PDA

View Full Version : Working out!!!

Mollyanne
09-18-2007, 05:30 AM
OK, Do you excersize and do you use male or female excersizes? Being that I am in female mode most if not all the time I use the female regimin to work out. It works for me and I can see improvement in my legs and thighs not to mention my waist.

:love: Mollyanne

Deborah Jane
09-18-2007, 05:46 AM
I normally work out in male mode!!! But did my first femme workout earlier, having bought a leotard and aerobics dvd, i thought i,d give it a try!!:heehee:

dream_gurl_sara
09-18-2007, 06:16 AM
I have always been into fitness, I normally run or do aerobics. I was curious as to what the different "male" or "female" exercises are? I am interested in working on my feminine shape, getting curvy hips and a *gasp* bangin' booty. What kind of excercises should I focus on, or what are some good resources (magazines, websites, etc.) for a girl like me?

Suzie Green
09-18-2007, 07:42 AM
I am a triathlete and marathon runner, and exercise is a daily thing for me. If you want killer legs and a toned tummy, you gotta use 'em girl!! :hugs:

Now having said that, most of my workouts consist of 10 mile runs or 50 mile bike rides, and I'm doubting that I'd ever do them en femme, only because my makeup would make me look like something out of the Rocky Horror Picture Show!! :lol2:

eliot
09-18-2007, 09:19 AM
I am an avid bike rider and agree that riding en femme would be difficult. I do however regularly wear a sports bra in cooler weather as a chest warmer and can recommend it. It keeps your chest warm and provides a bit of the girlish feeling. I have tried some photos in bike gear with wig, make up, forms, etc. with results I would never share with anyone.

Mayliis
09-18-2007, 10:03 AM
I lately, i started to go run few times per week, to get feminine shape, and every move what i do, in some situations, i try to act like real female. I enjoy the feelings on that moment....

Kisses...
Mayliis

Sedona
09-18-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm a fitness cyclist, and while I don't go en femme, I do usually wear ladies' bike shorts and jerseys if they are androgynous enough (no flowers, etc). I'll also do a sports bra underneath in cooler weather.

Tommie Rae
09-18-2007, 12:00 PM
but I only do a short 20-minute total routine on all the machines. Kind of like the Curves model. I hike and walk a lot so my butt and legs look really good, either as male or female. I add a few more exercises for my waist and pecs and that helps develop what little feminine shape I have.

ArleneRaquel
09-18-2007, 12:59 PM
I work out at home - 100% Female Mode. :love: & :hugs: Beyonce Welch - :drink: Chardonnay - It will Keep You Well*

* The Bible says " A little Wine is good for the Stomach ".

Karren H
09-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Mine are generic..... I play ice hockey twice a week (poooo brown team this season and we stink!!), walk the dog 3 times a week, walk at lunch twice a week, hit my universal guy in the basement 2-3 times a week, park the car in the furthest lot, never take the elevator only the stairs.. Zig zag route from my office to the ice maching tripples the distance... They way I see it I'm exersizing all the time!! Lol.

Mostly lower body and stomach... Trying to maintain my girlish figure and get inshape for old age... Its coming at me way too fast!! Lol

Karren

Mitch23
09-18-2007, 01:13 PM
I am a triathlete and marathon runner, and exercise is a daily thing for me. If you want killer legs and a toned tummy, you gotta use 'em girl!! :hugs:

Now having said that, most of my workouts consist of 10 mile runs or 50 mile bike rides, and I'm doubting that I'd ever do them en femme, only because my makeup would make me look like something out of the Rocky Horror Picture Show!! :lol2:
I'm a road runner too - thats what gives me my whippet shape. thought about competing in the girl's categories but i think they might object!

Mitch

Brianna Lovely
09-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Although I could never keep up with our lovely Karren, I can recommend "Shape" magazine, some very good health advice and exercise routines.

Rachael1963
09-18-2007, 01:27 PM
I like to run or do aerobic exercise. As you can see I have a nice pink girly leotard. I wish I could do aerobics in a femmine sort of way though!

Rach xx

ps do do they do aerobics for cross dressers (market niche)

Karren H
09-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Although I could never keep up with our lovely Karren, I can recommend "Shape" magazine, some very good health advice and exercise routines.

LOL Brianna... We'll you know me girly!! Any excuse to sneak into the guys locker room, legally wear a girdle, garter belt and stockings!! Hehe

Karren

Marla
09-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Hey we all sweat the same!

Michelle_CD
09-18-2007, 03:57 PM
I am a triathlete also. So I run, bike, and swim and I guess these are all exercises that women do. I haven't worn a sports bra while running but since it is getting a little cooler and its dark in the morning when I run I will have to give it a shot.

Lisa Golightly
09-18-2007, 04:07 PM
I sleepercise... *yawn* Mmmmmmmmmmm... like a kitten in a duvet :)

Phyliss
09-18-2007, 05:34 PM
I go to my local gym every morning, and haven't really noticed any strictly " female" routine for any of the women there, ( believe me I do watch them). However, when I go I always wear a sport bra under my baggy sweatshirt. Not for any sort of "thrill" but rather out of necessity. Used to be fat and having lost a bunch of weight ... my boobs remain. I look at it this way, I got boobs, I run, they bounce, it hurts, a bra stops that. Depending on the weather I might run outside. Either way I'm wearing a bra, some sort of "control panty" (holds things well) shorts (from Fashion Bug) or lycra/ spandex track pants, from Olympia Sport, in the ladies section. Just not the pink or pretty yellow ones. At the time I go there (5 a.m.) I could probably wear a formal gown and I don't think anybody would notice. Most everybody is too busy with their own routine and thinking of their day ahead to bother looking around at any one else.

Xandra
09-18-2007, 06:22 PM
I go to the gym 5 or 6 times a week. Mainly walk/run on the treadmill, sometimes swim, often work out with weights. Love what it all does for my figure!

Jazzmine
09-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Suzie I am the same - running, tri and cycling - and it gives you great legs! From cycling my legs have well formed muscles so they look good either male or femme (well, I would say that wouldn't I!).

Upper body also benefits from being well toned from swimming and you fit clothes way better (male or female).

When I think about it the girls that do triathlons and cycling have sensational figures so I guess there really is no real exercise difference between what's needed gender wise.

Most of the DVD woman workouts focus on firming up potentially "fatty" female areas - but which are not a problem for males if he is active. So I would concentrate on just keeping generally fit for your male gender which will help you enfemme.

Hugs Jazzmine
PS Suzie I once went cycling with panties, pantyhose and bra under cycling clothes just to try it out. Even though I thoroughly enjoyed it I wouldn't recommend it due to excess rubbing and heat! Actually I kept laughing out loud because it seemed such a hoot that I was dressed and still beating the other guys up the hills LOL

Michelle2008
09-18-2007, 10:14 PM
I began taking private tennis lessons two summers ago from a local tennis instructor. I recently told her about my crossdressing and she has turned out to be very supportive. So much so that I began playing tennis this past summer as Michelle with her during our weekly lessons. It is such a thrill and I find myself so much more full of energy on the courts. I think I get a better workout....its awesome! I don't wear any make-up but wear my forms in my sport bra and my wig. I am going through laser hair removal on my beard so beard growth isn't really an issue for me anymore.

I would recommend anyone to try working out enfemme....its a great feeling!

Michelle

Jocelyn Quivers
09-18-2007, 10:19 PM
I've been slowly feminizing or doing more female oriented workouts. I'm in the process of trying to decrease my upper body muscle mass. My workouts now consist of a majority of high rep leg and abdominal exercises.

I've decreased the weight for my upper body exercises and increased reps with the hope of burning my muscles to a smaller shape. I've also completely stopped doing bench press, and any shoulder exercises.

suzanne claire
09-20-2007, 03:39 PM
I have a trainer who puts me through a regular overall conditioning program.However most of the women who exercise on a regular basis follow the same types of exercises but use less weight for the lifting routines.:2c:

Marcie Sexton
09-20-2007, 03:45 PM
My wife and I use yoga a couple times a week, the exercises she has me doing is for women and believe it or not seem to help the certain areas of the body we girls worry about most...bottom:rolleyes:, legs:heehee:, and belly area...

Makes for more together time for us too...

Toyah
09-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Lifting a pint is enough for me :drink::D

Sam-antha
09-21-2007, 04:46 PM
Lifting a pint is enough for me :drink::D

That is why I prefer Whisky.

~Samm

PS I will have a beer with it if pressed
~S~

Joanne_'jojo'
09-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Another triathlete here, the swimming sure helps with the abs, the bike and run shape up the rear, only downside I can see is the swimming also shapes up the shoulders a bit.
However being 6'1" with some hip padding I can pull of a perfect size 16/18 :)
Haven't got any female cycling stuff yet, although almost bought a shebeest jersey that was on clearance, but I thought it may have been a size too small so passed on it. (kicking myself now)

Oh! I do have some womens "Smartwool" socks, green with kind of a flower design, awesome socks and they look so cute with my runners.

Notice how the girls get all the cool colours for race kit, I reckon by the time I'm ready for Ironman next year I'll be able to wear some of the girls stuff.

Also been doing some Pilates/Yogo to stretch out the muscles and I do have some cute yoga wear. Next stop will be Lululemon :) It's almost more fun buying clothes to work out in rather than the actual training.

Joanne.

Michelle_CD
09-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Which Ironman will you be doing Joanne? I am signed up for Wisconsin.

CDTiffany
09-21-2007, 09:35 PM
I run 5-6 miles (run) 4-5 times a week. And do some ab work.
I stay away from upper body stuff.

XOXO Tiffany

Joanne_'jojo'
09-21-2007, 09:40 PM
I wanted to do IM Coeur D'Alene but didn't have the money for entry at the time of registration, so I'm going to try to get a spot for IM Canada (Penticton).
I couldn't get to BC on the day of registration 'cos of work but I hear reliably that there are 2 half IM races that have lots of spots, so cross fingers.
Would like to race Wildflower in spring but at this point not sure if that's feasible, just changed jobs so not sure what I can get for time off.

Joanne.

SandyR
09-22-2007, 12:07 AM
Run 3 times a week, 3 miles each time. At the gym 3-4 times, add another 20 minutes on the eliptical, then to the floor for weights, but lower weights and more reps. Builds defined muscle, not so much bulk..... For me always in male mode when working out, but I have my eye on some really cool GG work out shorts......

SandyR