PDA

View Full Version : SCC Stories???

Veronica Fallon
09-17-2007, 08:31 AM
Hi everyone,

So where are the stories from this year's SCC (Southern Comfort Conference)???

I'm sure I'm not the only one who yearned to attend, but was unable (sigh). Will you lucky ladies who did get to go please help us experience a vicarious taste of the experience through your tales??

You're probably quite tired, & hopefully still humming with magical bliss from your weekend,
but when you can... pwetty pweeeeeze??? :battingeyelashes::Pray:

Thank you,

Veronica

joann07
09-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Hi Veronica,

Sorry you couldn't make it.
I would've loved to have met you, but we can always look forward to next year.

I just got back from SCC and I have to say that it was THE best time. :)
I was so excited to go and it was more than what I expected. Everyone from the conference staff to the attendees treated each other with courtesy and respect, as if we were one big family. Because of that, it made new comers like myself feel at home. :hugs:

For all transgendered (i.e. crossdressers [M2F, F2M], M2F & F2M transsexuals), whether you're in the closet or out and about, I would recommend that you go to this event at least once in your lifetime because you'll love it.

The conference staff did a great job at organizing this event. And for the first time this year, they had a job fair in which several companies, large and small, where in attendance offering job opportunities.
The seminars were very informational and they offered a wide variety of topics that taylored to just about everyone.
Unfortunately, I couldn't go to all of them so its one reason for me to come back again the next year.
I posted some pictures and my brief thoughts in another thread, see this link.
My first SCC experience in brief (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67110)

I'm still soaking it in so it'll take me some time to gather my thoughts, but if anyone has any questions feel free to ask me anything.

Hugs!

uknowhoo
09-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Hiya Veronica. I'm sorry you weren't able to make it this time. As Joanne said, it was an absolutely wonderful experience, and I'm still on :c9: I'll try to post a bit more of my experience sometime soon (just stealing a few minutes at work right now :heehee:).

Deidra Cowen
09-17-2007, 06:22 PM
SCC: On The Way, There & Done.

On The Way.

Around lunchtime I had already gotten home, done all that's involved in getting dressed up. Had my white Capri's, red top and snazzy new little white shoes. A sense of excitement overtook me as I headed out of my place for SCC. First stop was however was at my cleaners to drop my guy work cloths to be cleaned. It was only the second time the little lady that runs the dry cleaners had seen me enfemme. Dropped my stuff, just did my business and then she said 'you look beautiful, go have fun!"

The past two SCCs I had gone in boy mode then dressed at the hotel, but this time day and night I just came and went from home enfemme since I did not get a room this time. I am still no big deal compared to a lot of Tgirls, but I am making progress, these days I constantly come and go and don't care who sees me when enfemme. I do think SCC has been a big part of me growing with this being Transgendered. Last year after the conference was over, I said heck with it! Dressed up for my trip home, one of the very first times I had been enfemme out in public during the day.

Fought my way thru traffic, then pulled up to the hotel. I felt a huge rush when I looked and saw all the Tgirls already hanging out up front. Went in and joined the fun.

I had literally just arrived when Chloe Prince walked up to me to talk! (see Cat Fight blog entry) To just keep it short we had a nice talk and how about this for a shocker. I ended up liking the heck out of her by the end of the conference. We talked several times and while I guess she is still going to be running her Georgia group we kinda worked it all out. The girl is quite beautiful, got da personality, is quite ambitious about trans issues and wants to do a lot of things. Oh no doubt she might sometimes rub people the wrong way....but so does yours truly. <giggle> So we probably got a lot more in common than we have different about us. Well I am not that good lookin but that's ok, I do fine! <wink>

There

An Hotel with SCC going on has a feeling unlike any other resort or hotel you have been to. First off the lobby and common areas are super crowded from m0rning till very late in the evening. People are coming and going from seminars, the vender's room, the meals in the ballroom and then as evening approaches you get traffic to and from parties.

And the crowd? Tons and Tons of Tgirls (more than you will ever see anywhere I would guess), a few Trans men mixed in and then a good number of wives of the Cd's. Also as I call them civilians are mixed in with all of us. But with over 800 trans folk registered of course not many 'regular' people are to be seen since the hotel is full of trans folk, especially as the weekend takes over. But there are some, this time especially there were a couple of Wedding Parties that were at the hotel. Oh my it was fun watching them watch us...and they were very kewl and interacted with a lot of the Trans folk.

I especially tried to behave this year! I moderated myself on the partying. Thursday Night and Friday Night I only had a few drinks and both nights went home relatively early not much past midnight. That meant I woke up the next morning feeling great, got dressed and hauled bootie right back to the hotel to hangout all day. That's what I really enjoyed, being a girl in a none party environment, socializing, going to seminars, hanging out and just having fun! Of course that's a very special environment....but none the less I got a small taste of what it would be like to be a women all the time. Dammit, the more I experience being in a female role the more it feels like the way I should be all the time!

I am going to really chicken out on doing names...I am always scared of leaving someone out...and know myself from reading sometimes another blog or post somewhere I get my feelings hurt when someone I thought I had fun with, a special conversation, dancing, etc does not mention me on a list. So with that being said of course I had the most fun with and spent the greatest amount of time with my Georgia Tgirl Club Sisters and Brothers. We had a huge crowd there as we should have with SCC being in our hometown. Once again the crazies as I call them were a hoot to hang out with and none stop fun.

I also saw some girls from Crossdressers.com ... a wacky yet fun little forum I blow way too much time on! Had fun with them too...especially some of the girls and wives from Augusta who I danced with and also ate with at one of my only meals at the hotel. I met a good number of people too from outside I guess the two main circles where I have friends at. Girls from previous SCCs and then every once in a while someone would just walkup and say hi. Usually saying they had seen my pics on the net. Oh lord I guess being a photo***** has its advantages after all.

I get so wrapped up in hangin with my friends, meet a good number of people, yet it does not ever seem like I meet enough new people. But then I just remember there are like 800 people there...there is only so much time, can't chat up everyone!

Done

Very, very late Saturday Night or really early in the morning Sunday, I finally at a wild late night party in a suite (A Plastic Surgeon there as a Presenter did this super kewl hospitality room!) found myself thinking it was time to throw in the towel. Went down, saw some girls smoking out in front of the lobby. Joined them for a smoke, chatted with one old friend from previous SCCs...then gave two girls from Chicago who I had really not talked or met the whole conference a ride a few blocks to their hotel since at 5am it was impossible for them to even find a valet to summon a taxi. Dropped those two sweeties off and headed home very sad that SCC was yet again over for another year.

Jodi
09-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Deidra, I'm glad you got to meet Chloe Prince. I met her about 3 years ago in Warren, OH. She was with a friend Sheila. We asked Sheila and Chloe to join us for dinner at our favorite upscale Italian restaurant. We noted that during dinner Chloe was very quiet and quite nervous. After we left the restaurant, we found out that it was Chloe's first time going out to dinner enfemme. She looked as fabulous then as she does now. And as you found out, she is probably the most passable cd I have met.

So, I was in on housebreaking Chloe to the life out and about.

Jodi

Deidra Cowen
09-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Deidra, I'm glad you got to meet Chloe Prince. I met her about 3 years ago in Warren, OH. She was with a friend Sheila. We asked Sheila and Chloe to join us for dinner at our favorite upscale Italian restaurant. We noted that during dinner Chloe was very quiet and quite nervous. After we left the restaurant, we found out that it was Chloe's first time going out to dinner enfemme. She looked as fabulous then as she does now. And as you found out, she is probably the most passable cd I have met.

So, I was in on housebreaking Chloe to the life out and about.

Jodi

Thats a very neat story Jodi!!! Kewl you housebroke Chloe...lord she is moving fast. We have a girl like that in Atlanta. Went from the very first time dressed to a FT girl even at work in two years flat. Chloe too works as a girl...thats always quite impressive and still rare these days.

Kandi
09-17-2007, 09:27 PM
The SCC was sooooooo much fun!!! 15 wardrobe changes and two makeovers. As I've posted before I miss my football days and have replaced that with competitive crossdressing. My only competition being my own mind and what i'll put it up to doing or wear. Apparently I like challenges so I set out to be all I could be.

Did the back, chest and leggs brazilian wax thing first off the bat followed by a full set and pedi. Then my wife and I went to the lingerie mart North of Atlanta 20 miles and found some great items.

By 5:00 pm wednesday we wear pulling up to the crown plaza. Registration was quick and the hardest thing of the trip was getting my wifes and my luggage to the room.

Socializing had to have been one of the funnest activities for the week. I met more girls then I ever dreamed of and didn't even scratch the surface. There wear even girls like deidra that I shared a few dances with but never did get to spend enough time with. You never had to look farther then twenty feet to meet totally cool people.

I was hell bent on new life experiences so I let my wife talk me into singing Jimmy Buffet at the kareoke party. Big mistake. It might have helped to have done a little preperation. As it was I bombed miserably but walked off the stage head up and grinnin and promised to return next year better prepared.

The parties were great, The hotel was awsome, my wife was the most fun.

I had been riding my bike all summer along the augusta canal and if I could average 16 or 17 mph I felt I had a great ride. Sunday night after returning home from atl I rode the canal and averaged 20 mph!!! Talk about some stored up adrenlin.

All in all I must say it was an outstanding experience and would encourage anyone to attend it.

I must stop this babbling.

Looking forward to next year

Kandi

uknowhoo
09-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Okay, one of many highlights for me came Friday night.

There was a bus which took a bunch of us from the hotel to a bar called the Stage Door. As I headed toward the front door, one of the first girls off the bus was coming out of the place saying "get back on the bus, this place is a dud.: LOL Well, when I walked in, I was a bit disappointed. It was a rather brightly lit redneck bar with a few folks sitting around playing cards and lookin at us funny. In fairness it was a redneck/tranny bar - cool combination, huh!Anyway, we headed to the back room where the lights were lower, they had Karaoke going and the mood was a bit more festive. Well, I'mm gonna have a good time regardless. So, despite the fact I can't sing for s*** I signed up for the Karaoake. They took a break to play some dance music, which was nice, then a lil while later it was my turn to sing. Now I'm a bit of a ham so I make an announcement first about how it was all these trannies were here and thanx Atlanta for welcoming us, and let's hear it girls (that got the crowd up a bit). Then I sang and danced my way through Man, I Feel Like a Woman!.. What a hoot! It was a tonna fun, and while I may not have been on key the whole time, I think it went over pretty well anyway. :D

Jessica1
09-18-2007, 12:20 AM
Was a GREAT GREAT TIME (barring one small incident). Hotel and staff at Crowne Plaza were terrific and did a great job of hosting the event -- the epitome of professional. It's funny, you meet so many great girls in such a small amount of time -- it really is a rush as Deidra said - lol. Also was able to get to know some of the local ATL vendors (esp the girls at God Save the Queen, they were fabulous); ESP the inimitable Nicole Brooks -- you go girl!

I wore this pink corset w/ a black pleated mini on Friday ... after Stage Door. A transman drove a group of us girls over to a club Paris in Decature -- a lesbian bar. We had a FUN time there until the early hours of Sat morning! :D

Girls, if you have been thinking about going to a conference or just getting out enfemme in general this is one of the best environments to do so -- everyone is so supportive! I have pics forthcoming of that outfit that I will post here (and look for me on Jamie Austins site as well).

here is a vid link to me @ SCC:

* http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=18232604

** Also, be on the lookout for upcoming web-based show about the tg community ... I helped to film some interviews for the show at the hotel during SCC; tentative title is
Alt TV (not sure what I think about the title - lol). Anyway, keep a look out for it. ttfn

joann07
09-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Okay, one of many highlights for me came Friday night.

There was a bus which took a bunch of us from the hotel to a bar called the Stage Door. As I headed toward the front door, one of the first girls off the bus was coming out of the place saying "get back on the bus, this place is a dud.: LOL Well, when I walked in, I was a bit disappointed. It was a rather brightly lit redneck bar with a few folks sitting around playing cards and lookin at us funny. In fairness it was a redneck/tranny bar - cool combination, huh!Anyway, we headed to the back room where the lights were lower, they had Karaoke going and the mood was a bit more festive. Well, I'mm gonna have a good time regardless. So, despite the fact I can't sing for s*** I signed up for the Karaoake. They took a break to play some dance music, which was nice, then a lil while later it was my turn to sing. Now I'm a bit of a ham so I make an announcement first about how it was all these trannies were here and thanx Atlanta for welcoming us, and let's hear it girls (that got the crowd up a bit). Then I sang and danced my way through Man, I Feel Like a Woman!.. What a hoot! It was a tonna fun, and while I may not have been on key the whole time, I think it went over pretty well anyway. :D

Tammi,

I apologize again to you that I didn't get to see you sing and dance, but I'm glad that you were still able to have a great time and get the crowd into it. I know I would've enjoyed it.

She hit it right on the mark.
I thought the girl saying "Get back on the bus, this place is a dud..." was joking, but when we walked in it was just as Tammi described. People were sitting around talking, playing pool, playing poker, and that’s about it other than the karaoke in the back room, then I ran into a group of IXE girls from Indiana.
They were very nice and accomodating and welcomed me in joining them at their table.
I had a pleasureable conversation with these lovely ladies, especially with Shannon (ShannonDragon), and they made me feel right at home with them. Unfortunately, the smoke from the place started irritating my eyes so when another bus arrived, a 1/2 hour later, I had to bug out along with several other girls.
As we boarded the bus, there were others waiting to get off, but they were wondering why we were getting on. Once they heard the news about the place, they stayed and rode back.

Hugs!

Deidra Cowen
09-18-2007, 05:46 PM
"get back on the bus, this place is a dud.: LOL Well, when I walked in, I was a bit disappointed. It was a rather brightly lit redneck bar with a few folks sitting around playing cards and lookin at us funny. In fairness it was a redneck/tranny bar - cool combination, huh!

The Stage Door should have never been used for SCC, I was told rumors by some that SCC wanted a trendy dance club but could not workout a contract and actually had one deal fall thru...so they went to our local hangout which is just a low key place.

But beyond all that the owner it has to be admitted totally let us down...we local Tgirls heard all about it the next day how bad the Stage Door was. Byron just did his usual poker night and the Karaoke thing. He should have canned that and had entertainment (Band then a DJ) like he does for some large gay groups that have events at the Stage Door. We were embarrrashed our hangout looked so bad, plus a little mad he did not support us for our big event like he does for the Gay Rodeo or the Gay Softball League. Both of which have big events there and he goes all out for them! Band, DJ, Decorations, shooters, etc.

I will say that we alternate between our local gang going out to wild dance bars and events like Twinlkedome. We then half the time just go to the Stage Door since we kinda have our own little area that is not loud and we just hangout, play pool and chat the night away. Not actually wild hard clubbin! :heehee:

But there is a move afoot to move our hangout...more and more we are going to a lesbian bar called Paris that has more to offer; friendly cute lesbians, a nice bar area where you can chat, then another room with great dance music and a lively dance floor.

Anyway just wanted to let you know we locals heard all about the Stage Door and were upset out of towners thought we had such a terrible hangout.

Oh well, sorry probably was not the place for this long response but I and my friends were upset by this, but if ya actually come to Atlanta on a regular none SCC weekend we actually do have a kewl little CD social scene!

Jodi
09-18-2007, 07:17 PM
What date is it???

Darla, It is the week before Thanksgiving. For complete details, go to www.eriesisters.org.

Jodi

susie evans
09-18-2007, 07:50 PM
diedra
thanks for the update on scc sounds like a lot of fun :hugs:

susie

uknowhoo
09-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Anyway just wanted to let you know we locals heard all about the Stage Door and were upset out of towners thought we had such a terrible hangout.

For the record sweetie, not all of us thought it was that damned terrible. It just wasn't at all what we expected. I think some of us girls didn't really give it a fair chance, but I wound up staying several hours, meeting some nice girls I wouldn't've gotten to meet otherwise, and had alotta fun. As we were waiting for the bus to pick us up, one of the bartenders hung out with us out front, and I must say, he was really sweet.

I am going to really chicken out on doing names...I am always scared of leaving someone out...and know myself from reading sometimes another blog or post somewhere I get my feelings hurt when someone I thought I had fun with, a special conversation, dancing, etc does not mention me on a list.

oh yeah, about that :o I should've taken your advise about the name game thingy, as I left out a coupla gals when posting in another thread... including you Dei dear (sorry :cute:) It was quite a treat for me getting to chat with you a coupla times, even if only briefly. And let me tell the rest of you, Deidra is every bit as pretty in RL as in her avatar. :love:

Thora
09-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Did any of you see the trans-men on stage at the pre-function area after the Saturday dinner? There were about 60 who eventually got on the stage and hammed it up for a bunch of group photos. There was camera flash everywhere. It was wonderful.

Also, what was your favorite seminar. I attended a seminar on ageing and transgender. It was the first time I realized that I am not the only one who is going to have to plan on it. I'm about five years from retirement. It was so good to know that there are so many of us in the same boat.

Lori SC
09-18-2007, 09:36 PM
I don't know why you want to hear our stories Veronica, it will only make you sad :sad:that you missed the conference.

But since you asked, here are some random thoughts...

Everyone I talked to said they had a great time. There were very few problems with the hotel, staff, activities. A great conference. Better than last year!

Being enfemme for 4 days was great! Of course the real world intrudes evetually. I hated to see Sunday roll around.

Highlights and lowlights...

- Buying 2 blouses and a skirt at Burlington Coat factory. I know they fit right because I used the ladies dressing room. No problems there.

- Having my toes torn up by my sandles. sores, blisters, bleeding. Yuk.

- Going to dinner with Phoebe to some poor Mexican restaurant. Phoebe took the shortcut and it took 45 minutes to get there. The return the "long" way took 15 minutes. We won't be going back there. (We do wonder what they said about us in Spanish).

- I had a makover at MAC cosmetics while at SCC. For $50 the artist worked on me for over an hour in the back room. They know their stuff and can really advise on a good color. I was very pleased with the result.

- Shopping my friend for over 4 hours at Perimeter Mall - AND SHE DIDN'T BUY A THING!

- Wowing the crowd at Agathas, a dinner mystery theater, if I do say so myself. I had a two lines playing Paris Hilton. My wife and I met up with 3 other couples we know, we weren't with the SCC crowd.

- Dinner at a Japanese steak house. I tried sake for the first time. Pretty good, but I prefer wine. All our wives were drunk and very funny! Ask me about the pearl biting sometime!

- An oppurtunity for ****ty attire at Twinkledome...

- Oh, can't forget the pool party...

- Looking great in my blue eveing dress and strappy sandles.
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u8/Lori_girrl/SCCbluegown.jpg

- Dancing the night away....

- I didn't take enough pictures! :sad:

I can't wait till next year!

Hugz, Lori

Roberta Lynn
09-19-2007, 12:20 AM
I had such a great time at the SCC this year. There are so many wonderful memories. The one thing that was really special was our dinner at the Wildfire restaurant. Joann describes it in detail in her thread. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67215

For me this restaurant thing was a big step. This was the first time I was out in the real world as Roberta. Although it did seem like we had to walk through every part of the restaurant to get to our booth, I wasn't near as nervous as I thought I would be. Joann, Tammi and Lea were so confident, so matter of fact about it, I think I was just in that 'zone' Tammi talked about in her thread http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67154.

Anyway it was as Joann described, a great experience.

The Stagedoor was a disappointment, not bad, just not what was expected.
I do regret, I think, not staying long enough to hear Tammi sing 'Man I Feel Like A Woman':sad:

The best I can tell you, if you ever get a chance to come to this convention DO NOT pass it up.:D

Veronica Fallon
09-19-2007, 07:12 AM
I don't know why you want to hear our stories Veronica, it will only make you sad that you missed the conference.

...I was a lil' sad about it last week Lori, but now I find myself reading & re-reading your lovely stories, & trying to imagine myself amongst you all. As I do, it gives me just a little of the thrill & liberation you must have felt. Its like you are each working on the same painting, taking turns with the brush, & creating a clearer picture to wrap my mind around. And like the stories here of your public adventures, which have encouraged me to start going out, these SCC stories just make me more determined than ever to attend next year!!

:daydreaming: I just wish they had one in the Springtime too!! :thumbup:
Thanks to all you lucky ladies for sharing a taste of a dream with us!! :love:
I'll meet you on :c9: next year!!!

Peace, Luv, & Sisterhood,

Veronica

uknowhoo
09-19-2007, 07:23 AM
April... http://www.transeventsusa.org/ifge/

or June... http://www.be-all.org/ (site not updated for next year)

I understand SCC is the biggest of the conferences (871 registrants this year!!), but there are others as well. If you search old threads you can prolly find out more about each. I know a # of people who went to Be-All, and while it was only about 1/2 as big, I heard nothing but glowing reports.

In fact, it was my (in part) vicarious enjoyment of Be-All which led me to take the SCC plunge. :D

xoxo

Tammi

Veronica Fallon
09-19-2007, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the links Tammi. Believe it or not, I was actually living in Eureka Springs, Arkansas (home of "Femme Getaway") when I first discovered the need/delights of expressing my feminine nature. I was waaaaay too timid then to even consider joining in, but it was awesome (almost surreal) to see a few of the ladies shopping in the downtown historic district. It is such an awesome lil' town, & so very diverse & accepting of us. We locals had a saying: "Eureka Springs- where the misfits fit!". It's a magical-kinda place with some very cool & diverse souls, & I miss it there still. When I go back to visit next, it will be during the convention & for a week afterwards- time for both, Veronica, & that guy! :heehee:

I recommend you try "Femme Getaway" just to experience Eureka, much less doing so as a woman. Just bring a variety of shoes, as downtown sidewalks are all up & down cobblestone.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.femmegetaway.com/a_08hoteloval1ca1.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.femmegetaway.com/&h=402&w=347&sz=54&hl=en&start=288&sig2=Dirx7NSCV8HtmB4VBAzbAQ&tbnid=PvrG8BrdAj7j6M:&tbnh=124&tbnw=107&ei=sfWpRoyVPJ2CeMOQnMQF&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcrossdressing%26start%3D288%26gbv%3D2 %26ndsp%3D18%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

Hopefully I'll see you there too!! :D

Travelin' Hugz,

Veronica

Lori SC
09-19-2007, 09:08 PM
...I was a lil' sad about it last week Lori, but now I find myself reading & re-reading your lovely stories, & trying to imagine myself amongst you all. As I do, it gives me just a little of the thrill & liberation you must have felt. Its like you are each working on the same painting, taking turns with the brush, & creating a clearer picture to wrap my mind around. And like the stories here of your public adventures, which have encouraged me to start going out, these SCC stories just make me more determined than ever to attend next year!!

Veronica

What a beautiful image Veronica. That's really a nice way of thinking about all our diverse stories.

Thanks for the links Tammi. Believe it or not, I was actually living in Eureka Springs, Arkansas (home of "Femme Getaway") when I first discovered the need/delights of expressing my feminine nature. I was waaaaay too timid then to even consider joining in, but it was awesome (almost surreal) to see a few of the ladies shopping in the downtown historic district.

Veronica

I can't believe you lived in Eureka Springs and never attended the Getaway. Well, if you go this Fall, you will have a great time. The Getaway was the first TG conference I went to a few years ago, and where I met two other couples who we now see on at least a yearly basis to CD with. (Our wives get along real well too).

As the nike ad says, "Just do it"!

Hugz, Lori