. If you would like to see a pic just email me at Tinastone@aol.com

Veronica 1
09-16-2007, 02:52 PM
I have plenty of pictures to share if anybody is interested. I just don't know how to put them up on the message board. If you would like to see a pic just email me at Tinastone@aol.com

Go to photobucket.com and open an account free. Upload the pictures that you want to your new account and the click on the IMG tag and it will be automatically copied to your clipboard. Then when you post a thread, just go control V and the image tag will be entered and when your post is opened the photo will be there. HTH hon.
On subject, though, I have no problem with posting pics of my face on here because I feel the same as the other posters. If they are on this site, they must be OK with it as I cannot imagine someone being so anal as to cruise through all the posts here to try to find someone that they might recognize. Even so, when I wear makeup and a wig, I do not look anywheres close to what I do in drab but a lot of my pics on here are my true face, with just a wig on and I don't care.:tongueout

27th Jennifer
09-16-2007, 09:03 PM
I have yet to really dress fully. Guavaween on 10-27-07 in Ybor City (party district) in Tampa I want to let it out, finally! Then I should have pics.

Samantha B L
09-16-2007, 09:52 PM
For starters,I'm not passable and I'm not even certain that one of those CD makeovers would remedy the situation. But ever since I was lurking the forum over 2 or 3 (?) years ago I have been trying to save up the money to find a nice well coordinated kind of outfit and a wig that is suitable to my skin pallor and facial features to get the best femme digital photo of myself with makeup and maybe even some earrings. The money keeps getting eaten up on other stuff. And I don't have much money. I'm not poor but I'm not exactly upper class,either. Finally I will have a digital camera and a scanner coming up in another month or 2 when my cousin remembers to mail them to me. She told me on the phone she was giving me a digital camera and scanner. I will try post some pics in Jan. or Feb. of '08. I'm not concerned about the wrong people seeing them because by and large I don't think it would occur to them to log onto a crossdressers website. And anyway I'm out to a lot of people in my life as it is.

girlieguy
09-16-2007, 10:08 PM
I had a photo posted as my avatar, but my gf was not comfortable with it being there. So, it's no more.

Sheri 4242
09-16-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm just mildly curious what the main reason is for so few of us posting pics of ourselves here. Is it a lack of a digital camera or scanner? Or is it simply the fear of being outed? Or is it something else?

I'm personally not very concerned about being outed because the only people in my life who would matter would never be here in the first place. And if they did come here, I'd hope they'd call me to play dress-up together :heehee:. If a third party happened to out me to them, I guess I'd just put on my big girl panties & deal with it!

My inner woman loves to be thought of as pretty, & I really wanna inspire others . . .

Thanks, Veronica -- I hope that what you said will inspire many of our sisters!!! Early on I was hesitant to put my photo on here, but I don't worry about it anymore. To begin with, if you saw me in guy-mode and en femme, I seriously doubt you'd recognize me. Since my wife agrees, we both feel it is okay. That said, the odds of someone nefarious coming here -- and finding my photo -- are minimal IMHO. Additionally, most who come here are like-minded anyway, so I think a nefarious visitor is a low-odds situation. (And, I am from "small town" USA -- a redneck town at that. A town where I am very well known!!!)

All the above said, if it hapens it happens. Frankly, when I was in Las Vegas on "The Las Vegas Strip" (Las Vegas Blvd) in a wedding gown, I think there was, percentage wise, a better chance of running into someone who knew me -- and that was, IMO, also a low-odds situation!

Personally, I'd also like it if more would tell where they are from (they don't have to say the city, just the state and/or country) b/c it is nice to know where people are that I am talking to, be it my home state, or the next state down -- and it is nice to know that sometimes you're talking with someone in another country.

Speaking of sisters in other states . . .

I have yet to really dress fully. Guavaween on 10-27-07 in Ybor City (party district) in Tampa I want to let it out, finally! Then I should have pics.

I love Ybor City (and especially The Columbia). I'm guessing you are less than five hours from me. What is Guavaween?

Alice Torn
09-16-2007, 10:44 PM
I thought we were to post pics, mainly, in the video, and photos gallery. That's why I seldom post them here.

Jazzmine
09-17-2007, 12:51 AM
I have not put up pics yet because I have none that I am happy with. I have never done full make-up and have only just purchased a passable wig. My wardrobe is also not complete yet either. I bet there are many like me on this forum who lack the final touches to go public.

We look with great admiration at others' photos and I know I will get there someday. So in the meantime you picture girls are our mentors and inspiration!

Hugs Jazzmine

Stacy Lyn
09-17-2007, 02:00 AM
I have not posted any photos of more than my legs or feet as I will not pass due to my facial hair and tattoos. Being plus sized also limits me as I have a very hard time finding fashionable clothing. I do have a few photos on myspace if anyone is interested?

http://www.myspace.com/stacy_lyn_cdn_cd

BarbaraTalbot
09-17-2007, 02:10 AM
I never anticipated showing anyone me dressed much less the world. The first time I posted any picture it was to get some feed-back on improvement before my big plan to wow my wife with my loveliness. It was not lovely by any stretch of the imagination, but you have to start somewhere. I found it so oddly validating, I left it up. Good thing too, because seeing the picture of 'Barbara' was the first thing that convinced Dee that I was in fact not having an affair with Barbara, virtually or otherwise.

Hermione Simpson
09-17-2007, 02:14 AM
the reason why i haven't posted any photos is because i can only get the internet on my mobile, so it's not possible for me to do so

Sheri 4242
09-17-2007, 02:48 AM
I haven't posted any recent pics, because I am still trying to get the facial expressions right. But here's a current pic.

My contact lenses irritate my eyes, making it hard to smile.

Melinda: I was going to say "SMILE." Then I saw your comment about your contact lenses, so'ooooo, change 'em and smile girl!!!

I never anticipated showing anyone me dressed much less the world. The first time I posted any picture it was to get some feed-back on improvement before my big plan to wow my wife with my loveliness. It was not lovely by any stretch of the imagination, but you have to start somewhere. I found it so oddly validating, I left it up. Good thing too, because seeing the picture of 'Barbara' was the first thing that convinced Dee that I was in fact not having an affair with Barbara, virtually or otherwise.

Aren't you glad you did (post your photo)?!!! We all could use some critique from time-to-time, but in the main I'd say your avatar photo is one of a beautiful girl; that it helped with Dee is just a bonus!!!

My Lady Marsea
09-17-2007, 02:53 AM
I also notice that there aren't many pics. As for myself I decided back in April I was coming out and pulled the plug. I have a digital camera and using the attachment (paper clip thingie icon at top of this box) I can go right to my pictures. Problem is the size alloted here, mine are all sooo big the site won't accept them, so I spend like waaay too much time in photo shop 20 cropping and shrinking. I was scared in April to wear most girl things much less put pics on the internet. Now I dress everyday and go out in the world and I'll post pics with no hesitation, it's just the size that's killing me here LOL.. The only thing I have not worn and will someday is a skirt...as soon as my tummy gets more gone LOL. I give up. The one I wanted to post and have croped to the very edge of me is 349 KB (357,544 bytes). Maybe someone knows how to shrink a pic in my pictures and put the shrunk version back there to be able to get it back for here.

BarbaraTalbot
09-17-2007, 03:17 AM
I also notice that there aren't many pics. As for myself I decided back in April I was coming out and pulled the plug. I have a digital camera and using the attachment (paper clip thingie icon at top of this box) I can go right to my pictures. Problem is the size alloted here, mine are all sooo big the site won't accept them, so I spend like waaay too much time in photo shop 20 cropping and shrinking. I was scared in April to wear most girl things much less put pics on the internet. Now I dress everyday and go out in the world and I'll post pics with no hesitation, it's just the size that's killing me here LOL.. The only thing I have not worn and will someday is a skirt...as soon as my tummy gets more gone LOL. I give up. The one I wanted to post and have croped to the very edge of me is 349 KB (357,544 bytes). Maybe someone knows how to shrink a pic in my pictures and put the shrunk version back there to be able to get it back for here.

Rather than cropping the picture, you can simply re-size the picture. Simply I mean if you have a program to do so. Dee uses a full version of adobe, and I have a little sub-utility that is built into the software I use for my profession. I know there are cheap or free utilities that can do this, possibly even using ms paint or something in the standard suite you usually get with you computer.

What these do is just change the way the file is saved. retaining the picture, but telling it how to display the picture by number of pixels per inch, and the actual size of the picture itself. You can take a huge picture and shrink it to avatar size, or even blow one up, but blown up it gets grainy, shrunken it loses some detail.

My Lady Marsea
09-17-2007, 03:25 AM
Thanks Barbara, I'm about half good at computer, picture sizing is the wrong half LOL. I'll go play in paint and see what happens.

kay_jessica
09-17-2007, 03:44 AM
Soooo... why not show those pretty smiles??? :D ..........

Veronica

I've posted many here before, but here are a few more recent ones. This one was taken at the famous Pink Punter club in Milton Keynes.

And this is one taken on a separate occasion, after we attended the Miss Lady Like competition in a public park in Milton Keynes. This is me with lovely Holly Amis (Miss Sparkle 2007) at Pink Punters that evening.

And of course there is always my hotornot pic

http://hotornot.com/r/?eid=RSEUEMO-ENY (http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=RSEUEMO-ENY)

Hugs

Kay

Kieron Andrew
09-17-2007, 03:50 AM
good to see you and the lovely Holly, kay :happy:

kay_jessica
09-17-2007, 04:26 AM
good to see you and the lovely Holly, kay :happy:

Thanks Kieron, just shows that I'm not "A figment of my imagination"........

Hugs

Kay

RachelDenise
09-17-2007, 04:44 AM
No pictures from me for several reasons...don't pass, worried about discovery and don't feelm that I look very good. Other than that, I'll be posting any day now! (Note I've been here awhile)

Kieron Andrew
09-17-2007, 07:14 AM
Thanks Kieron, just shows that I'm not "A figment of my imagination"........

Hugs

Kaylol Kay i knew you weren't a figment of your imagination or mine :heehee:, especially if you are hanging round with Miss Amis :heehee:

PaulaJaneThomas
09-17-2007, 07:23 AM
Is it a lack of a digital camera or scanner?

I've got 3 digital P&S and 2 DSLR so no.

Or is it simply the fear of being outed?

The world and his dog know that I'm TG so no.

Or is it something else?

By a process of elimination, the answer is yes.

Let me ask you a question this time: why would I even want to post a photo of me here?

Kieron Andrew
09-17-2007, 07:31 AM
Let me ask you a question this time: why would I even want to post a photo of me here?

cos some of us are nosey and want to see who we are posting to lol

Veronica Fallon
09-17-2007, 08:10 AM

Hi Paula,

To avoid repetition please see my reply to this thread...

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67129

...that explains why I chose to post my picture here. I couldn't say why anyone else would want to.

Hugz,

Veronica

Deborah Jane
09-17-2007, 08:13 AM
My reason for not posting a photo is simple, i haven,t got a digital camera!! I did post a photo on my avatar for a while, but it was an old photo that i rephotgraphed with my camera/phone and the quality was rubbish!! :

Pic in avatar!!! I rest my case

eliot
09-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Posting an avatar and a photo in the picture and video gallery were major milestones for me. I have a lot of photos but virtually none that I would even consider posting. Guess I will have to get back to the camera!

Mitch23
09-17-2007, 09:46 AM
I thought all us girls were as vain and narcissistic as I am! Every opportunity I get now, I'm taking pics or having pics taken of me and I can't wait to get them posted so that you girls can tell me how fantastic I look!

The problem I often have is that folks are lazy in passing them on - still waiting for the theatre trip pics, the pro shoot i had done by an 'admirer' and the ones we took at lanhydrock house recently! Then there is the problem of reducing them, ok now i know what i'm doing but time consuming if you have limited time at the computer

Mitch

helenr
09-17-2007, 11:09 AM
I confess to being computer challenged when it comes to digitals. I have some in an email but not sure how to 'extract' one, for example, put it 'somewhere' that I can then attach it so as to send it to Crossdressers.com. If there is some really easy to understand means, I would love to hear it. thanks, Helen

PaulaJaneThomas
09-17-2007, 02:29 PM
cos some of us are nosey and want to see who we are posting to lol

Hang on I thought you were temporarily banned until you get back:devil: It's lovely and quite here in England ATM :tongueout

PaulaJaneThomas
09-17-2007, 02:57 PM
I couldn't say why anyone else would want to.

But understanding that is the key to understanding why some don't post photos.

Lisa Golightly
09-17-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm shy... :)

ArleneRaquel
09-17-2007, 03:24 PM
I don't own a Digital camera and I am a computer klutz. :love: & :hugs: Maureen Welch - Klutzie but, Gorgeous Afro - Celtic Goddess

angelfire
09-17-2007, 03:26 PM
at the moment, its because I don't have a camera with a timer on it, so all the pics I take must be in a mirror, or at some weird angle, which always looks strange. Plus, I don't have a really good complete outfit now.

Karan
09-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Technically incompetent and would have to "out" myself to get it done. Plus some of you girsl are WOW!

chucks
09-17-2007, 04:27 PM
i don't mind looking like a boy, shrug.

christina marie
09-17-2007, 04:28 PM
is in the contract, no pics anywhere she might find them. she knows i hang out here, and is much more proficient on puter than me. not worth the risk. sorry, but until contract is renegotiated, you'll just have to use your imagination!

Chiana
09-17-2007, 10:15 PM
I guess one reason I haven't posted a photo of myself is because I was worried that I would be "outed" by some lurker who recognized me. But I don't really put much creedence in that anymore.

Another reason was that I have never had anything resembling a decent enough photo of me to consider posting it. But somehow I have tricked my camera enough to have it produce a photo that is close to being acceptable.

Beyond that, I guess there isn't any real reason for me to continue resisting posting a photo. Maybe I will change my avatar pic, if I get around to it. Someday.

Suzie Green
09-17-2007, 10:28 PM
I've posted several, and I don't mind. I am another who recommends the use of photobucket.com as a good vehicle for uploading your images and putting on the web. As far as cheap programs to manipulate digital photos, you can go to irfanview.com and download the free software to do just that. I used a purchased program called PhotoElf and it works nicely and is a lot easier and more "newbie friendly" than PhotoShop. You can crop, resize and do some basic corrections to your pictures with it. For everyday web use it's a neat little program. I forget the cost, perhaps around $35 but I've used it for years and recommend it.

Suzie