PDA

View Full Version : My SCC adventure

DAVIDA
09-18-2007, 06:41 AM
Well, my adventure started on Tuesday when I picked up one of my wigs from the beauty shop. On Wednesday, I went for a waxing:eek::eek::evilbegon:censor:! I don't think that I will be doing that again real soon. Talked to the shop owner and told her that I was a CD. It was like we were long lost buddies! She made an appointment for me with her for tonight to try on wigs! She told her receptionist that we were goig to play beauty shop! I still have that to look forward to.
Thursday morning, I went into a nail salon and got a set of acrilics! Wow, what a feeling!
I had taken Jean to work that morning and picked her up from work on the way out of town.
We pulled up to the hotel, and the first person I saw was Diedra Cowen. I walked up to her and she had no idea who this was coming towards her with a big smile! Phoebe was there too and she was clueless until I said who I was. About that time, Kandi walked up. That is when Diedra realized who I was! I was in drab and my fun had already begun!
We did not get there in time to go to the luncheon where several Girls from this forum met up. I really wish that I could have been there so I could have met more of you!
Just being there, seeing all types of poeple, and feeling normal was such an experience that I will never forget!
I met several poeple from here. I don't want to list them because I will forget someone. I just want them to know that it was a pleasure o meet them all!
I have been in public dressed before, but it was always with another CD. Jean and I went for a ride and I went into a store to get her beer for Sunday. It might not sound like much, but it was a thrill for me! After that , Jean and I went shopping for a while. Lots of shoes and not one that was my size!:(
On sunday morning, Jean sugested that I drive home dressed! Well, it didn't take much to convince me! We left the hotel, stopped for gas ,and off we went! We stopped one more time to go through a drive-through for a couple of buiscuits.
I had such a wonderful time. Jean was so good to me. She even wore two of my wigs and "dressed up" too!
Again, it was a pleasure meeting the ones that I did, And Diedra, Jean and I were glad that you joined us for lunch. Hope to see you again soon!

Di
09-18-2007, 08:40 AM
How very cool!!!! Sounds like the perfect weekend:D

Kandi
09-18-2007, 11:40 AM
davida,
I knew you would have a good time as did I. Is the full set still on?
Kandi

Shelly Preston
09-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Wow that does sound like a real good time :)

Jessica1
09-18-2007, 12:34 PM
It was great wasn't it? I believe I met you when I was chatting with Deidra saturday evening (I was the blonde in the pink chiffon dress). Anywho, so great to FINALLY get out in Atlanta and meet some of the girls (esp the locals as I've recently moved here).

Already marking off the calendar days to SCC '08!

ciao for now :happy:

www.myspace.com/jezzebel1

Deidra Cowen
09-18-2007, 05:20 PM
Davida...you did get me when you walked up in boy mode out in front of the hotel! That was very neat and it indeed it took Jean walking up for me to connect the dots. So indeed you have no worries about people seeing you in girl mode and ever connecting you guy side with Davida!

It was great seeing you and Jean at the conference and yes that little improptu meal in the bar was a hoot, thanks for letting me join you two. At one point I think we had like 6 people standing around our table while we were eating. LOL...even the head of SCC stopped by.

I always enjoy all four of you Augusta girls in that gang y'all have. :devil:...alway postive, chatting away and having fun. My kinda party people!!! :thumbsup:

joann07
09-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Davida,

It was a pleasure to meet you too, as well as Deidra. You all were so nice and looked very lovely. I only wished that the conference would've lasted another week so that we all, including all my other new friends, could've got together for a big group dinner or something.
Oh well, I guess we'll have to plan that for next year. :heehee:
Anyway, I had a great time and I'm hoping I'll see you all again in the near future.

Hugs!

Phoebe Reece
09-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Davida,

It was lots of fun hanging out with you and Jean several times at SCC. I hope to see the two of you in Atlanta more often in the future. Here's a photo of you at the Saturday night banquet:

DAVIDA
09-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Thanks Phoebe!
Out of 100 pictures, I think that I have about 4 of me.
It is always good to see you and the other Sig Eps girls. Jean and I hope to come back soon!

Wenda
09-18-2007, 10:22 PM
I am envious! :(:D:D
Maybe some of us in the cool north should consider hosting something. How many people attended?
sidebar: I met a shop owner today while on volunteer work who said she would really like to give me a makeover. She is a distributor for the theatrical makeup branded by one of the stars on Desperate Housewives. We could have sponsors, how-to sessions, etc, etc. w

Sugar01
09-19-2007, 03:25 AM
That would've been SO fun!