PDA

View Full Version : Starched petticoats

susanmaid
03-25-2005, 06:34 AM
Sometimes when I am wearing a full skirted dress, it is such a lovely feeling to have undernath a starched petticoat.It sounds swishy and rustles when I walk. Do any of you girls do and feel the same?

Wendy me
03-25-2005, 06:49 AM
although i don't do the strached thingy ........i think a know what you are saying ........
from pantys to hair i love every inch of dressing ..........enjoying every part of it no matter how small.......................

SherryAnn
03-25-2005, 07:50 AM
there's hardly a better feeling than wearing a petticoat under a full or circle skirt dress. I really luv the double tier-2 or 3 layer eyelet soft petticoats. I tried the netted ones once but UGH!!!! itch city!! I now own 5 such petticoats & still look for more. I want a short (12 inch) job but may have to make my own. Whats better than wearing a full petticoat under----say a cute shear summer sun dress----getting in the shower in it

susanmaid
03-25-2005, 08:06 AM
I agree Sherry Ann, Net petticoats are scratchy and that is why Iwould only wear starched petticoats which are absolutely great as you say under full skirts.So glad you like them. They are so feminine.

sissy stacy
03-25-2005, 08:28 AM
(curtsey)

Petticoats? Petticoats?

No sissy dress or maid's dress is complete without them.

I also have sundresses and skirts for them.

Most of what I wear needs a petticoat--such is what a retro-girl wears.

(curtsey)

-sissy s.

susanmaid
03-25-2005, 10:23 AM
YES OH YES, Sissy Stacey. Petticoats are essential to a proper maids dress, not the French maid,s but the longer style as per the Victorian era.And of course the appropriae lace up corset and directoire knickers.

Jadeanne
03-26-2005, 12:57 AM
I like petticoats and have 3 - 2 soft ones, a 19 inch pink childrens, 22 inch white 35 yard (least full of the adult Malco Modes), and a 26 inch black net one that needs a liner, usually a slip, or one or both of the other petticoats, sometimes with a slip underneath. Did I mention that I sometimes like to layer my femme clothing? :)

I love to wear pleated skirts to go with the petticoats. I also have a white pair of pettipants with alternating tiers of pastel lace.

Jadeanne