PDA

View Full Version : Ordered Girly Eyeglasses Today

Jamie001
09-22-2007, 09:20 PM
I got a new prescription for eyeglasses this week and have been shopping for rimless frames for the past several days. I went to Costco and found two pairs that I really like, one guy frame and one girl frame. I took my wife to Costco to get her opinion and she chose the girls glasses for me! They are very cute and have an ornate frame with two little diamonds on each side. She just thought that they look much better, and yes, I will be wearing them in male mode all of the time. It will be about two weeks and I will have them.

:love: Jamie

LaurenS.
09-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Good for you! I need some fem frames also and am looking forward to picking them out.
May the Pink Fog also be with you!!

Lora Olivia
09-22-2007, 10:25 PM
tried to pick fem frames the last time i got glasses but the optometrist assistant said your wife will kill me lol so i have a pair of fem frames that used to be wifes i am going to order lenses for them, they have 2 pair of magnetic sun shades to go with so it will be so cool and change my look even more from him:D

Jamie001
09-22-2007, 10:30 PM
It is interesting that the opticians will show women both male and female frames whereas they will only show men male frames! I had to ask to see the fem frames that I liked. Interesting double-standard.

AmberTG
09-22-2007, 10:37 PM
I don't think it's a double standard so much as it is simply not wanting to offend their male customers. Most men would probably be offended if the optician offered them "girl" glasses, where women aren't so uptight.

monika40
09-23-2007, 12:59 AM
I have never had a problem getting feminine frames. Just pick them out, try them on, see how they look, give them to sa. always get two pair, one normal,one sunglasses (grey tint).

Sheri 4242
09-23-2007, 03:46 AM
It is interesting that the opticians will show women both male and female frames whereas they will only show men male frames! I had to ask to see the fem frames that I liked. Interesting double-standard.

I don't think it's a double standard so much as it is simply not wanting to offend their male customers. Most men would probably be offended if the optician offered them "girl" glasses, where women aren't so uptight.

I've never had a problem purchasing feminine frames. One SA kind of looked at us with a quizical expression once (my wife and I had gone together for our annual eye exams) when we picked out matching "Christie Brinkley" frames. The look of these frames was on the girly side of neutral -- IMO. Not blatant -- actually a good conform to my facial features.

I agree that there seems to be a double-standard in play at some places -- and it goes beyond not wanting to offend a man by handing him "girl" glasses. It is a matter of what is generally accepted as a societal norm. I think that when the opticians show GG's both male and female frames, they do so with knowledge that women can (and do) cross the lines of what has been labeled as "for females" and as "for males." This is true in many areas of clothing, too, as most well know.

In the main, it is your money, so buy what you want!!!