PDA

View Full Version : Another day on the streets (warning – long post)

Ruth
09-23-2007, 11:38 AM
I said I’d post something the next time I went on one of my excursions. I’m not bragging (honest), I just want to share, both as a thank you to those sisters on this forum who have encouraged me and given me confidence by their example, and as information for those of us who are still thinking about going out in public.
I live in a small town so I don’t feel I can go out on the streets as Ruth (I really don’t believe Ruth is recognisable to those who know the male side of the twin, but there is the aspect of getting in and out of a recognisable car – somebody is very likely to spot it, and wonder).
Anyway, I have to drive to the next town, where I am pretty sure nobody knows me or my car.
At home I put on underwear and hose under tracksuit trousers and a sweatshirt, take my other stuff in a bag and set off. I’m already wearing my femme watch and unisex/femme spectacles. At a secluded pull-off between the towns I wriggle out of my track pants and put on a skirt and shoes, take off the top, insert breast forms and put on my female top, then do make-up, put on wig, add earrings and a necklace, a spray of perfume, and I’m ready to drive on.
I park in the central car park, do a bit of adjusting of clothes and hair in my hand mirror, then I’m off round the shops. I have a small shoulder bag (containing money, keys and phone) and a sort of small embroidered shopping bag. Women always have bags, I’ve noticed. It’s a Saturday lunchtime so it’s busy, but this time I do not detect a single hard stare or raised eyebrow (which reminds me, my eyebrows got plucked very neatly for this outing). After about an hour or so I’ve been everywhere I want to go, spoken to people in shops, smiled a lot at strangers, but I’m actually feeling tired, so it’s back to the car.
I had intended stopping off on the way back to do my quick change in reverse, but I am feeling good, I enjoy driving en femme, so I drive all the way home. Our driveway is sheltered so I can dash from car to door very discreetly. It was not really very clever but I tend to go with this kind of impulse more when en femme.
Anyway, I mentioned earlier that “this time” I got away without any obvious reaction and I think it was because I was dressed a little more quietly than before. I was wearing a subdued dark skirt and dark aubergine fitted top, with dark pantyhose and sensible flat shoes. I didn’t feel at all glamorous but I must have looked the part of a woman going shopping. Although at home I like to wear pretty flowing floral dresses, that look just doesn’t cut it at the shopping centre.
So that’s another day out, done with no problems or confrontations. I will plan my next one for some time in the coming months. And I’ll be sure and share.
With love and thanks to those of you who inspired and supported me,
Ruth
P.S. I should point out to those of you thinking about going out, that I am out to my wife, and have been going to a therapist for 12 months as regards my CDing (and do most sessions en femme), so I am used to presenting as a female to other people. So it’s not out of the closet and into the street.

Suzie Green
09-23-2007, 12:06 PM
Sounds like you had a fun day Ruth, very nice! And you've found what I did as well, that the secret to not getting those looks and double-takes is to simply blend in. And you do that by wearing what the GGs are wearing. Frilly femme clothing is fun, but you stand out like a sore thumb when you over-dress for the occasion. Congrats on having a wonderful shopping trip, if you're ever stateside, we'll have to go together!

Suzie :love:

charllote34
09-23-2007, 12:11 PM
Thanks for your post , its like planning a military operation isnt it ! I had my first trip out the "risky" part was getting to the car , once in and away no problem, but it was late at night so not many people about .

Lauren Richards
09-23-2007, 01:03 PM
Love your long post. There is so much texture that is lost when we try to keep it too brief. A brief post would never have included the details, like "aubergine". Love the word. Love the color. And I can relate to being a little more daring en femme. I think it brings out a very real part of us which needs expression.

Lauren

My Lady Marsea
09-23-2007, 01:23 PM
Great going Ruth. Sounds like you had a fun "girl" day and you've gained confidence for many more. I go out dressed every time, but I'm into embroiderd girl jeans and V neck tops with boobies all the required jewelry and of course the purse and "blend" in pretty good. I spent the day at a theme park the other day and even had to use the womens rooms...all without a problem. Even IF you get read and catch it once in a while it doesn't seem to matter...I just give a bigger than usual smile & continue on. Again, Great going Girl.