PDA

View Full Version : In the zone... se habla femme?

uknowhoo
09-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Now I've been dressing for decades, been out before, and have always loved my time as Tammi. Never before though, had I been "in the zone." Trying to describe this to my wife last night, I came up with the following analogy...

I minored in Spanish at college, and spent the summer of my sophomore year studying abroad (no, not as a broad :rolleyes:). It was there where, for the first time, that my mind "switched" and I began thinking in Spanish - as opposed to thinking in English, translating into Spanish in my head, then vocalizing.

I experienced the same phenomenon as Tammi the other day. I was luxuriating in the full immersion environment at the Southern Comfort Conference when, for the first time, I got "into the zone." It was almost like my mind switched again, only this time into femme mode. I wasn't worrying about my walk or gesticulation, nor was I the least bit insecure in my femininity. I was able to simply (and thoroughly) enjoy the moment - as a girl! :c9: It was a truly remarkable - and blissful - experience. :c9:

So, tell us about your experiences "in the zone."

Veronica Fallon
09-17-2007, 03:25 PM
That's exactly how I can get quite often while dressed at home! Sometimes I even get a lil' stuck & have to force myself back to the dreaded "drab".
Now... if I can just learn to engage the "zone" as I take my first steps out into the world...

Hugz,

Veronica

PaulaJaneThomas
09-17-2007, 03:29 PM
I just do what comes naturally and what I feel comfortable with. I think I've more or less always been like that so I've never had that "in the zone" sensation which you describe. It's always just me being me instead of hiding part of me.

Lisa Rose
09-17-2007, 06:52 PM
That's a big WOW for you Tammi. I have never hit that spot and wonder if I really and truly would like to be female or is it just a male desire for more femininity in my life. I've wondered many times what is it about me why I don't hit that 'zone' that you talk about. I think many times that it's because I haven't had enough experiences being a 'women'.

Violetgray
09-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Muy bueno! Ahora tu eres una mujer verdad!

Congrats! :D

Kandi
09-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Hey tammi,

You were in the zone when you got your pedicure at the mall. I know cause I was there!!!!

I enjoyed meeting you and regret not talking to you more. So many girls so little time. I suspect we will run into each other again.

Kandi

JoAnnDallas
09-18-2007, 08:51 AM
A few months ago, I too switched into the "Zone" mode. Up till them, I had gone out dressed, even attended a CD convention and Tri-Ess meetings. The thing about these outings is everyone knew we were CDer's. IMHO this is different than going out solo and blending in with others.
Then one day while all dressed up, I drove over and filled up the SUV. While I was filling up the SUV, I all of a sudden felt different. It was like a switch had been thrown. It is hard to discribe the feeling unless you have gone threw it. It was like all of a sudden I was a different person, a completely different gender. I had crossed over. That is when I turned and looked at the station Convenient store and decided that after I had completed filling up the SUV, to walk over, go in, get a bottle of water, pay for it, and walk out. My first solo outing among others. So I did it. When I got back into the SUV, the feeling I had was Unbelievable. Over the next couple of days, I repeated the outing, going to various other Convenient stores. That is when I decide the go shopping and went to the Payless Shoe Store.

Carla4Guage
09-18-2007, 09:18 AM
I can't say that I have ever been there. Been close sometimes, a three day weekend, completly in fem once, but not quite as you describe. Would love to have been so at ease and envy you the experience.

NovaScotia
09-18-2007, 06:41 PM
I, too have been dressing for decades, but Tammy, you are light years ahead of me. Thanks for the travel guide! I will eventually get to join you in the zone, I hope.

eleventhdr
09-18-2007, 07:10 PM
On rre occsioins when i am somehow just able to shut out all of the noise and then the girl within finally does show hereself she just really does want to take me over and to become hereselve which is what and who i really am way down inside ah well she is there!

Suzy Ann!

Sally24
09-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Sometimes that happens when I'm out with the girls, but not always.

uknowhoo
09-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Thank you all for your responses. I don't think it's something that can be practiced or worked towards, per se, rather something that just happens. I look forward to it happening again sometime soon. Good luck to all of you. xoxo Tammi

RobertaFermina
09-18-2007, 10:11 PM
I hit the zone for the first time at BurningMan last year...after 4 consecutive days and nights of CD....before that I dressed only at parties...nights isolated by years between.

Now I cruise the Zone weekly.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Sheri 4242
09-19-2007, 05:07 AM
I minored in Spanish at college, and spent the summer of my sophomore year studying abroad . . . It was there where, for the first time, that my mind "switched" and I began thinking in Spanish - as opposed to thinking in English, translating into Spanish in my head, then vocalizing.

I experienced the same phenomenon as Tammi the other day . . . I was able to simply (and thoroughly) enjoy the moment - as a girl! It was a truly remarkable - and blissful - experience.

This is a most amazing way to look at things, Tammi!!! Very impressive!!!

(I may have been in "the zone" when I got a tattoo while switched and thinking in French -- on my upper thigh -- a characture of me CD'ed with "Dichotomie Feminine de Une" and the sign for female scrolled beside it.)