PDA

View Full Version : Sisters...

Robyn2006
09-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Wondering if any of you had older sisters who you looked up to and tried to emulate as I did. For me, it was my older sister who had such an effect on me, she being 8 years older. She was and is completely gorgeous. Can't tell you enough how much watching her get all dolled-up for a date meant to me, with me watching her in her bathroom. Being so much younger, I was almost like a fly on the wall, but those days of watching her transform herself from a pretty young teen into a complete glamour model had its affect, the likes of which I needn't tell any of you, I am sure. Suffice it to say, she was my complete role model within every step I have taken into femininity. My greatest hope is to someday look as good as her.

Robyn

Dita_B
09-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Yes I grew up with a younger sister, but no, it had absolutely no influence on my cross dressing...

:love:Dita.

TxKimberly
09-23-2007, 01:11 AM
Your poll responses only allowed me to partially answer the question. I have a sister who is 4 years older than I am, and that I definitely do admire, but it wasn't her looks that impressed so much. While she was always known as one of the prettiest girls in our town, it was her attitude that I admire the most. She is strong, confident, in your face, and takes no stuff from anyone. THAT's why I admire her, not just because she is pretty.

LilSissyStevie
09-23-2007, 01:48 AM
I don't think any of the choices applied to me. I had two sisters and they would make me wear girl clothes whenever I played dolls with them. That's what got me started crossdressing when I was 4 or 5. I've been doing it on and off every since.

Lady Angela
09-23-2007, 04:31 AM
My sisters, my mom, and my aunt, as well as girls and women I knew, influenced me. So did certain women celebrities.

Mollyanne
09-23-2007, 04:39 AM
I wish I had. No brothers or sisters. Just my dogs. They hated me dressing them up. :)

Hi Tristen, Needed that laugh!!!!! THANKS!!!!!

:love: Mollyanne

Mollyanne
09-23-2007, 04:42 AM
Your poll responses only allowed me to partially answer the question. I have a sister who is 4 years older than I am, and that I definitely do admire, but it wasn't her looks that impressed so much. While she was always known as one of the prettiest girls in our town, it was her attitude that I admire the most. She is strong, confident, in your face, and takes no stuff from anyone. THAT's why I admire her, not just because she is pretty.

Hi Kim, Terrific answer, good for you sweetie. I really admire you for your honesty!!!!

:love: Mollyanne

suzi_cd
09-23-2007, 05:19 AM
I have no sisters but I don't agree with the "sadly" statement so I've not selected any answer.

BarbaraTalbot
09-23-2007, 05:36 AM
she was ahead of me in school three grades. We were roommates in her room with the French provincial "princess" furniture in lacquered with with gold accents. The incident that my mother turned in to a horrible furor was when I was 3.5 and sis was 6. I slipped on her dress and panties and little socks and her mary janes, to tease, not exactly to mock, but more to emulate.

I paraded out to an unreceptive audience.

Afterward thereabouts, I was moved into what became the boys room. 1st one brother than 3 more after that.

I was never close to my next younger brother until adulthood. I admire him now.

I stayed close to my sister and especially close to her during my freshman year in High School when I was still so little and vulnerable, and she was little but a Senior. We looked quite the pair. She at 5'1" and 85 lbs, me at 4' 11" and 72 lbs. Same blue eyes, same wary smiles. Same dense of humor except I was the creator and she the willing victim of my puns. Same hair, down to the same blond streak on the same temple Mine short, hers in a page boy. Sadly when she had to make the healthy choice to get away from our maniacally unhealthy parents(but frighteningly sane appearing to the outside world) I drifted apart from her. I reconnected when I reached maturity and left as she did virtually the shirt on my back. My issues (not CD-ing) and some really incompetent therapy she went through strained the relationship. I eased back and gave her space, and regret it as I miss her. I don't see any of my extended family, I only miss her.

By the way...FASCINATING that so far nearly 80% had no older sister..60% had NO sister....I always thought that having an older sister was a catalyst for me. Now threads about mom's clothes makes sense especially if you had a good relationship with Mom. So many times posts in this forum make me revisit and rethink my own gender identity genesis.

Gisele
09-23-2007, 05:43 AM
I wish I had a sis to look up to when I was younger.

I now have a step sister that I just adore she is 14 and has brittle bone disease. She has gone through more pain than 20 of us girls put together and she is just 14! Even though she is 14 and I am 41 I do look UP to her.:hugs:

I also have a beautiful 18 year old half sister that has no clue the she is my sister or that my father is even her dad. I haven't seen her for about 8 years now. My father has seen her off and on and has showed me pictures. (they go to the same church and is friends with her mother but just barely) Back when I was in her life when she was very young many of my friends thought she was my daughter when seeing pics of me and her together. We are a matching set.

LaurenS.
09-23-2007, 07:00 AM
I have no sisters but I have 6 female cousins that are all sisters and I was very close to when growing up. We live in the same town and we visited each other often. They were beautiful and very feminine and we used to play "dress up" all the time. I used to love it! My biggest fear is that they would tell the other kids about our activities but they never did. I guesss they helped to get me started.

Alaceann
09-23-2007, 07:38 AM
My sister is ten years younger than me, so nothing to try and emuiate. Don't know why I started or what started me CDing, but it doesn't matter I love it anyway..:drink:

brandi lynn
09-23-2007, 08:26 AM
I grew up with 6 sisters. It was nice to have there cloths on hand. I loved how pretty they were and how they dressed.I guess that is what inspired me to dress enfem.

laura.lapinski
09-23-2007, 08:50 AM
Had older sisters, but I don't think they had anything to do with my cding.

eliot
09-23-2007, 08:54 AM
No sisters. Two older brothers and a mom who wanted a girl.

angelfire
09-23-2007, 09:02 AM
I was an only child. Sometimes I wished a had a sibling. When I was young my parents did the whole foster home thing, taking in troubled kids. They were going to adopt one of them, which would have made him like my brother, as we were already close, but children's aid wouldn't let them.

Then my parents started taking students from other countries to come in and learn english, and stay with us. It was always kind of like I had a brother or sister, but only for a while, then they'd leave and I would never heard from them again. My parents still take them, only now I appreciate it more because they are usually around my age now, which means we have more in common.

arani5879
09-23-2007, 11:44 AM
My sister is 3 years younger and not a big influence. My older cousin as 7 years older then me and to me walked on water until she got into highschool and stopped hanging out with me. She would paint my nails and then we would both get yelled at by our dads, me for letting her do it ,well I usually asked but they didn't know that, and her for doing it. Just stuff like that.

SweetCaroline
09-23-2007, 11:51 AM
Mixed reaction. We had a great relationship during the teen years, but she wasn't much of a glamour girl, so not much of an influence. She was however three years older than me, and almost the same size and hight. I actually have to confess her clothes fit me better than they did her an I always looked more feminine then her which is one of the reasons I'll probally never tell her I dress. LOL!:heehee:

Jaquelyn
09-23-2007, 12:22 PM
My sister was older than me, 10 years to be exact. My sister was a gay, dikey female. Not the least bit an influence on my wanting to dress. Sadly, as some of you know, my sister killed herself about a year ago. Since then, my desire to dress more has been stronger. Don't know if it has anything to do with her suicide, or if just coincidence. When enfemme, I choose to be or try to be, feminine. Something I think my sister was never comfortable with, strange. My fetish to dress is just that, a fetish. I like women's clothes, they're better than men"s. I never liked dressing up as a man, ie suits, etc. But, I can't buy enough pretty, sexy ladies cothing; again, strange. Who knows. I do know this. I miss my sister tremendously, always will. My mom is gone too, so the only prominent female in my life now, is my beautiful wife, who I adore. She told me recently, that it could be fun having a "sister" to share with in life, so, maybe I will have another sis...... I miss you, Raelene, I hope things are peacefull for you now, godspeed:(

shauna 9
09-23-2007, 12:48 PM
My sister is 6 and 9 years younger than me, so nothing to try and emuiate. Don't know why I started or what started me CDing, but it doesn't matter I love it anyway.

Paula G
09-23-2007, 01:45 PM
My only sister is three years younger. We fought like cats & dogs through out our childhood, but are much closer now (at least willing to listen to each other), so there was no influence from her. Did have female cousins that were older, but didn't see them much while growing up.

Jazzmine
09-25-2007, 01:06 AM
My sister is 3 1/2 years younger and I am a male version of her in looks, only she looks very pretty and I must have got stuffed up in the DNA transfer!

I always looked after my little sis when we were young and protected her from anything even mildly threatening.

We went our separate ways when we got past mid teens. She lives in Aussie and I in NZ. I miss the closeness - we think much like twins do when together. She played no part in my CD inclinations and does not know I do, but if she was here in NZ she would be the first one I would confide in. Only thing is her husband is a jerk so maybe I wouldn't ....
Hugs Jazzmine

Patricia Danielle
09-25-2007, 02:27 AM
Sisters yep I had 11 of them! I got to wear all kinds of neat things. I told them the box pleat cheerleader skirts just drove me wild. I love wearing them. Still love them big box pleats in a skirt.. I love long dresses and long nylon nightgowns and had a unlimited supply and lots of hand me downs.. Just wish I could find a skirt with box pleats that would fit my fat but now. Patricia..

carolinebrookes
09-25-2007, 07:34 AM
I have 2 sisters. The eldest is a year older than me and had a tremendous bearing on my dressing habits. It was she who first dressed me up for a fancy dress party.
I put up such a fight against being dressed as a St Trinians schoolgirl, that she almost didn't force the issue! :D I "reluctantly" gave in and she became my source, inspiration and best friend as she dragged me further out of the closet.
We both thoroughly enjoyed our times together when we experimented with clothes and makeup and it was a sad time for me when she left home as my younger sister didn't know about my crossdressing and as far as I'm aware, still doesn't.

Robyn2006
09-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Good lord, ladies, this poll turned out so different than I'd expected! I had completely convinced myself that most of you could relate to having an older sister as a roll model. Guess not! Only 14 out of 119 (to date) seem to have had older sister who helped to show the way to the fairer side. With only 3 others voting that their older sister was a strong factor (really, only three???). So funny, really. I'd always thought having an older "glamour-girl" sister was the norm for those of us who wish to be femme, that there were so many other little brothers like me.

Guess I've now lost most of you who are reading this and who can't relate, likely off to elsewhere... But to those few who are still here and can relate... would really love to hear your sister stories! I have scores! The most terrifying for me being the day she found her bra in my bathroom...:Pullhair:

Robyn

LeeAnn_cd
09-29-2007, 04:56 AM
I have 2 sisters one older then me and the other younger. My older sister was my inspiration for dressing I would copy what she wore and we use to play dressup together. My mom did not say anything I use to tell her that I was just trying to keep her busy. just like carolinebrookes said my younger sister did not know but she does now infact she borrows some of my things since she lives with me and my wife.