PDA

View Full Version : Dress up or Dress down?

KendallM2F86
09-21-2007, 12:43 AM
How many of u girls dress casual (sum blue jeans and a top; sandals, etc.) or do u get all dressed up in elegent dresses with heels?

Oddlee
09-21-2007, 01:18 AM
How many of u girls dress casual (sum blue jeans and a top; sandals, etc.) or do u get all dressed up in elegent dresses with heels?

I tend to be a skirt and sweater (or knit top) man myself... with thigh-highs and 2" heel pumps (I start out a little over 6')

Lee

Karren H
09-21-2007, 02:31 AM
Dress up.... skirt or dress, even when I go out in public!! otherwise, what's the use dressin... might as well stay in drab!! lol

Karren

ArleneRaquel
09-21-2007, 03:01 AM
In the summer I dress casual, shorts, top. In the cooler months I dress to the nines. :love: & :hugs: Beyonce Welch Heavenly African American :happy: Chardonnay is very relaxing :happy:

Carroll
09-21-2007, 03:56 AM
I always dress...er...wear a dress. Like Karren said " what's the use dressin... might as well stay in drab!!"

I don't go very elegant. I dress kind of Conservative. My dresses are not fancy, just ones you would see on the average GG thats is wearing a dress but not going out on the town

Cindi Ann Kelly
09-21-2007, 04:49 AM
casual.

cindi ann

Cyndie
09-21-2007, 04:54 AM
It depends on my mood. Sometimes I wear short or jeans and a top other times it is dressor skirt with stockings and heels. :happy:

TTFN
Cyndie

Raychel
09-21-2007, 05:04 AM
Dress up.... skirt or dress, even when I go out in public!! otherwise, what's the use dressin... might as well stay in drab!! lol

Karren

I ahve to aggree with Karen on this. What is the since of dressing if you are putting on Blue Jeans.

Elegant Dresses and the nicest heels for me.

Keely
09-21-2007, 05:07 AM
I tend to both. Lately it's been casual but usually with a skirt although I do have a nice pair of jeans I bought at Old Navy that like to wear.

Suzie S.
09-21-2007, 05:26 AM
About 75% elegant, and 25% casual for me. I'm not going to be washing dishes or mopping a floor in a cocktail dress. :p It's simply because I don't want to ruin nice clothing. Since I don't go out dressed, I lean to the elegant/professional look most of the time.

KendallM2F86
09-21-2007, 05:30 AM
About 75% elegant, and 25% casual for me. I'm not going to be washing dishes or mopping a floor in a cocktail dress. :p It's simply because I don't want to ruin nice clothing. Since I don't go out dressed, I lean to the elegant/professional look most of the time.

Yea u got a point there. Me though, I tend to do errands and clean up my apartment dressed. So I don't dress up as elegent as I could sumtimes ya know?

marykrissmithcd
09-21-2007, 05:45 AM
Dress up of course. I find no use for not wearing pantyhose, that's why I dress in the first place. If I did wear jeans, I would wear nylons, heels and silky blouse; not some t shirt material. Before jeans I would wear slacks as the material is thinner making the nylons feel better under them.

marykrissmithcd
09-21-2007, 05:49 AM
Girls, it can be tough dressing to do work around the house so I bought a comfortable house dress and flats with non-slip sole. Those soles are better if you have a 2nd floor with carpeting on the steps. Had a bad fall with dress flats as the soles were to slippery.

Suzy Harrison
09-21-2007, 06:17 AM
If I'm staying indoors I'll dress up to the nines.

But if I'm going out them I'm dressing down for the time being. As I get more confident I'll get more dressy when I'm out.

Carol A
09-21-2007, 06:30 AM
Only on Sunday do I get really dressed up as if I was going out.
Usually dress comfortable nice around the house try to be a proper lady and yes I wear stocking everyday and NEVER a pair of pants or jeans. :2c:

Adrienne Heels
09-21-2007, 06:38 AM
Love to wear a nice pair of jeans with heels and a cute top...maybe a blazer , too.....kind of working mom casual day at the office.

erickka
09-21-2007, 07:01 AM
For me, what's the use in dressing unless it's showing legs and donning high heels. I can wear jeans and flip flops or tennies 24/7. Skirts or dresses always.

kassandra richard
09-21-2007, 08:08 AM
I prefer the casual look with skirts because that is easier camouflage when shopping.

Kassandra

Stephenie S
09-21-2007, 08:23 AM
Pretty casual, I'm afraid. I have to blend in. I don't even own a pair of pantyhose, and I'm too tall, at 5'10" (I feel), for heels. Not very many women around me dress up. If I were to go out "dressed to the nines", I would stand out like a sore thunb.

Lovies,
Stephenie

DonnaT
09-21-2007, 08:31 AM
Usually I dress casual. But it's always with a skirt. No trousers or jeans for this gal.

JoAnnDallas
09-21-2007, 08:35 AM
I like to wear outfits like I have on in my avatar. I call it casual but dressy. LOL

Veronica53
09-21-2007, 08:37 AM
As I only get to dress infrequently I tend to do the hose,skirt,blouse and heels thing as I like to feel sexy.

Veronica

Priscilla Ann
09-21-2007, 08:51 AM
I try to wear whatever might be considered appropriate for a 58 year old closet crossdresser.

eliot
09-21-2007, 09:15 AM
I do prefer to dress as elegantly as possible, but time constraints mean I usually dress casually. Probably 75% casual.

Dixie
09-21-2007, 09:22 AM
I dress up(or down, depending on how you look at it) like a ****. I mean if I am going to wear jeans and a T-shirt why bother. I do that all the time with my undies on underneath, so let's go all out!:drink:

stefcd1
09-21-2007, 09:58 AM
When I go out I always wear either a dress or skirt and blouse and always with pantyhose. I know I don't blend in as well as if I was in a blouse and jeans but love being a feminine woman.

Suzie Green
09-21-2007, 11:03 AM
I do both. In fact right now I'm sitting here in a comfy pair of women's stretch jeans and a casual top. I don't tend to think of crossdressing as a "shock value activity" since for me it's more of spending my day like a normal woman would. Sometimes it's a skirt and sweater or a dress if the occasion warrants, other times jeans or shorts or a skort. We all have our own reasons for dressing and I'm not one to criticize how another girl likes her clothes, hairstyle, makeup, shoes, or accessories. Let's just be sisters and like real sisters, no two of us are the same.

It's all good, girls... :love:

KendallM2F86
09-21-2007, 12:05 PM
I do both. In fact right now I'm sitting here in a comfy pair of women's stretch jeans and a casual top. I don't tend to think of crossdressing as a "shock value activity" since for me it's more of spending my day like a normal woman would. Sometimes it's a skirt and sweater or a dress if the occasion warrants, other times jeans or shorts or a skort. We all have our own reasons for dressing and I'm not one to criticize how another girl likes her clothes, hairstyle, makeup, shoes, or accessories. Let's just be sisters and like real sisters, no two of us are the same.

It's all good, girls... :love:

i luv ur out look on dressing. That is the same outlook that keeps me going out in the public ya know. Cuz ya know, sum places like here, u dress 2 sexy, u will stick out like a sore thumb :heehee: But, yup. I most generally like to spend my day like a normal girl would.

bridget thronton
09-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Depends on the outdoor temperature (if it's warm a casual skirt or shorts, if it's cool a skirt suit)

Jodie Wexler
09-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Dresses mostly, I do have some casual day dresses and skirts and a few pairs of shorts but no slacks. I always wear heels when dressed. I don't even own a pair of flats.

Lorna
09-21-2007, 12:17 PM
My opportunities to dress are limited in length of time and frequency - and I don't go out dressed. I like to use those rare times to experience feminine clothes, skirts, dresses stockings, heels, etc. Probably if I could dress for long periods frequently and go out, I would choose sometimes to be more casual - but still in a feminine way.

immike
09-21-2007, 01:25 PM
I am a huge fan of short skirtsuits&silk blouse/w pantyhose&heels

Deborah Jane
09-21-2007, 01:40 PM
I dress like a tart!! Coz that,s what i am!! :D:D

SusanMarie
09-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Most of the time I dress casual, which can include skirts, capris, shorts, jeans(sorry Karren) and a nice blouse. But, sometimes, 'dress to the nines' for a night on the town.

Veronica 1
09-21-2007, 07:50 PM
I usually like to get dressed to the max, but since the son and daughter in law have moved back in with me I find that I dress in jeans and a baggy shirt or sweater for quick reversal to drab when their friends show up unexpectedly. They are cool with me so I get to wear my wig, forms and pumps around them, but a sudden knock on the door requires quick removal of everything but the bra.

Jenny Wilson
09-21-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm a dress and heels girl. As Karren pointed out, why wear jeans in girl mode? They are guy mode pants.

Wearing fem jeans in guy mode is not an option for me.

Jenny

Paula G
09-21-2007, 08:01 PM
It really depends both on how I feel as well as the circumstances. If I dress for myself it will be in a skirt & top, if I dress for my wife she prefers me to be in jeans/slacks with a long sleeve top and a low heel or flats.

KatrinaAshley
09-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Like Paula it depends on the current mood. Sometimes I'll toss on snug shorts and a comfy T-shirt over my bra. Most of the time I choose semi-dressy clothes. I don't like things that are too glitzy. Soft plain dresses or a skirt and top are my favorites. I didn't always have hose and heels, but now that I do I enjoy them every chance I get.

MJ
09-21-2007, 09:40 PM
it's 50 / 50 for me most of the summer time i am in skirts , flip flops t-shirts and in winter time blue jeans long sleeve turtle neck tops . i dress up when the need arises

Butterfly Bill
09-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Depends on where I'm going. If it's church or a party, it's dress up. If it's going to the grocery store, it's dress casual.

Blonde
09-21-2007, 11:52 PM
It depends on my mood at the time.... most times it's casual, but always with heels.

Claire3
09-22-2007, 12:15 AM
Has to be femminine smart or casual dresses or skirts/blouses showing hosed legs with heels

AmandaM
09-22-2007, 12:18 AM
Always to the nines! Except on rare occasion.

Colleentg
09-22-2007, 01:17 AM
I ahve to aggree with Karen on this. What is the since of dressing if you are putting on Blue Jeans.

Elegant Dresses and the nicest heels for me.

I guess I can disagree. Why can't feminine jeans be considered 'dressing'? I don't wear plain feminine jeans, most have embroidery stitching or designs on them, invoking they are truly female!
I dress for the occasion, overall. I'm pretty much casual, but my casual often includes shiny hose with shorts or denim skirt and a fashionable top. If I'm going clubbing or to an elegant affair, I will dress up elegantly.

audrey-lynn
09-22-2007, 07:03 AM
Depends on where I'm going and what I'll be doing. It could be jeans or a skirt. But always with a nice blouse, make-up, wig and all the appropiate under things especially nice hose. Love the feel of nylon on my legs. Which of course I keep shaved.

LA CINDY LOVE
09-22-2007, 09:54 AM
I have never dress casual or elegant I am always in mimi skirts and shorts
tops you know the tramp look, but tonight I am going to a private dinner party in Los Angeles and for the first time Cindy will be dress elegant.

It took Cindy two weeks of shopping to find the right dress and this is the only elegant dress I have, I do hope all goes well for me tonight at the party.

LA CINDY LOVE

traceyanne
09-22-2007, 10:04 AM
when im out and about, myself or with my wife then its casual, fem jeans or trousers, casual top and some nice undies, but inside then its different, skirts tops and dresses. that is our boundaries and im more than happy to stick by them

jennifer ann
09-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Usually slacks and a nice blouse or maybe add a suit coat when shopping durring the week. As for weekends, I have to have my nice dress or skirts for clubbing.

Darlene-VA
09-22-2007, 04:32 PM
Always have dressed up as much as possible, a nice business suit for my evening office job and dresses all of the other time. I don't even own a pair of womans slacks or jeans.

Audrey34
09-24-2007, 11:08 PM
My dresses aren't very elegant either. I prefer basic A-line type outfits and I love wearing skirts and nice blouses. I love wearing heels and pantyhose too but since I tried my first pair of lace top stockings I'd like to buy a few more in the future!
-Audrey

BillieJoe
09-24-2007, 11:26 PM
I'm with Veronica, usually dress,or skirt and blouse, always bra, panties, slip, nylons