PDA

View Full Version : passing, it's in the hair

noname
09-23-2007, 02:55 AM
So I've been growing my hair out for almost a year. Though I didn't want to get it cut it was getting a bit frizzy. I was fortunate enough to get the hair dressers thats been cutting hair for 17 years or something crazy like that. So I told her, this may sound a bit odd but can you show me how to style my hair girly? Sure she said, no problem. She took very little off to clean it up and asked how girly do you want your hair. I hemmed and finnally said, you know what, lets go all the way, I want to have fun with this this. She curled the sides and back giving that look like it was being blown upwards. She was super cool.

Well, as some know, I never try to pass. So I'm out with the wife. ( FYI when I came home she told me she hated it and it wouldn't look good on anyone. ) Were at Lane Bryant and the SA comes up to us and says, can I help you ladies find anything? When I turned and looked at her I could tell she was pretty uncertain. We continued to run a few errands, went to Fred Meyer and the young gal ringing me us up said, " I really like your hair." I told her I just had it done blah blah blah... She said, no I mean... I.. LOVE...your hair.

Strange thing was though, I seemed to be getting very few second glances. Like I was being treated normally. I'm guessing people just assumed I was a GG? Kind of like they are busy and their minds are else where and I blended well enough. Who knows, maybe it's all in my head. But like I've said before, I'm not interested in trying to pass. The thing is though for the first time I could feel my hair have bounce to it, it also felt very much me, and I felt very comfortable in it. Strange, I know.

So thats my story for today. I know I won't be able to do as good of a job on my hair as she did. Gunna take some practice. Though as I have been trying to grow my hair out, I won't be able to do this style for much longer. I may actually stick with this shorter hair style as it works so well for me. As the stylist said, your hair has a slight wave and almost does this naturally.

Jezebel
09-23-2007, 03:40 AM
I agree with you both. Hair is a big thing and it can effect the way your facial features look and everything. The length of the hair is not as important as the style and people forget that.

Emma England
09-23-2007, 06:42 AM
Funny you mention this.

I am probably going to have my legs waxed in a salon for the first time this week. They also do hairdressing.

I might ask what they can do to mine.

I agree that style is important.

Alaceann
09-23-2007, 06:52 AM
It would be nice if I had hair to grow. I would have it to shoulder length.

Sally24
09-23-2007, 07:30 AM
I've found that there is nothing more feminine feeling than setting and working your hair until it is just "right". It really makes a big difference on your overall look. And I am just green with envy that you have your own hair and not a wig! I've tried but I'm just a few hairs shy of a full load at this point.

Carroll
09-23-2007, 09:44 AM
I fall into the "balding class of crossdressers so growing my hair wont work. I am letting what I have grow because I promised my sister I would let her cut it at least once

noname
09-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Curious, what causes balding anyway. Yeah I have a full head of hair now, but going bald or even thinning hair would be a real nightmare for me. I'm guessing hormones?

Oh I also didn't mention, she told me she remembered cutting my hair last time. She said she didn't want to tell me but that with my jaw line being sharp short hair didn't look so good on me. I forget the words she used, but basically they clashed giving me a very sharp agressive look. After she style my hair she said it gives me a much softer look. I so enjoyed that hair stylist visit, one of the best things I could have done.

The best way to descibe the hair style, it's like storms hair from the xmen movie but with a little more curl. If you can't tell, I'm really happy about my new hair.

Ruth
09-23-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm what they call follicularly challenged, so I have to wear a wig to pass as anything like femme. I've tried a few styles and the shorter styles definitely suit my face better than a shoulder length. In fact, in the shoulder length waved style I most definitely look like a guy in a wig. That's a look I may go for at some point, but not right now.

NatalieGirl
09-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Noname, balding is genetic. Ironically, it is passed down from your mother's genes, not your father's. If your mother has a brother who is bald, odds are so will you be.

Balding is triggered by male hormones. Many FTM trannies have found to their dismay that when they start hormones they lose their hair.