PDA

View Full Version : Words of CD wisdom...

Veronica Fallon
09-20-2007, 07:49 AM
What if an assorted group of fully closeted CD'ers approached you for your greatest words of wisdom to help them live well as crossdressers?

They are of every age, & from every walk of life, & none have ever seen or read anything at all about CD'ing. They want to pursue their dressing more, but they're also still riddled with the same primary fears & shames most of us have felt at some point about ourselves as crossdressers. What three messages would you try to convey to them??

I think mine would be:

1) Know yourself. Find all sides of yourself- male, female, zebra, whatever, & get to know the good & bad of every part. Learn to see yourself without judgment or emotion, as if you're a character in a book. Be honest with yourself because all else is (at best) a waste of time. Know who you've been, own who you are, & resolve who you intend to be. :idontknow:

2) Be yourself. Follow your heart rather than the ideals of others. Find a balance to integrate/unify the individual parts of yourself. Respect others without sacrificing respect for yourself. Learn to operate from your "highest self", the part that knows right from wrong & what love really means. Use your fears as "stepping-stones" to a better you. Be the "you" that feels most genuine & natural. Enjoy who you are & express yourself fluidly. :Peace:

3) Love yourself. All of your past, the good, the bad, & the ugly, have made you who you are today. Appreciate your beautiful spirit, & nurture it with loving kindness & gentle discipline, to become even more of the uniqueness that is you. Feel who you are & learn to rejoice in your own true beauty. Forgive yourself & don't take yourself too seriously. Be grateful every day for all of who you are (especially for your gift of TG-ism). Express your thankfulness by "giving back" to the world in your own best way(s). :lovestruck:

I know these words aren't CD-specific, but I think they'd be good general ideas for new, confused, frightened CD'ers to carry as they move forward. What would you change about, or add to my lil' list???

Peace, Luv, & Wisdom,

Veronica

Karren H
09-20-2007, 08:36 AM
Honesty isn't always the best policy.....

Don't be ashamed of what you love to do.....

That's it..... Obviously I'm not wise enough to come up with three things..... Sigh...... Hehe

Karren

christina marie
09-20-2007, 11:07 AM
just one addition. you only get one life, have fun with it!

Butterfly Bill
09-20-2007, 02:03 PM
!. Don't try to pass
2. Act like it's perfectly normal
3. Buy shoes that fit.

Jamie001
09-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Butterfly Bill said it all in three sentences. :happy:

:hugs: Jamie

!. Don't try to pass
3. Buy shoes that fit.

Marla S
09-20-2007, 02:28 PM
!. Don't try to pass
3. Buy shoes that fit.

Butterfly Bill said it all in three sentences. :happy:

:hugs: Jamie

Yep. A minimum of words is true wisdom.

Veronica, you summed it up quite well. IMO there is nothing more to add.

Phoebe Reece
09-20-2007, 07:15 PM
1) Be proud of who and what you are. Try to see yourself as a unique individual who has been given a gift. Find ways to enjoy that gift.

2) The desire to crossdress will never go away. Actual dressing can be repressed and put off for long periods of time, but the desire is never forgotten and cannot be given up. You can purge your wardrobe, but not your mind.

3) Almost everyone who hides their crossdressing from those closest to themselves get caught sooner or later. Be prepared for the consequences or else head it off by coming out.

Marlena-4now
09-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Veronica,
I think you said it all beautifully -Know yourself, Love Yourself, Be yourself - I guess what I would add - since these people are totlly clueless - is know you are one amoung many. There are tons of us girly men so don't feel isolated and alienated, dejected and rejected, put doiwn and pushed round....come on and join your sisters at a suport group, a drag bar, or here at crossdressers.com Come on, share the love and get some support , girls !

sissystephanie
09-20-2007, 08:46 PM
What if an assorted group of fully closeted CD'ers approached you for your greatest words of wisdom to help them live well as crossdressers?

They are of every age, & from every walk of life, & none have ever seen or read anything at all about CD'ing. They want to pursue their dressing more, but they're also still riddled with the same primary fears & shames most of us have felt at some point about ourselves as crossdressers. What three messages would you try to convey to them??

I think mine would be:

1) Know yourself. Find all sides of yourself- male, female, zebra, whatever, & get to know the good & bad of every part. Learn to see yourself without judgment or emotion, as if you're a character in a book. Be honest with yourself because all else is (at best) a waste of time. Know who you've been, own who you are, & resolve who you intend to be. :idontknow:

2) Be yourself. Follow your heart rather than the ideals of others. Find a balance to integrate/unify the individual parts of yourself. Respect others without sacrificing respect for yourself. Learn to operate from your "highest self", the part that knows right from wrong & what love really means. Use your fears as "stepping-stones" to a better you. Be the "you" that feels most genuine & natural. Enjoy who you are & express yourself fluidly. :Peace:

3) Love yourself. All of your past, the good, the bad, & the ugly, have made you who you are today. Appreciate your beautiful spirit, & nurture it with loving kindness & gentle discipline, to become even more of the uniqueness that is you. Feel who you are & learn to rejoice in your own true beauty. Forgive yourself & don't take yourself too seriously. Be grateful every day for all of who you are (especially for your gift of TG-ism). Express your thankfulness by "giving back" to the world in your own best way(s). :lovestruck:

I know these words aren't CD-specific, but I think they'd be good general ideas for new, confused, frightened CD'ers to carry as they move forward. What would you change about, or add to my lil' list???

Peace, Luv, & Wisdom,

Veronica

1. Know yourself, and be confident of who you are!

2. Be yourself, but always be respectful of other peoples feelings.

3. Love yourself, and all others. Love your wife first and foremost!:love:

4. I don't agree with Karren. Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy. It is easier to remember the truth then it is to remember a lie!:2c:

Sissy

More Girl then man sometimes

Rosaliy Lynne
09-20-2007, 09:02 PM
and although, as you point out, it is not cd specific, why does it need to be? It is all person specific and we are, all of us, persons of worth and value. Ok so WE see and do things differently but that is all good and normal.

Alice B
09-20-2007, 10:22 PM
I could not do better than what you have said, other than - "Be totally honest with your self and your SO":happy:.