PDA

View Full Version : The positives of being read!

Kendra Irene
09-23-2007, 11:09 AM
The attached link (http://www.masquerade.ca/newsletter/lipstick_lace_august_2007.pdf) goes to our local group's news letter. On page 6 is an article that shows that being read in NOT the end of the world, could be positive for all of us.

Kendra

Dita_B
09-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Wow! Kendra thank you for sharing this issue with us... What a nice publication! I bookmarked it for further reading and if I still like it after that I may join the club if I can...

I really love to read about all those subjects that are important for a cross dresser and I fully agree with the author of the article about being read that it can be very positive if it is paired with a positive attitude from the CD in question...

:love:Dita.

sandra-leigh
09-23-2007, 12:24 PM
What a nice publication! I bookmarked it for further reading and if I still like it after that I may join the club if I can...

That's me in the far right of the picture accompanying the article Kendra referenced, (and again on pages 20, 22, and even on 23 if you look hard enough.)

And of course you can join, Dita; we have members from quite some distance, some of whom have not yet had a chance to make it to Winnipeg (and when they do, it is occasion for celebration). And we're always happy to receive club newsletters from other clubs.

Lauren Richards
09-23-2007, 12:56 PM
I don't worry about being read as much as I used to, but always make sure I dress appropriately for where I am going. At 6'2", I stand out a bit, and just knowing that others will occasionaly read me actually makes me proud of being able to get out there and comfortably be in crowds and around other people. Took a long time.

Lauren

trannie T
09-23-2007, 01:04 PM
A nice article. It is amazing how much acceptance we receive when we drag ourselves out of the closet.

Zee
09-23-2007, 03:17 PM
I sincerely wish that there was a group like that in my city. Alas, none exist and I do not have the time to orgainze one.

Kendra Irene
09-23-2007, 06:13 PM
I sincerely wish that there was a group like that in my city. Alas, none exist and I do not have the time to orgainze one.

Zee, you don't say where you are. There are two "groups" available in Calgary.
Go to the web links on the Masquerade Home page.

Kendra

JULIE33362
09-23-2007, 06:27 PM
That Was So Nice To Read Thanks

Wenda
09-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks for this post, Kendra. I changed my computer and lost my Masquerade address. You Winnipeg Girls just have TOO much fun! I have been in Wpg a couple of times in the past year, but just didn't have enough private time to make a call. My GF and I plan to make a road trip in the next few months. I am a short six hour drive away.
Hey ZEE, why not come to MJ, and we will make an excursion to Wpg? Tess??? Whoa, Tess?? is that YEW??
OK girl, geography. WPG is WESTERN Canada. Just because the Bombers are in the Eastern Conference doesn't mean Winnipeg has shifted time zones.
So, How many more Masquerade Gurls are on this forum? Oh, OH, and What do you have planned for Halloween? I was just checking out Vinyl/PVC Bustiers!
I feel a road trip coming on!
Wenda.

Katie Moore
09-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Just an awesome newsletter...

sandra-leigh
09-23-2007, 08:05 PM
Tess??? Whoa, Tess?? is that YEW??
OK girl, geography. WPG is WESTERN Canada. Just because the Bombers are in the Eastern Conference doesn't mean Winnipeg has shifted time zones.

The monument to the Geographic Center of North America is literally less than 10 miles outside the Winnipeg city limits -- 10 miles -west- of here, at that. And our timezone remains Central Time. And while Calgary is 750 miles away, Toronto is only 943; the city next door to us, Kenora, is almost exactly half way between the two of them. We're as Central as you get in Canada! ;-)

christina marie
09-24-2007, 06:36 AM
what a nice newsletter! looks like you girls really have a good time. thanks for sharing that with us!

gail price
09-24-2007, 03:45 PM
Being read is not that bad as i found out myself today whilst in Greenwich Park London.

Zee
09-24-2007, 05:18 PM
Yea, sorry...
I am somewhat south of Calgary, as in Lethbridge. Alas, with the high religious content around here, it gets difficult at times.

I know Calgary is only 2 hours away... but I have far too many responsibilities to allow me to burn a four hour return trip + extra time to play ;).

Not many of us Girls in Lethbridge. I know of one other.

A road trip to WPG is sort of a long haul. I've been there before and thats one boring trip (mainly Saskatchewan).

Satrana
09-24-2007, 11:40 PM
Yes a great newsletter. Now if we had that type of organization in every town and city we would have a big impact on changing society's attitudes.

Darla in Pa.
09-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Just want to see my advatar