PDA

View Full Version : secret women or just a man who likes the threads?

Ted
06-13-2004, 08:19 AM
How many here are for the most part totally masculine and just like to wear the get up versus those who would prefer to be a woman?

As for myself, I like wearing women's clothes, but really can do without the makeup etc...

CDKathy
06-13-2004, 09:12 AM
This is one of those questions that will be answered differently by almost everyone.

I've been dressing off and on for nearly 40 years and have only dabbled with makeup a couple of times. For me, it is not about BEING a woman, it is about getting in touch with the softer feelings and emotions that every male has.

There were times, many years ago, when I thought I should have been born female. But, as I learned more about myself, I found that I am perfectly fine with being male as long as I can express the female part of me in everyday life. As I become more able to do so, the clothing becomes less of a channel for releasing those feelings. I now wear the clothes more because they are more comfortable than equivelent male clothes (for me anyway).

I still enjoy getting dressed up in a nice gown and lingerie and hose and heels because that still brings out feminine feelings in full force. But I do it for me only. I do it because it feels good. I still don't own any makeup items, not even nail polish. I don't even have a mirror in my room.

If I do decide to do the full makeup and attempt to pass in public, it will simply be as a challenge to myself to see if I can. At the moment, I don't feel the need.

Kathy

VanessaCD
06-13-2004, 11:17 AM
This is one of those questions that will be answered differently by almost everyone.

I've been dressing off and on for nearly 40 years and have only dabbled with makeup a couple of times. For me, it is not about BEING a woman, it is about getting in touch with the softer feelings and emotions that every male has.

Kathy
The best statement I heve ever read from another member. I can't tell you all how much that I dislike reading posts that mention the male incapability of achieving feelings of gentleness. Nothing is farther from the truth..
It is true in many cases, as for me, that drtessing just helps me get in touch more closely with the more gentle side of my persona. Yet, I have always held the ability to tap into gentleness, even without dressing.
Don't be fooled by thinking that men and women do not share the same emotional capabilities, as all humans have access to the same emotions.
Great statement Kathy!!:p

Myself, I dress because it feels good at times and it can be fun to do. A large part for most I think, might be the range of clothing materials that just aren't offered in mens clothing very often. Silks, satins, nylons etc. The "feel" is very different in something that is smooth to the touch instead of the usual burlap feeling of mens t-shirts and jeans....lol.

Jenny Beth
06-13-2004, 12:21 PM
Hi Ted,

You've asked a question that has many answers. Not all CD's are into the makeup and dressing completely as women but for those of us who do it is more about how we feel about ourselves and less about the clothes. But even those who dress as women do not necessarily want to be one, it seems a lot of us are fence sitters and the fact that we can explore our feminine side to the fullest is often enough. Every one of us is different and finds something in crossdressing that fulfills a need whether it be pleasurable,emotional or both. There are certainly those who feel they are females but that is a whole other topic!

Jenny B

Cher
06-13-2004, 12:43 PM
Dear Jenny B:
Well put, Miss Jenny, well put...luv - R

PAMMY540
06-13-2004, 12:52 PM
How many here are for the most part totally masculine and just like to wear the get up versus those who would prefer to be a woman?

As for myself, I like wearing women's clothes, but really can do without the makeup etc...
I love to dress in nylons,silky mini skirts,high heels. but am not trying to be a female.just a sexy me.

Tamara C.
06-13-2004, 02:26 PM
I personally have no desire to be a woman, like most everyone else here I just dress to have fun and because it makes me feel good. I look at it as a hobby that I try to enjoy as much as I can. I'm sure we are all on different levels as far as how far we take it when we dress, the main thing to remember is to just be yourself and do what you want to do, because your not hurting anyone...Tamara

eleventhdr
06-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Yes most of us are quite content for nwo just to be able to dress and be girlish whenever we can be. Howeve the urge to join the other sex can be overwhelming at times. I do know and feel that to become female would perhaps be a great relife at time and sometimes i just think being female yet once again would slove a great deal of lifes problems in tis lifetime and incarnation. I just think and feel that being female is much better then being male and having to deal with all of the male problems which i ma beginning to really regret since i have been female in many more past lives then male perhaps that is the whole problem a lot of us really are female in male bodies and just want to be free once again. Oh well!.

windycissy
06-15-2004, 08:42 AM
I started crossdressing because the clothes felt wonderful, and very arousing. Used to be I would get off, feel ashamed, and I can't tell you how many time I've thrown away a suitcase full of carefully acquired girl things, vowing never to do it again. Over time, as I got more confident and maybe more comfortable with myself, I realized that I could pass as a woman in public. Just lucky I guess. The first time I was referred to as "Miss" by a complete stranger it was one of the biggest thrills of my life. Now I dress up whenever I can, and I love to go shopping, to museums, and eat out (not easy for a single woman, you have to pick your spots, like hotel restaurants where women on business trips are a common sight, or a food court at a mall). It's like I'm the only one in the world who knows this incredible secret. And I just love it. Rignt now I'm wearing a taupe skirt with a black top, black flats and hose, and I'm about to stroll to a Starbuck's for breakfast and do a little shopping at Nordstrom's Rack. I'm always nervous as hell for the first few minutes, and no doubt a tiny % of the people who study me will guess that I'm a guy (teenage girls are the worst!) but I've learned that a smile is the best camouflage. And it's easy to smile, because I just love my secret life, although there's no way I would ever want to be a woman full time. I like being a guy, and having the best of both worlds.

Windy

diane
06-15-2004, 06:52 PM
I love to dress up but have zero desire to be a woman and I am not even interested in going out and "passing".

Stockings, high heels, a soft frilly dress, and silky underthings are VERY high on my list. But there is something special about lipstick and nail polish.

I don't know why but these are the things I really enjoy.

I love playing games with my wife and her friends where they "force" me to dress up like a girl and then tease me. Not in a mean spirited way but in a playful way. Telling me I'm a cute girl and the next time I don't treat a lady with respect they will "force" me to wear those high heeled pumps all day. You get the idea.

So I guess my connection with girls clothes and such really is my connection to my female side and helps me identify with the females in my life.

Plus it's just plain fun.

Going out some time would be fun but I would have to be totally hot. So far I haven't arrived there yet.

That was an interesting ramble ...

Allison Vamp
06-15-2004, 07:02 PM
i enjoy being a man and have no desire to be a woman, but when i get dressed i like to go all or nothing. it's fun to be a sexy female for an hour and i find the make-up and the wig to be the best part. i wouldn't want to look like a man in a dress. there's also something very nurturing and relaxing about having your face done.

Julie
06-15-2004, 07:43 PM
After a weekend of living en femme I have to say it's the most liberating experience I have ever had. Being out on the town, going places everyone else does and doing things I would have never before done while en femme has changed me forever.

It's not the clothes, it's just finally being me. When I look in the mirror while dressed I love the person I see. I can't say that about the male mode me. When walking in a skirt and heels I feel like I'm on top of the world! It's like no other feeling I've ever had.

I went for a makeover and the ladies there were so kind. They acted like I was just another customer and we talked at length afterwards and took pictures. Some of the other interactions I had with "normal" people were also just as pleasant.

This whole weekend was liberating in the sense that I finally got to be me, not dress as a woman, not be seen as a woman, not act like a woman. It was just me being me and people accepted that with kindness and courtesy. I can't think of a more wonderful thing to experience.

And BTW, there is no question I was treated much nicer and with more consideration this past weekend than at any other time of my life. People were so nice it just made me feel so welcomed. It's something I plan on experiencing as early and often as I can.

Love,
Julie

Ilisa
06-16-2004, 10:02 AM
It all depends.. Sometimes I do like getting completely dressed up, but most of the time I'm happy with simply panties and a bra under my male clothes. I usually go for the lingerie that is most comfortable, so for me that means plain old cotton panties. (Boring huh?) Around the house I almost always wear lipstick & thats about it.

Joy N. Wearing
06-19-2004, 11:26 AM
I've been dressing for nearly 57 years and have loved every time I have done it. In all the years that I have been dressing, sense the age of 5, I have been enthralled and infatuated with femininity and all it’s splendor, softness and beauty. In order to hide my second self, I have always overstated my masculine side by being the hardest working, toughest kick ass guy on Gods green earth ( 45 years of construction ) but I have tried to also be “the man of steel and velvet”. Now that I am retired, I dress every day and it has brought about an incredible change in the way I feel about me and the way I treat others, I like it very much.

I love the softer side of life, Satin bouffant belle gowns with as many organza petticoats as I can fit under and of course let us not forget all the satin undies. I am so appreciative of all things feminine, soft and beautiful, and the girlz that have the same desires as I do. For me, it is not about being a woman; it is about getting in touch with the softer feelings and emotions that I have. If these things are of your desires also and you are a nice person, please fe-mail at soft_sensations4me@hotmail.com. :

Just a little about me, I have been married for more than 39 years to two of the nicest woman (first wife died 18 years ago) that have also been my best friends, even after knowing about my endless passion for dressing. I am a 100% heterosexual mail who loves to dress in soft feminine cloths and enjoy the splendor of the moment. I am not passable and have never supposed that I ever will be but that dose not stop me from the joys that I derive from being engulfed in the soft sensations of being dressed in silks and satins.

Truly
Joy N. Wearing :p

:p

Miss Sherry
06-20-2004, 01:00 AM
Dressing, per se, has never been a sexual thing for me. It has always been a feeling of relaxation and a very natural way of dressing. Growing up in a homophobic, macho man environment forced me to suppress those feelings, but of course they still occasionally leaked out, as when I would put on my sister's silk slips when alone, or admire her flouncy, petticoated poodle skirt (this was the fifties, mind you, and I was VERY young :p )

I have come to terms with the fact that I am a male by birth, but given a realistic chance, I'd change that in a heart beat. Unfortunately, the medical advances came too late for me, and I'm not about to throw my family in turmoil just for my pleasure, so it's macho-male by day and silky-fem by night.

Sherry :)

pinkspider886
06-20-2004, 05:54 AM
Ever since i can remember the thought of wearing girlie clothes turned me on.I,m 37 now & have no desire to be a girl. My life in femminine attire has only made my desire for women stronger, as they get to wear the nicest clothes. I have a wife who know,s all about my crossdressing & allows my desires to flow. It did take me a long time to get across to her that as a consequence i hopfully had a better understanding of female feelings & emotions. Now after 4 years together she understands that i do not want to be female, but to be me either as Michael or pinkspider. :) :) :)

Ted
08-01-2004, 07:12 PM
Throwing away the suitcase..... defined as "purging" in psychiatric books..... been reading up a lot on it..... I know it's expensive...... I fianally decided I wasn't going to purge anymore...... Since my CDing is hurting my marriage, I'm going to have to store my stuff.... but I won't throw it out.

HillaryArtemis
08-01-2004, 07:39 PM
I used to be aroused by wearing female garments, but that kind of thing I left behind. Now when I dress I really become another person, and I really try and pass. I want to be the best at this, I want to be able to go back and forth. I have always wanted this, but was so worried about this that I spent years of being misreable and probably making others misreable. Now I am my wife's best friend and husband to my angel. I feel so much better about everything and I am making people around me a lot happier. Jody is like a release for me. She is such a part of me that it is unbelievable. Although it sounds cray, I often find myself talking to her. When she comes out, she is herself and separate. During this forum, I rarely write as male, Jody takes over. So when I dress now it is everything from perfume to eyeliner to heels and skirts.

JodiArtemis

Marda
08-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Hi CDs

WEBSTER'S WORD FOR MARDA

Marda > see *an.drog.y.nous*
1: having the characteristics of both male and female

MardaSpeak for .................. an.drog.y.nous

Male........................................Blue
Female...................................Red
Androgynous.........................Green

MardaSpeak for Marda........Green

Although I live in *secret*, I'm not "Red" ... but my thinking, feeling and acting is probably considered by myself and anybody who knows much about "me" to be much more "Red" than "Blue"

Although I "Look" "Blue" and have "Blue Hardware", my operating system, utilities and software function with characteristics of both "Reds" & "Blues" in what I consider to be a "B.O.B.Performance/ValuePak"

Hetero "Reds" find me to be a *Great* "lay" who seems to "understand what makes them feel like a natural woman" and I have no inclination to intimately acquaint myself with "Blues"

To answer the Topic Question(s) ...

"No", I'm not a "Secret Red", nor am I a "Blue" who likes these threads

To be Brutally honest, I think there's an abundance of "garbage" in these threads

I'm researching for information that will help me become the best "Green" Human Being I can possibly be

Are there any more "Greens" out there in CDland ??

ttfn / Marda

Sherlyn
08-01-2004, 08:05 PM
i myself like jodi says .. sherlyn.. is a different part of me.. when.. i dress as her i am not a man just dressing up.. i am this women....seems odd too some i'm sure ...but too me she is very much in my life ..there's no sexual desires for this it is just part of me and i accept it ... and finding other's here that will accept me as her : ]

Sherlyn its not a fantasy i'm quite real

Madilyn
08-01-2004, 09:08 PM
I dress because it's exilirating, refreshing, daring, and it feels better than anything else on earth. :D I've never had a fear of going out in public and I'm beginning to wonder why... From day one of dressing I stepped out in public and never looked back. Even when my make-up wasn't acceptable, I couldn't just sit (or pace) inside the house.

I have a tendency to be too cavalier about it and sometimes reading you girls' experiences makes me think. I figure I'm going into areas of the city that none of my friends, family, or co-workers would ever tread (unless they are CD friendly themselves), so I usually rule out seeing someone I know...plus, I truly believe that I'm unrecognizable from Mr. DrabMan, so I almost relish the challenge should I encounter someone I know. We'll see how that plays out...

I often think that if I had the feelings I have now at a much younger age, the idea of transitioning would have been very strong. As it is now, I'm just happy to have the ying-and-yang of life enough to enjoy myself...

Kisses,

Maddy :confused:

Miss Vicki
08-02-2004, 01:50 AM
I enjoy both. When I am in my male persona, I enjoy whatever that comes along. When I am ready to dress, I really enjoy going from top to bottom. Wig to 4" heels. I try to find the time to spend at least 6 hours to let the woman in me come out and feel comfortable.
I agree with some other posts that earlier in my life I found it stimulating to dress up. However, now it is just a wonderful release of my inner self and I wind down a little, knowing that I can be my other self. Lately, with the support at this site, I feel more and more natural dressed as a woman, It just feels normal to wear bras and hose around the house all day.
Thanks yo all you girls.
Miss Vicki

Amelie
08-02-2004, 02:34 AM
I prefer to be a woman, the cding is the closest I get to being a woman. I like the chit-chat amoung the girls here. But I have different issues to contend with. I am new to the computer and your site was the first one I found so I entered. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the gossip with you but it doesn't really matter to me what kind of bra or panties I wear. It seems most girls here are of the fetish kind, the sexual thrill of dressing. I prefer to be a woman with any clothes. I would go out with blue jeans, army boots, plaid shirt, no bra, but with full make-up and snow white wig and I felt very fem. The female is inside of me the clothes are just a part of it. Well one day.

Walking across the thin ice of my dreams, fearing the cold waters of reality beneath me, yet onward I tread
V-1

Victoria Pink
08-02-2004, 05:19 AM
Hi girls,
I agree with what many have written. I began with the thrill of wearing panties and as I grew older I started liking to wear more stuff. Now I almost always wear panties and a bra, nightie or other stuff to bed and I like to wear a full outfit whenever I can. This year I took my first walk in broad daylight dressed completely as a woman in a public setting. It was very enjoyable. Yet I consider my self a heterosexual male. I am married and have children and grandkids and I want to be a father and grandfather to them as well as a husband for my wife. I just simple enjoy wearing female clothes and I also find it relaxing. I feel in touch with my femme self.

Victoria

ChristineRenee
08-02-2004, 06:00 AM

As for myself, I like wearing women's clothes, but really can do without the makeup etc...A very good question Ted but for some of us not easily answered.

Since I am transgendered and now on hormone therapy, it would be somewhat hard for me to convince anyone, including myself, that I am predominately masculine, yet I really do have no desire for SRS. I still feel masculine when not dressed, and don't feel that I was necessarily born in the wrong body. (like a transexual feels) The hormone therapy is mostly to "reshape" the chassis to better co-exist with the internal engine, to use an automobile analogy. I like wearing the clothes, and when I do I feel female, yet know I'm not anywhere at the stage where I could either go out dressed in public and "pass", or, not being concerned with passing, just going out in public to get out of the closet.

I live in a small town and my wife is in her last year as a teacher at the local high school. I have to be very sensitive to the fact that any knowledge of her being married to a CD would be devastating to her reputation both at school and in the community. Someday, hopefully, being a CD or a trannie will be more understood and not looked down upon in this country, but unfortunately, for all of us, that day has not arrived yet and until it does, I'm afraid Christine will have to settle for being home bound a while longer.

So while I'm totally comfortable with it, and my wife accepts it, albeit very reluctantly, the country has not evolved or matured enough yet for this to be mainstreamed into society without major repercussions.

Not the way I'd like it either...it's just the way it currently is.

Christine

Stelli
08-13-2004, 12:40 AM

Your question apply only to black and white world: Are you man or woman? Are you man who wants to be woman? Are you woman that wants to be man? But it is not that easy to rest of that are grey to answer to black and white world.... And what makeup etc has to do with it ?

What if you are man that is neither man or woman? What if you are woman that is neither woman or man? What if you are simply neither or both? Can you uderstand that? What If I feel that I am wrong being man but equivalently feel that I am wrong being woman? Or upside down - What if I feel that I am fine as man but in the same time fine as woman? What if I am alien? What if my specie has 5 sexes not 2?

Being dressed does help sometimes. But sometimes these questions torment me. I can switch between my personalities at an instant, without dressing, I miss some womanly experiences but have surely enough experiences of another 4 sex/genders. Which 4 sex/genders ? Figure that out....

I do not have desire to be either man or woman even if I just wear something (whatever that will be), but I have desire to smash the world of preconcieved understandings.

suzi_cd
08-13-2004, 01:09 AM
I'm just going to throw a spanner into the works and say that i like dressing NOT because I want to be a woman but because I like being LESS of a man if that makes any sense?

suzi

xx

Tristen Cox
08-13-2004, 01:44 PM
At first I was just a guy who liked the threads until somewhere in my early twenties when I admitted to wanting to become female complete.
I have never been the completely masculine type. Always I have allowed for my female half to express herself if only to me. Right now I have been pondering the full blown going out as a woman. To be honest even after reading all of the wonderful experiences from you ladies and your outings, I am flat out afraid. So far Tristen has never got out of the car....literally. When this happens(not if)it will be because I am self confidant and at peace with who I am. There's such a night and day effect from my male to female modes it still gets me when I see 'her'.
To me it's not playing a part but rather expressing the rest of who I am. Being the case I'm not really sure what class I fall under here but this girl is gonna have FUN no matter what!
:) :) :)
Love Tristen

crispy
08-13-2004, 08:57 PM
I empathise with Ted and CD Kathy.

For me sexy underwear and neat breasts are the external manifestations of a desirable woman, and represent the essence of sex. I suppose that makes me very shallow.

I like to be sexy all day long (don't we all?). I wear panties, girdles and/or bodysuit all day at work and when I'm home alone I like to wear a swimsuit or leotard with a lycra skirt and sometimes tights (pantyhose). It feels like I'm being hugged all over, all day. Mmmmm! :) Bra - often try one for an hour or so but it does nothing for me. Nubra is quite nice though (about 1cm thick silicone forms). Outer clothes - Nah!

Shaved from ankle to neck, except the chest vee. Love the sensuous feel, hate body hair.

My job is quite macho, but in the evenings, when dressed for my own satisfaction, I feel so relaxed and peaceful. I sleep like a log wearing my evening clothes.

I don't feel girly. No desire to look like a woman, to shave my face, or to come out in public. But small perky breasts would be nice. I don't like what I see in the mirror when dressed. :(

Wife doesn't want to understand and we live apart most of the time.

As you can guess, my sex life is my own affair, if you get my drift.

Darby
08-13-2004, 09:25 PM
Ted,
I find your question a bit amuzing... having lived in TX and Arkansas, it would sort of like be me asking you why have beef when you can have this wonderful tasting Boca Burger... just lightly pan fry and serve it with Cous-Cous (someone stop me please..... I think I'm going to throw.... %@$!@#%@%!@#... oh that was disgusting! Sorry. Stick with beef! Eew, that got all over. LOL
Seriously though, as others have said, when I have time to dress and go out, I want to look as sexy as I can so makeup is a must as are my collection of long wigs, shaving, even sometimes wearing my trimmed false eyelashes! If you want a sexual release, sure makeup is a waste of time and effort because after your done you'll probably go sit down on the couch and watch Mail Call or the History Channel (both of which I love so that wasn't made to be a slam!).