PDA

View Full Version : Nova Scotia students wear pink against bullying

kerrianna
09-21-2007, 08:41 PM
This is an amazing and heartening thing to see. In Nova Scotia, a group of boys donned pink shirts and clothes to protest and make a statement after a small group of bullies at their school threatened to beat up a grade 9 student because he wore a pink polo shirt to school. The whole school, and many other schools in the region, all adopted the Wear Pink idea, and it's spreading.

It's so cool to see these young men and women endorse the idea that people shouldn't be harassed because of what they wear. I really hope this takes us step forward towards more tolerance for all us to feel free to wear what we want where we want to, and not be afraid because we aren't wearing what guys are 'supposed' to be wearing.

Young people can be so amazing.

These kids rock!

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2007/09/18/pink-tshirts-students.html?ref=rss#skip300x250

Jacqueline
09-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Nice story, need more of the same in the world

Jenn2716
09-22-2007, 01:28 AM
I'm so proud of these boys. I noticed a few teenaged boys wearing pink shirts this week walking to school. I just figured they were just wearing it for a fashion statement. I didn't realize they were activists!? :)

I'm glad that the this movement has spread from Nova Scotia to other provinces so quickly. It's great to see acceptance and tolerance flourishing among today's young people.

CamillaCD
09-22-2007, 02:27 AM
That was a heart warming story. We have got all sort of days in the year, why not a pink day ?

Michelle04240
09-22-2007, 12:28 PM
That was a great story.