PDA

View Full Version : No One Cares

jsoto81
09-23-2007, 02:38 PM
Well the month is almost over and it has been busy, but good.

It started out with a date... then turned into a 24 hour date. So that started my week off well. But on labor day I had to fly up to HQ for training, I got my badge and even go Ben put on it (i haven't legally changed it yet) and I told everyone in my group, the referred to me as "him" "his" and "he". it was avery nice experience. But the funny thing was that when I changed my name in apple directory I didn't know it changed it in everything (my work email, my name on all company print outs and my name in the POS system) so when I got back my manager asked me "why did you change your name and not tell me" I told her i didn't know that it would change everything and that was the turning point and I started telling all my coworkers in the store and the response has been awesome. No one has cared or even batted an eye at the matter. They've started to call me Ben here too, so it's going great.

So things are going well.

Shelly Preston
09-23-2007, 02:47 PM
Wow

It just show how sometimes a mistake (or unwitting action) can lead to great news :)

Adam
09-23-2007, 03:45 PM
thats great kinda cool now then that it did change your name on everything :D

trannie T
09-23-2007, 06:43 PM
I saw the title of this thread and thought it would be a lonely person wallowing in self pity. Sounds like a lot of people care about you, no matter what gender you present. You're doing good, dude!

Cai
09-23-2007, 07:05 PM
I saw the title of this thread and thought it would be a lonely person wallowing in self pity. Sounds like a lot of people care about you, no matter what gender you present. You're doing good, dude!

I agree - it's not that no one cares, it's that everyone cares enough about you to let you be yourself. Which is great! I'm glad your boss was so cool with the name change.

ZenFrost
09-23-2007, 07:20 PM
That's great Ben! It's cool how you only had to change it once.

jsoto81
09-23-2007, 07:39 PM
yeah i like to write titles that could mean different things or miss leading. I once wrote a journal on deviantart.com that said "I Paid for Sex" just to fool people cause it's fun sometimes.

But yeah it's great, things are comin together nicely.

DanielMacBride
09-23-2007, 10:07 PM
Yay Ben! That's awesome :) Cool how your name has already changed on everything for you, too - that saves a bit of effort lol :)

I changed my name on my email and kinda forgot that I also email official/legal people about my kids and stuff so sort of outed myself there, but its all good :heehee:

It sounds like you have a really supportive work environment and that things are going well for you - great to hear :)

Daniel

bi_weird
09-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Dude that's really excellent! Congrats on your coworkers being so cool.