PDA

View Full Version : Glasses at... Goodwill!!!

Cara Allen
09-19-2007, 07:28 AM
Most of you who have seen my pics know that I wear glasses. What you don't know is that those glasses are like, 10 years old! Not only could I not see, the frames were really outdated.

I went to Goodwill (!!!) of all places with my prescription from Lenscrafters. They were really friendly, I got no grief over wanting femme glasses, in fact they were really helpful.

Best part? They are pretty glasses (rose frames) and they only cost $128.00 for bifocals! That's like half the price that I paid at Lensripoffs.

Go get some glasses! I think you'll be happy with the service, the price and the selection!

Wendy me
09-19-2007, 07:31 AM
Glasses at... Goodwill ??? i never knew they made glasses there ..... intresting.......

Cara Allen
09-19-2007, 07:37 AM
I didn't either, and it's not at alot of locations yet, I would suspect. I have only seen it at this one so far. Based on the amount of business they are getting (backed up for eye exams for 6 months!!!) I bet it will be available in lots of places, really soon!

Veronica Fallon
09-19-2007, 07:52 AM
So when do we get to see a pretty picture of them sis???
And do they sell contacts as well?

Hugzez,

Yur Sis

Sweet Cindy
09-19-2007, 07:59 AM
Cheap glasses? It's a dream come true!
Good tip!

Cindy

Karren H
09-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Wow.. Great price... I went through my optomitrist and got the latest in unisex frames, gradational tri focals, magnetic matching sunglasses, and a check up for only $550!! Ekkkkkk. Lol. Did run it through my flex spending account so I don't pay income taxes on it so I saved 1/3.... Still a lot of money...

Karren

RobertaFermina
09-19-2007, 08:51 AM
When will they start doing Hair Restoration ?

I'm There !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Dena
09-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Have y'all heard of http://zennioptical.com?

Mitzi
09-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Have y'all heard of http://zennioptical.com?
Yes, I have...the pair I'm wearing in my avatar was purchased there. As I recall, the total cost for my bifocals was around $60, including reflective coating. I'm very pleased with them.

The reviews of their service was a mixed bag, but for that price, I took a chance. Everything went really smoothly.

You can't try the frames on, so it could be iffy.

Another place to get glasses reasonably is Costco.

But getting femme glasses while en drab is probably less nerve wracking at a Goodwil than at a regular optical shop.

Mitzi

AmberTG
09-19-2007, 09:43 PM
My current glasses are 2 years old now but when I got them I was looking for andro frame styles, no more "manly" glasses for me! I found that it's a bit harder to find woman's frames that will fit me properly, they're usually smaller across the face then men's glasses in the exact same frame style. I was trying on this certain oval pair and my ex told me to put them back because they made me look too "gay". I had to laugh!
There are styles that are to feminine for me to be able to wear to work, but there are a lot of styles that look good on both men and women.