PDA

View Full Version : Why post pics?

Eugenie
09-17-2007, 07:06 AM
Actually the answer quoted bellow, made by Kay on the "Why no pics" thread
made me think of the reverse question. Good reasons to post pics in the Picture Galery or else where on Xdressers.com...

Thanks Kieron, just shows that I'm not "A figment of my imagination"........

Hugs

Kay
This is indeed one of the major reasons why I finally decided to post pics of myself, including my avatar on various forums... Showing myself that I really existed...

When the only feedback you receive is the one of the mirror in your bedroom or in the bathroom, you only exist for yourself. Some of us may feel that it is satisfying enough, but at least for me, I wasn't happy with it. I had the profound need to be seen by others to prove to myself that I really existed as "Eugenie".

Of course there are other good reasons why post pics... But I'm going to let others give their own before I make this post too long...
:hugs:
Eugenie

Since I hadn't yet the guts to go out in public, I felt that sending pictures here and onto other forums was a good start to let Eugenie exist in the outside world.

Marla S
09-17-2007, 07:44 AM
This is indeed one of the major reasons why I finally decided to post pics of myself, including my avatar on various forums... Showing myself that I really existed...
Yep, that's the reason I have at least a profile pic.

In addition I think it is an act of courtesy to give others a chance to see to whom they are actually talking to.

I don't like complete anonymity of conversational partners.

Veronica Fallon
09-17-2007, 07:56 AM
Hmmm.... I suppose there are several reasons why I chose to show myself here. I think the biggest is because of my hopes that our community will grow & grow, to include many more of our closeted, frightened sisters out there. This is the best place I've found for those of us looking for real information & genuine support. If new ladies wander here for the first time & see us "in all our CD glory", they will most likely feel much less alone, & they might feel more empowered as CD'ers. If we all remained hidden, this place might lack the sense of realism that gives it much of its power. Also, I think my rebel side likes to show that society is losing its power to condemn us to our closets. The more of us society sees, the less any of us will feel a need to hide!

I also do it to help empower myself. I'm scared of being outed here too, even knowing the odds are virtually as great as waking up one lovely morning as my GGV fantasy (Genetic Girl Veronica :heehee:). Posting my face helps me gain power over my fears, a little more every time I see it here.

I'm still insecure as a woman too, & seek validation through hopes of occasional compliments. When a kind sister tells me I'm pretty, I carry her words inside me, stand taller, hold my shoulders back, press my breasts forward, & walk with a lil' more confidence. :battingeyelashes:

I also think the sense of friendship I'm beginning to feel with a few here already is greatly enhanced by having a face to go with the name & the words- it just seems more real & more natural. And in the future I plan to travel more, & hope to meet some of you in person. Can you imagine going to a convention like SCC & seeing each other from across a room? There would be squeals of recognition & heels clicking madly as we saw faces we'd seen & gotten to know here! :twirl:

Besides, I just like to see our individual looks & how we arrange ourselves. So there's my couple 'o pennies worth...

Peace, Luv, & Smiling Faces,

Veronica

Jodie Wexler
09-17-2007, 08:13 AM
Veronica. You hit it right on the mark. I feel exactly the same way.
Thank for a great answer to this question. Jodie

nikki_t
09-17-2007, 09:38 AM
- ditto - veronica and jodie

Yep, that's the reason I have at least a profile pic.

In addition I think it is an act of courtesy to give others a chance to see to whom they are actually talking to.

I don't like complete anonymity of conversational partners.

Marla you look great in your profile pic - it would be very nice to see some more pics of you.

Rosaliy Lynne
09-17-2007, 12:07 PM
Hmmm.... I suppose there are several reasons why I chose to show myself here. I think the biggest is because of my hopes that our community will grow & grow, to include many more of our closeted, frightened sisters out there. This is the best place I've found for those of us looking for real information & genuine support. If new ladies wander here for the first time & see us "in all our CD glory", they will most likely feel much less alone, & they might feel more empowered as CD'ers. If we all remained hidden, this place might lack the sense of realism that gives it much of its power. Also, I think my rebel side likes to show that society is losing its power to condemn us to our closets. The more of us society sees, the less any of us will feel a need to hide!

I also do it to help empower myself. I'm scared of being outed here too, even knowing the odds are virtually as great as waking up one lovely morning as my GGV fantasy (Genetic Girl Veronica :heehee:). Posting my face helps me gain power over my fears, a little more every time I see it here.

I'm still insecure as a woman too, & seek validation through hopes of occasional compliments. When a kind sister tells me I'm pretty, I carry her words inside me, stand taller, hold my shoulders back, press my breasts forward, & walk with a lil' more confidence. :battingeyelashes:

I also think the sense of friendship I'm beginning to feel with a few here already is greatly enhanced by having a face to go with the name & the words- it just seems more real & more natural. And in the future I plan to travel more, & hope to meet some of you in person. Can you imagine going to a convention like SCC & seeing each other from across a room? There would be squeals of recognition & heels clicking madly as we saw faces we'd seen & gotten to know here! :twirl:

Besides, I just like to see our individual looks & how we arrange ourselves. So there's my couple 'o pennies worth...

Peace, Luv, & Smiling Faces,

Veronica

Yes, there is a certain amount of self-validation to posting pics. What I like most, however, about those I post as well as the ones I don't, is the sense of growth I see in the progression of pictures from my early recorded photos to now. I am much better now than at first and that feels good. There are some pics that I will NEVER post. I do look at them from time to time JUST to remind me of how I do NOT want to look ever again. <wide grin>

By the way Veronica, You look lovely. (just thot you would like to know that.)

Deborah Jane
09-17-2007, 12:18 PM
I,ve posted an old pic in my avatar because it,s all i,ve got. When i get a digital camera, i will definatly post new pics, just because i feel i look better now!!

chucks
09-17-2007, 12:39 PM
it's entertaining to me and develops real connections on a subtle level.

Karren H
09-17-2007, 01:01 PM
Truthfuly.......... I post my photos cause I'm Beautiful... And Vain!!! Ohhh and modest! Too!

:D

And senile... Did I mention Beautiful??

Karren

kay_jessica
09-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Truthfuly.......... I post my photos cause I'm Beautiful... And Vain!!! Ohhh and modest! Too!

:D

And senile... Did I mention Beautiful??

Karren

Karren, you most definitely are modest. Your pics are always stunning.

Hugs

Kay