PDA

View Full Version : Ooops!!!!

Wenda
09-19-2007, 08:49 PM
I chatted with a long-time friend on the phone today, re my retirement. I did some errands, etc, did a conference meeting, then applied my cute little #5 forms, and went out onto my front porch to strip paint. (Can't contain the excitement)
So, I am out on my front porch, on Main street, with my forms and my B&D heat gun and paint scraper, scraping away, when, "HEY, HOW'S IT GOIN' EH?!"
Scared the crap out of me! I was in the paint scraping zone!! One of my best friends ever. I was best man at two of his weddings. Here I am, sitting on my deck, on Main Street, and here he is! We had a great visit. After more than an hour, I said I needed a pee.
We went inside, I slipped off the forms and stored them in the bathroom closet, and went back to visit. I was showing him the main floor, kitchen, where I have done a lot of work, "and I re-did the counter....!!"
Damn!!!! There are my last purchase from eBay!! a great pair of black 3 1/2" heels 12W Cloudwalker with peep toes! ....Ignore the shoes, "I did the counter, etc, etc, etc. >>>>""
I was going to talk about my idea to take Polly, Polly Darton on the road.
The upside? I LOVE the cloudwalkers! Make my feet look tiny, cute and sexy! ww.

AmberTG
09-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Too funny! Don't you just hate it when that stuff happens!:D

uknowhoo
09-19-2007, 09:17 PM
Oopsies! Well, there's one less friend you have to worry about if/how to come out to.

Does he know your cousin? :D

Wenda
09-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Oopsies! Well, there's one less friend you have to worry about if/how to come out to.

Does he know your cousin? :D

LOL! I don't think so, but, he does know my cousin's sister, my other cousin, who could be the person in my avatar, except that it is me, not her. Man, this is getting toooo twisted! w. Still LOVE the cloudwalkers! wenda:thumbsup::thumbsup:

uknowhoo
09-19-2007, 09:38 PM
So hows about a pic of them there fancy shoes chiccy?

Wenda
09-20-2007, 09:24 PM
Okay ms Tammi smartiepants!! If I( get my camera, mac, etc, working together, you will have a pic. I emailed my friend this mornig, describing my prospective post-retirement career as Polly, Polly Darton. His response was that, besides critiquing my first performances, he would buy 10 tickets to my first performance. Talk about being outed but encouraged! When I get the pics, I will post. Thanks, w.

Alice B
09-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Sounds like a good friend when he says nothing, as if he saw nothing. Eh.:hugs:

Billijo49504
09-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Aren't those Avenue shoes comfy???? I like mine...BJ

KendallM2F86
09-21-2007, 12:07 AM
yea, that's usually when people u haven't seen 4 a lil' while show up is at those exact moments...haha sounds like u have a good friend though 2 not say anything though

Wenda
09-21-2007, 07:43 AM
My new avatar, the shoes that started it all. :D

uknowhoo
09-21-2007, 08:00 AM
at-a-girl!!!

great news about your friend too!!:thumbsup:

xoxo

Veronica 1
09-21-2007, 10:10 PM
I had to come out to my daughter when I answered the door in drab, in heels. Worked out for the better. It does sound like you have a good friend.

Colleentg
09-22-2007, 02:30 AM
Yeah, it seems many people don't make a scene when they can't ignore the facts. I had a coworker give me a ride to the grocery store (I don't own a vehicle) and then to my apartment. He insisted on helping me carry in some of the bags only because he's a nice guy. I had forgotten I had some intimates (panties, bras, hose and one bodysuit with straps) hang-drying in the kitchen from hangers. When I realized I had forgotten about that, I went to prevent him from coming in any farther. But I was too late, he stood there staring at the stuff for a second while I took the bags out of his hands. But he never said a thing and never brought it up. That's a nice guy.

Wenda
09-22-2007, 10:06 AM
He came by yesterday with a couple coffees (Tim's for the Canucks), and we had a great visit. He thinks I should take Polly, Polly Darton on the after-dinner circuit. I just received these shoes (red in my avatar) yesterday and was going to show him, but I thought that could be information overload. I think I need to find a new shade of polish, but I LOVE these shoes! Incredibly soft and comfy! :D w.