PDA

View Full Version : Was mistaken for a girl, well briefly.

Joanne_'jojo'
09-23-2007, 02:00 PM
I ran my last race of the season today a half-marathon. Shortly after the start as I was picking my way through people who started too quickly, I ran past a couple of guys and heard one exclaim to the other quite loudly "I thought that was a girl", it felt kinda good.
I had my hair in a pony tail, always for racing, and pulled thru my race hat, my navy and green adidas running tights and my new 'Smartwool' socks, womens with a green cuff and flower design woven in. White and bright blue (almost turquoise) MPG running top.
I think it must have been my narrow hips that gave me away (darn those hips) or the fact that I was too fast for them.
I think next time I'll have to get some running capris :)

As for the race...went to plan perfectly, took it easy and stuck to just under 8min pace for the first lap and then picked it up to just under 7:40 and ran the last mile in 6:55, total time 1:41:03.

Joanne.

Jezebel
09-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Hey awesome! Congrats, haha! I wish I could run myself but I'm way out of shape. Your outfit sounds cute too ;)

When my fiance had longer hair and worked at a place where they had to wear uniforms people mistook him for a girl a few times even when he wasn't into CD. He used to act like it bothered him but I bet it secretly made him happy!

Melissa Pink
09-23-2007, 02:09 PM
I ran my last race of the season today a half-marathon. Shortly after the start as I was picking my way through people who started too quickly, I ran past a couple of guys and heard one exclaim to the other quite loudly "I thought that was a girl", it felt kinda good.
I had my hair in a pony tail, always for racing, and pulled thru my race hat, my navy and green adidas running tights and my new 'Smartwool' socks, womens with a green cuff and flower design woven in. White and bright blue (almost turquoise) MPG running top.
I think it must have been my narrow hips that gave me away (darn those hips) or the fact that I was too fast for them.

As for the race...went to plan perfectly, took it easy and stuck to just under 8min pace for the first lap and then picked it up to just under 7:40 and ran the last mile in 6:55, total time 1:41:03.

Joanne.

Joanne,
Congratulations on your time. That is great for a half marathon! I' m envious. I'm lucky to keep it under two hours. I haven't raced since I decided to become Melissa full time earlier this summer. I am still trying to decide which gender I should enroll in races in. I am pretty convincing in spite of the fact that I haven't had any physical procedures yet. Anyone else faced this dilemma?

Wenda
09-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Wow, sounds like a great day all around! I admire your time, good for you!:thumbsup:

robinLynn
09-23-2007, 03:27 PM
sounds like a great day

Suzie Green
09-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Nice job Joanne! Would be fun to get all the runners on this forum into a race together! Maybe someone should organize the "Crossdressers 10-K" where all the racers have to dress in clothing of the opposite gender! :D

Rosaliy Lynne
09-23-2007, 09:17 PM

Joanne.

I've been seen as female on a few occasions myself and it is a wonderful feeling. I've even watched a guy wander around looking at me - and almost tripping over his own feet in the process. One young man at a supermarket followed just behind me to see what I looked like when I turned in his direction. We smiled at each other and I felt like - awrite!!!!

Billijo49504
09-23-2007, 09:27 PM
From what I remember from a race, I worked the radio, at our race. If you ran less than 2 hours, that was good...BJ

KarenSusan
09-24-2007, 12:20 AM
Congratulations, Joanne.

ArleneRaquel
09-24-2007, 12:30 AM
It is always fun to be seen as a lady.:happy: :love: & :hugs: Beyonce Welch- A Lady. :happy:

Marianna Julianna
09-24-2007, 10:02 AM
I was really pleased to me taken for a woman, just for a few seconds, the only time I've been out dressed, esspecially as I wasn't trying that hard. Don't it just give you a buzz!!

Mitch23
09-24-2007, 10:49 AM
good going girl - excellent time too. I have done 1.38 but on a fast flat course. I have been tempted to run as a girl - i would win my age category. but i'm too well known round here and wouldn't get away with it!

Mitch

KendallM2F86
09-24-2007, 10:11 PM
no matter if it's only one of few times or one of many, no matter wut, hearing that never gets old babe :happy: