PDA

View Full Version : How Much Planning Do You Do?

vikki2020
09-18-2007, 11:27 PM
I can only manage to get out once every 3 or 4 months.Got a day coming up,(this friday), and for the last week, I have been totally nuts with the planning, as I want to make every minute count.Where I'll go,what I'm going to do,figure out a route to get to as many places as possible.I should leave the house about 11am, and will need to get back about 7pm. I'm hoping to go to a mall for the first time, so I went there in drab, at about the time I should be there,to check it out.I do enjoy the planning quite a bit, but is this to much? Maybe It would be better to just "play it by ear", and see what happens??Does anyone else get crazy with the details??

ArleneRaquel
09-19-2007, 12:02 AM
I am a 24/7 girl so if one day I don't want to dress I won't. I do almost everything enfemme. :love: & :hugs: Beyonce Welch - Light Hearted African American Celtic Wench

kay_jessica
09-19-2007, 03:00 AM
I dress when i want to, which is a lot. The only planning I do apart from arranging to meet other girls is last minute and that is planning what to wear....... Other wise I just go about a normal non work day doing almost every thing I would do in bloke mode as Kay (this includes cutting the lawn but NOT in heals). Now that my sons GF knows, I don't even need to be discrete when she comes over.

Hugs

Kay

Phyliss
09-19-2007, 04:51 AM
How well I can understand the "planning" part. Not that I'm "closeted" but to keep peace at home I can only "get out" about once a month.
Not only do I have to do the "trip" plan thing but also have to find a good day to have my fun. Being self employed in a home repair service, I have to take care of customers first. Just when I've spent a week of planning and plotting, and primping and pampering, in anticipation of the "big day". I hear the telephone ....BBBBBBBRRRRRRRIIIInnnnnggggg!!!!
This is Mrs. **** I have a problem with..... I need you to come over right now!!!
I'm begining to think people have some sort of "radar" that allows them to know just when to call me and "ruin" my day. Anyother day I can sit here and watch the dust gather on the telephone.
Occasionally I get lucky and all the planets align correctly. Those days are very precious to me.

faltenrock
09-19-2007, 05:25 AM
I can only manage to get out once every 3 or 4 months.Got a day coming up,(this friday), and for the last week, I have been totally nuts with the planning, as I want to make every minute count.Where I'll go,what I'm going to do,figure out a route to get to as many places as possible.I should leave the house about 11am, and will need to get back about 7pm. I'm hoping to go to a mall for the first time, so I went there in drab, at about the time I should be there,to check it out.I do enjoy the planning quite a bit, but is this to much? Maybe It would be better to just "play it by ear", and see what happens??Does anyone else get crazy with the details??

I fully agree, I feel the same, lots of planning where to go, to visit as many stores , restaurants ... as possible. I'll have two and half a day available for myself in about 12 days. Can't wait, but always think about what to wear. Have to choose from about 17 skirts and a few blazers.

Karren H
09-19-2007, 06:51 AM
I'm an engineer so it's "Plan the work and work the plan".... lol to the Nth degree plus some... plus backup plans to the plans incase something doesn't work out....

Karren

danam
09-19-2007, 07:01 AM
I plan and plan and plan. I set up everything, clothes, camera, escape routes, cover stories, all in advance, so that I won't get caught. I minimize the time I am actually dressed. Then I put everything away exactly as I found it.

The only time I can really relish the experience is when I sit at my computer, safely, and review my pictures.

It isn't perfect, but it is the best I can do for now given my life situation. Don't need to make things more complicated right now otherwise.....

Karan
09-19-2007, 07:21 AM
I plan and agonize and then usually don't follow through on the plan. It seems every minute of my day is accounted for every day. I guess I am my own worst enemy in that I almost create the reason I don't go out. I plan to go out and then "something comes up" and it usually something I set in motion. I know this is a sub conscious way of avoiding the the decision to go out. Aside from having my picture taken a couple years it has been years since I have gone out. Yet when I look at those pictures, it reminds me of what a great day it was and I happy it made me.

So for the rambling, but yes I plan, but sadly take no action.

Wendy me
09-19-2007, 07:24 AM
lol hand up i am a planner too .... i dress just abought every day and i do try to plan photos and getting out .... my wife knows but is not supportive ... so when she is staying over night withe her mom ... it's photos and a road trip ....

Toyah
09-19-2007, 08:10 AM

No that's obsessive:sad:

Sheri 4242
09-19-2007, 08:33 AM
I'm an engineer so it's "Plan the work and work the plan".... lol to the Nth degree plus some... plus backup plans to the plans incase something doesn't work out.

That's a great adage, Karren!!! When I was a sales manager, I used the same when teaching instructional classes -- it is exceptional advice for one to pln thier work, then work their plan. Makes sense to apply and utilize the same pragmatic approach to our crossdressing!!!

susie evans
09-19-2007, 08:37 AM
i take the opportunity every chance i get, allways be prepared you neber no when you will have to make that up expected trip out of town are the kids will be gone and susie has to save the day :heehee::heehee:

susie

RobertaFermina
09-19-2007, 08:49 AM
I don't plan much in advance...
I do spend at least 30 minutes to an hour going back and forth on clothing and jewelry selections on nights when I just "Can't Decide."

Wish I could plan that hesitation out of my life. I lose precious "Roberta Time".

Still, for now, that is ME, and I gotta love me !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Lilith Moon
09-19-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm an engineer so it's "Plan the work and work the plan"....

Karren

Aaah, so that's where my good old SCUBA instructor got it from " Plan the dive and dive the plan"...and all the time I thought he had made it up himself. :heehee:

vikki2020
09-19-2007, 02:03 PM
yes, might be a little obsessive, and Danam, your right--trying to get every thing done, sometimes you don't enjoy the moment as much, so maybe I'll slow down a bit and smell them roses!Time to work the plan!:happy:

Kristen Marie
09-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Plan...absolutely. I spent an hour yesterday making sure I had everything I need for this Friday night's adventure.

Glad I did, Do I have all my make-up? What about clean-up. Whoops, trashed my cold creme in Florida to make room for my new purchases. Have to buy more. That could be a disaster trying to get home without any tell tale signs.

When do I need to leave? What will traffic be like? Is there changing there?

But, that being said, is part of the fun of being Kristen. I love all the planing!!

Kate Simmons
09-19-2007, 04:13 PM
I usually have a general idea of what I want to do but don't go into detail. I leave that for just before going out. The biggest prep work for myself is shaving as I will look like Ms King Kong if I do not do it.:happy:

Veronica Fallon
09-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Well, I'm a planner by nature for one. And I'm getting ready for my 2nd time out this weekend. I was terribly nervous on my 1st time (a month ago) & didn't even enjoy my usually natural feminine feelings until near the end. So now I'm trying to reduce as much stress as possible next time, by (over)planning now. I'll probably always make a lil' checklist for myself (early-term senility?:idontknow:), but hopefully I'll find my balance soon & know more enjoyment through less planning! :happy:

Spontaneous Hugz,

Veronica

P.S.- Some planning adds fun to my girl-time, but too much takes away from it.

Ruth
09-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Well yes, I plan my trips. I have to leave the neighbourhood "under cover" so I have to arrange everything so that I can change quickly when I'm on my own. It would put a crimp in my day if I got to the spot and found my wig was back home. It's not obsessive -- you have to be careful if you are trying to stay discreet. Also it's part of the fun!
There's another trip coming up this Saturday -- I'll tell the story here afterwards.

TerriM
09-19-2007, 05:30 PM
For me planning is needed, big time! I am married and have 3 sons home, youngest 22. I get out about 1 or 2x a month if lucky. I joke about my planning to my CD friends. I tell them that its like planning the D-Day invasion. Over the years family things have come up that took precedance over my getting out. Also I'm retired law enforcement and have always had a backup plan if things go wrong when dressed. Also I sometimes feel like Clark Kent or James Bond, having a dual identity.

Terri

Sally24
09-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Overpanning.....obsesive.....No...........Like doesn't everyone have a packup list for all their items with a diagrahm of the suitcases and what goes in each pouch? How about spending the previous 2 weekends trying on outfits to select the perfect one? And of course we all pack a backup casual outfit, a secondary fancy outfit, and maybe another outfit if we change our mood.

At least I've gotten to the point that I don't usually take a spare wig and ALL my makeup supplies.

But even with all this preparation this past week I almost left town with none of my tops and only 1 dress. Got to check everything at least 3 times!

"Don't sweat the big stuff, save that for all the little details."

trannie T
09-23-2007, 09:01 PM
I too only get out once every month or two. I've been drawing up plans for halloween for the past few days. Since it is on a Wednesday I am celebrating it twice, on Wednesday and on the Saturday before. I make nice plans then play it by ear.

Billijo49504
09-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Gee, I wear a bra and panties every day. Most days I wear girls jeans and a non discript t-shirt. No one said a thing at the supper market, when I had on the jeans and a t-shirt with roses on the front. Actually, the cashier made a comment, of how nice my shirt looked. I didn't have on a wig or makeup. So I was in guy mode...BJ

shauna 9
09-23-2007, 10:03 PM
I dress when i want to, which is a lot.

rachel_rachel
09-24-2007, 12:58 AM
I find that if i plan ahead, nothing goes to plan anyway. That being said, My wife was working longer hours so i had the opportunity to do what i wanted, when i wanted. No planning needed there.

Now though, different story, she's cut her hours down, my hours have gotten bigger, work has been busier, and now with summer coming, that means cricket training 2 nights a week.

There is one thing i'm planning for though.... New year's eve.
Got everything worked out in my mind, just fine tuning things now.

Patricia Danielle
09-25-2007, 12:26 AM
I fly by the seat of my pants. every time I plan something it all goes HaYwiRE so spur-of-the-moment should always be the plan of the day! Patricia..

Siobhan
09-25-2007, 01:55 AM
It seems to divide into those fortunates who can dress when they wish and those-like me who can only be ourselves occasionally! Planning for me goes beyond organising the day - it also involves watching body hair and nail trimming as well as having nice clothes available. If it works those days are magic

Sheri 4242
09-25-2007, 02:26 AM
Well, Toyah's gonna say I'm OCD -- which is true, so say it gf :lol2: -- but the boy sprout in me (should've dressed up and joined the girl sprouts) says "(doo) bee prepared" :lol2: :lol2:

Seriously, though, while I do lean a bit towards OCD, "being prepared" means covering all contingencies -- like, if you are out of town, make sure your hotel room keycards work -- then take three. Have an extra set of keys to your vehicle -- have extra cash. Just like Karren said elsewhere, plan your work, then work your plan (another way I've heard that saying is "plan your work intelligently, then work your plan with intelligence") -- think through the Peter Principle: if something can go wrong, it will. Then, as best as possible, have a backup plan to your backup plan!!!